Keegan Murray

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Keegan is kind of insane was not expecting him to basically be doing what he was in SL in actual NBA games. Best rookie start I think I have seen from a Kings player in like 20 seasons.
The only ones who come to mind are Cousins and Evans, but a lot of that was purely due to their physical tools and they were still incredibly raw.
Bagley put up nice numbers as a rookie off the bench but he was horrendous on defense and a lot of his points came because the Kings were just running down the floor harder than the other team.

Keegan is already incredibly polished on both ends of the floor and blowing by elite NBA defenders by showing off an “old man game” like he’s a ten year vet.

The only ones who come to mind are Cousins and Evans, but a lot of that was purely due to their physical tools and they were still incredibly raw.
Bagley put up nice numbers as a rookie off the bench but he was horrendous on defense and a lot of his points came because the Kings were just running down the floor harder than the other team.

Keegan is already incredibly polished on both ends of the floor and blowing by elite NBA defenders by showing off an “old man game” like he’s a ten year vet.
Cousins and Evans while more "physically" talented combined did not have half of Murray's IQ and defense (although both were like 3 years younger), maybe I should have said no rookie has been this complete and contributing to winning basketball like Murray.

Keegan already out here shooting the most finger rolls in the league as a rookie.
I mean, there's all sorts of creation moves here in this highlight package alone. Far more than I think we were expecting.

Sky truly is the limit. I don't see any way he's not at least an above average scorer/elite spacer. He probably already is, as crazy as that is to say 4 games into his career. Next phase is playmaking and being an elite switchable defender

Though they are two very different people who happen to look alike, I can’t help thinking Keagan’s success will be a huge boost to twin brother Kris’s NBA draft ranking. Betting he’ll have a lot of interest.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Though they are two very different people who happen to look alike, I can’t help thinking Keagan’s success will be a huge boost to twin brother Kris’s NBA draft ranking. Betting he’ll have a lot of interest.
It also helps that Kris is good at basketball (it’ll be hard for him to be as good as Keegan but he’s got a lot of the same tools in his bag aside from the fact they shoot with different hands).

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
It also helps that Kris is good at basketball (it’ll be hard for him to be as good as Keegan but he’s got a lot of the same tools in his bag aside from the fact they shoot with different hands).
Hmm. We need to draft his brother. Have similar jersey #s for both (or have them switch jerseys when nobody is looking). Confuse the heck out of defenders when they keep defending the wrong hand and the Murray twins score at will. Brilliant!!!

Hmm. We need to draft his brother. Have similar jersey #s for both (or have them switch jerseys when nobody is looking). Confuse the heck out of defenders when they keep defending the wrong hand and the Murray twins score at will. Brilliant!!!
The calls would be hilarious: Murray has the ball, and passes it to Murray. Murray drives in, passes it back out to Murray. Murray for three, it’s good!

I’am of the opinion that once he gets more comfortable on the floor and the true speed of the NBA we will begin to see a lot more of the skills he has.
But just one game starting I believe that he has really increased the spacing that is allowing our offense to play to the level we just saw.

Cousins and Evans while more "physically" talented combined did not have half of Murray's IQ and defense (although both were like 3 years younger), maybe I should have said no rookie has been this complete and contributing to winning basketball like Murray.
Yeah they are just totally different. Cuz/Evans can run an offense, Murray is a smart, high IQ, efficient catch and shoot player who appears to have a decent floater. In Kings history he's closer to a Kevin Martin or Peja than the other two.

Well, normal rookies.
He started Jason Williams right out of the gate. Certainly talented, but not an All Star. Hedo Turkoglu worked into the rotation in his first season. With enough NBA talent and IQ, he played you. Gerald Wallace wasn't there yet, for a contending team. and we saw why he didn't want to play Derrick Williams much in Minnesota.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
1- this clip shows the biggest difference between the Murray twins in that Kris stares down the poor dude he dunked on for a half second whereas Keegan would have probably immediately sprinted back down to the other end of the court as if he had just turned the ball over.
2- I thought Kris looked a little bigger than Keegan last season physically but Keegs has really put on some muscle since getting drafted.
3- I want to see Keegan steal someone’s soul like this.

gunks

Hall of Famer
1- this clip shows the biggest difference between the Murray twins in that Kris stares down the poor dude he dunked on for a half second whereas Keegan would have probably immediately sprinted back down to the other end of the court as if he had just turned the ball over.
2- I thought Kris looked a little bigger than Keegan last season physically but Keegs has really put on some muscle since getting drafted.
3- I want to see Keegan steal someone’s soul like this.
Kris = evil twin confirmed.

I'm now on board with drafting him.