Keep Brad trade Bibby

trade both. Bibby and Miller need to go. How can anyone not be tired of watching them both be matadors on the defensive end? The Kings traded for Artest for his D hoping that it would rub off on his teammates. It did, but not for Bibby or Miller.

If one of the 2 had to go, Id pick Miller simply because he doesn't seem to fit in anymore. Also, you don't find a lot of PG's like Bibby. Bibby can shoot, pass, and defend against very slow PG's(which is close to none). He is undeniably clutch and is our only consistent 3 point shooter other than KMART and he isnt that consistent to begin with. Unless we get a really good deal that would be close to impossible to pass up, i say stick with Bibby rather than Miller.

GreenKing said:
trade both. Bibby and Miller need to go. How can anyone not be tired of watching them both be matadors on the defensive end? The Kings traded for Artest for his D hoping that it would rub off on his teammates. It did, but not for Bibby or Miller.

you're not gonna find a point gaurd better than mike bibby. 21ppg and 5 assists is EXTREMELY hard to come by. the other great point guards in this league that may be better are pretty much untradable; billups, nash, parker, kidd. no one can justify why mike bibby should be traded. and it kind of annoys me because the man put up pretty good numbers against the best defensive team in the league. mike bibby (before that stinkbomb in game 5) put up 18ppg and 6 assists in the series vs. the spurs. (the best defense in the league). game 6 he put up 19. he may not be the best defensive point gaurd, but he attacks and he puts the other teams defense on their heels.

take a look at billups stats against the spurs (best defense) in the NBA finals last year. he averaged 16 and 5

take a look at parkers stats against the pistons (2nd best defense) in the NBA finals last year. he averaged 13 and 3.

this shows that mike bibby has put up better numbers than parker and billups. against the toughest defense in the league. so why in the world would you want him traded.

parker had a better series than mike this year because the kings didnt have great team defense like the spurs.

i wish some people would smarten up.

I've seen Bibby play good defense before, he just needs discipline/motivation to always play hard on that end. Brad on the other hand is very slow and can't jump. He doesn't have the body to play defense.

Let me appease all the Bibby fans out there. Bibby is a stud, he is clutch and he is one of the best point guards in the league...

But I still want to trade him.

Im a huge Bibby fan, dont get me wrong...I just dont think the Kings cant win a ring with a core of Bibby/Artest/Bonzi...Thats too much salary to spend on the 1, 2 & 3 spots...How are we going to get a center when we have 3 max or near maxed out players on our perimeter...Are we going to HOPE we can move up in a future draft to grab the next cant miss center??...I say trade Bibby if we can for a defensive, rebounding, shot blocking center...Let Brad slide over to the 4 spot...A frontline of Dalmbert?/Miller/SAR sounds very nice to me...Sign a PG if we dont get one back in return...Mike James?? Sam Cassell??

We cant win the West without a center...we cant get a center unless we trade for one...Lets trade what we can now to build a team that can make a run at the title

I would keep Bibby and trade Brad. Miller has not impressed me at all this year. The man can't jump and his rebouding has dropped alot. And he is not much of a defender than Bibby. At least Bibby can step up in the game.

I am not impressed with Mike James. Yeah he has good numbers but he didn't really start putting up good numbers until he started playing for the Raps. I don't like his attitude either. During the middle of the season he had made it clear he was going to opt out because he said he needed more money.

Mike James played very well w/ the Rockets, helping them get to the playoffs. Also was a key bench guy in the Pistons championship run.

He's never gotten much of a chance till w/ the Rockets and Raptors.

Don't have a problem with his attitude, he's come off as a cool/good guy in a bunch of interviews I've seen/read.
Far as opting out, I can't really blame the guy with how his career has gone and his situation from this past season. Now realizes this is the chance to get a deal that he feels he deserves (or close to it).

I personally love the guys game, and like him as a person from what I've gathered (dealings aside, just know about the general of that).

i dont mind a core of mike, artest and wells. so what if they demand high salaries. the only thing that's stopping us is not having a center that can challenge shots in the paint and be aggressive on offense. heck, if we had samuel dalembert instead of miller we propably wouldve beaten san antonio. we just need someone with a presense.

tyrant said:
you're not gonna find a point gaurd better than mike bibby. 21ppg and 5 assists is EXTREMELY hard to come by. the other great point guards in this league that may be better are pretty much untradable; billups, nash, parker, kidd. no one can justify why mike bibby should be traded. and it kind of annoys me because the man put up pretty good numbers against the best defensive team in the league. mike bibby (before that stinkbomb in game 5) put up 18ppg and 6 assists in the series vs. the spurs. (the best defense in the league). game 6 he put up 19. he may not be the best defensive point gaurd, but he attacks and he puts the other teams defense on their heels.

take a look at billups stats against the spurs (best defense) in the NBA finals last year. he averaged 16 and 5

take a look at parkers stats against the pistons (2nd best defense) in the NBA finals last year. he averaged 13 and 3.

this shows that mike bibby has put up better numbers than parker and billups. against the toughest defense in the league. so why in the world would you want him traded.

parker had a better series than mike this year because the kings didnt have great team defense like the spurs.

i wish some people would smarten up.

Bibby did a great job. Our team lost in the first round. And remember what the team did before Ron Artest? They stunk it up. I am sorry but no matter how good bibby is on the offensive end does not make up for his lack of skill and effort on the defensive end. Bibby started the season overweight by bulking up and it slowed him down even more. Fire Bibby and run team dime out of town!

To put it simple, one of them has to go along with KT who NEEDS to go. I wont mind if one of them stays. I couldn't handle a one/two punch of zombie defenders and players when you only have 5 on the court. Thats a little too much. With at least one, Im hoping the other 4 players will drill it in their brain that they need to improove.

W

West_Gunslinger16

What a great idea. Trade the best shooter and playmaker in the team then keep the slow, non-rebounding, hardly moving, weak defense and plays with no heart center who plays like a guard. Now that's going to keep the team up and going.

The offense needs balance. Bonzi = low post, Artest = low post, Shareef = low post.

Bibby is one of the premier shooters in the league. Unless we're trading him for Ray Allen, Steve Nash, or Chauncy Billups... it doesn't help us.

Ideally, I'd like to get a tough defensive big man to pair with Brad up front. Second option is to trade Brad for a true center, and start Shareef.

If Ronnie Price gets a chance next year, I think we'll all be pleased to see how much he harasses the opposing PG. That's fine for the backup PG who will probably be our fourth scoring option at best, but frankly I don't want Bibby using all his energy on the defensive end, because he's our best scorer.
~~

Alacron said:
The offense needs balance. Bonzi = low post, Artest = low post, Shareef = low post.

Bibby is one of the premier shooters in the league. Unless we're trading him for Ray Allen, Steve Nash, or Chauncy Billups... it doesn't help us.

Ideally, I'd like to get a tough defensive big man to pair with Brad up front. Second option is to trade Brad for a true center, and start Shareef.

If Ronnie Price gets a chance next year, I think we'll all be pleased to see how much he harasses the opposing PG. That's fine for the backup PG who will probably be our fourth scoring option at best, but frankly I don't want Bibby using all his energy on the defensive end, because he's our best scorer.
~~
SAR has a good jumper. And agreed about Price.

R

Rome

Reef can hit the jumper just as effective as Miller. Plus he has an inside presence too. Just look how we played against the Spurs. Brad did absolutely NOTHING and the Kings still gave the Spurs all they can handle.

So I think Brad has to go.

this is perhaps the dumbest trade proposal i have ever seen.............there no way in hell we should trade bibby and you wanna replace bibby with banks and jaric? oh my god i feel sick

bibbysac said:
this is perhaps the dumbest trade proposal i have ever seen.............there no way in hell we should trade bibby and you wanna replace bibby with banks and jaric? oh my god i feel sick
I think people are basing the decision to trade Bibby soley on his sub par performance against the Spurs. He had a career year and has done awesome with the change in direction and his role on the team after Artest. He is a warrior as well and is one heck of a PG who has the big benefit of being a good shooter as well. Bibby is a keeper, but his contract is a bit inflated, I'd like him better if he was under $10M, possibly 9.5M this year and not over $11M in the next few years, but he really has a high pay scale going from $11.5M this year to 12.5M etc, $1M more each year. He is one of the elite PG s in the league and there is little room for upgrading with him.

Brad should definately go before Mike and go regardless due to his lack of effort...we don't need that especially when Bonzi and Ron are giving us 200%, we don't need a guy giving 50%.

we can compensate for bibby's big pay salary. clear out some of these quitters. kenny thomas, miller and jason hart. get rid of all 3.

tyrant said:
we can compensate for bibby's big pay salary. clear out some of these quitters. kenny thomas, miller and jason hart. get rid of all 3.
That would help out so much and we wouldn't miss them because they already quite on us. We are going to have to package up Corliss and Vitaly's expiring contracts to sweeten this up.

Wouldn't say Hart's a quitter, he's not that kind of player, just wasn't near what we expected. Also coming to a new team and system, really only showed what he was in Charlotte a handful of times. Just got his tenacity on defense. I wouldn't mind if we kept him, but not as the back-up PG. I pretty much expect him gone though.

kingsfan916 said:
AH no lets try to get KG and MIke JAmes or Bobby J or some other scoring PG
Keep Bibby Trade BRAD
We're not getting KG. Give it up. Mike James has said publicly he wants to go back to Houston, where he just bought a house. I love Bobby J, but the man was snakebitten here. Could never stay healthy.

I like the trade a lot, and that's kind of surprising. I'd maybe send Brad out, too, in a diff trade, and get a quality 4 if possible.