Keegan Murray

He has to be the starter because there is no justification for starting Okpala. Not at least until Okpala can defend without fouling and spread the floor. Murray, on the other hand, is not as pesky of a defender but can stay in front and contest without fouling with good consistency.

Mathurin putting up numbers too. It ain't gonna be easy but we'll see what happens going forward.
Keegan would win it most years, but this is a pretty insane draft class. Murray, Banchero, Jabari, Ivey, and Mathurin are all balling at a high level and are already focal points of their teams less than 5 games into the season. It's anybody's award to win but if Murray finishes the year with the averages he has now then idgaf if he wins it or not lol.

Keegan would win it most years, but this is a pretty insane draft class. Murray, Banchero, Jabari, Ivey, and Mathurin are all balling at a high level and are already focal points of their teams less than 5 games into the season. It's anybody's award to win but if Murray finishes the year with the averages he has now then idgaf if he wins it or not lol.
Yeah he shot 40% from 3 against the Warriors and it seemed like he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn lol.

He has to be the starter because there is no justification for starting Okpala. Not at least until Okpala can defend without fouling and spread the floor. Murray, on the other hand, is not as pesky of a defender but can stay in front and contest without fouling with good consistency.
Totally agree.... If the best argument people have is that we need him to provide scoring with the bench unit, then that's not a reason. If that's the reason, the same logic applies to Fox. At some point, you put your best 5 guys in the starting lineup. Usually bench scoring comes from a heat-check, no defense type of player who shouldn't be getting 30 min a game. Based on the minutes he's gotten the first two games, he's a starter and the bench needs to sort itself out some other way.

Were people calling this a weak draft class or did I just imagine that?

Agree but also get what they're trying to do with Okpala. Not saying it's working though.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Were people calling this a weak draft class or did I just imagine that?
I think it was considered a 6 player draft. But the top 3 were supposed to be superstar potential with a big drop. Honestly everyone we're talking about was in that 6. And most have had at least one bad game to go with their massive breakout game.

Sharpe apparently (I can't watch in one of life's great ironies) did not follow up his sterling Sacramento performance with great games I am told.

He has to play with the starters his shot creation is pathetic at the NBA level so far but he's elite shooting, and he's solid on D playing with Sabonis/Fox/Huerter the only 3 playmakers on the team will help him. If he gets stuck playing with Monk/Mitchell eventually teams will adjust and he won't be able to do much imo other than the odd open look. Murray would also probably give the Kings the highest IQ line up they could have,

I saw that the lineup: Fox, Huerter, Barnes, Murray, Sabonis has a +56.4 net rating in 11 min played so far.

If you swap KZ for Keegan we are -14.8 net rating in 25 min.

Small sample sizes but it’s good to see we are finally going to it.

Yeah, BS time is over, lol. I think the Kings got a little overconfident that they could put off their best lineups. Whoops.
It's almost all Barnes related. If he's his normal self, the KZ LU works perfectly. The issue is he's been unplayable. KZ has played his role very well in what he's asked to do

But yeah, time to get your best 5 on the floor. Can't fall much further than the 0-3 start and let this get out of control

I think he had a decent game being only his second nba game that counted.
Given that he missed a short time with whatever illness he might of had and the back to back.
We need to have our best team on the floor and Murray will get many more wide open opportunities with the starting lineup. Why handicap him with the second unit plus hopefully it helps us stop those slow offensive starts

The costume is actually an artistic expression. The coat represents what his competition is going to need when he starts raining threes on the league and the balloon signifies his ascension above the artificial ceiling his naysayers have bestowed on him and serves as a reminder that he is in fact in control of his basketball destiny.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The costume is actually an artistic expression. The coat represents what his competition is going to need when he starts raining threes on the league and the balloon signifies his ascension above the artificial ceiling his naysayers have bestowed on him and serves as a reminder that he is in fact in control of his basketball destiny.
And here I just thought he was an Albert Lamorisse fan.