Justin Williams

Justin played an awesome game. He even made 2 free throws in a row. I sure hope he gets more playing time especially after the way he played tonight.

Questions from ME? Of course not! For the last 15 games or so, I've mostly been watching in the hope that he'd get some minutes. So, sick as most of this game was, it was still one of my favorite games of the year.

Nice job, Justin!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And props to Reggie for leaving him on the court at the end. That's one part of Reggie's style I really applaud. If you earn the time, you get the time.

I don't want to overly critique Justin Williams since he was a big-time force tonight on the boards when it was sorely needed. What I'm about say I've said before about him.

Besides being a hopeless (at this point - maybe forever) offensive liability he set EXTREMELY weak/lazy/sloppy (select your favorite) picks. He more often just gets in the way of his teammates while looking lost on the offensive end, allowing the defense to play virtual 5 on 4. He sometimes gets a nice weak side block or two plus occasional steal (5 tonight outstanding) on the defensive end to go with furious rebounding - but his offensive skills are non-existent. Great, he made two consecutive free throws in a game. He was clanking them at around 30%:eek: for the season, although I haven't checked his % lately. Once he at least gets to double that mark I'll praise what he does from the stripe.

JWill, there's some talent there, but he still has a VERY-VERY long way to go to get much beyond the deep shadow of the bench. Hopefully, we'll see more of him in the second half of the season to find out if he can stick in the NBA beyond the 11th or 12th man role he's been in for so long.

Last edited:
I have a question?

What else does he have to do to play more often ?
Be a part of a trade with Bibby or Ron and play on another team...because it doesnt look like Reggie wants much to do with him in his lineup, unfortunately.

edit: good game though, Justin:)

Last edited:
Well, he should stop doing all of this "rebounding" and "defense" crap first of all. That junk has no place in Kings basketball.
yeah, NO KIDDING!! What's he thinking, anyway!:D lol But really though, I wonder what the heck Justin did to Reggie to bury him on the end of the bench this whole season?? Did he pour sugar in his gas tank or something??

Justin's intelligence

I've seen some knocks on his level of intelligence. I do not know to what extent his intelligence is, so I'm wondering if anyone knows about his Wonderlic score, if he had taken that test.

I know that dudes in the NFL take the Wonderlic test...do guys in the NBA take that same test as well?

I know that dudes in the NFL take the Wonderlic test...do guys in the NBA take that same test as well?
If the NBA does any sort of intelligence testing, they're not talking about it. I think there's reason to believe they don't test for sanity, either.

The stuff about Justin's intelligence was, I think, mostly speculation about what could be causing Reggie to never give him any minutes. Other prominent theories were; maybe he wasn't trying hard in practice, or maybe he peed in Reggie's cornflakes. But I don't think we'll ever know what the real answer is.

Entity

Hall of Famer
4 pts 12 reb 5 stls and 1 block. not bad. but somebody said a career game. it wasn't he had some double doubles last season including a 16pt 11 reb 3blk game followed the very next game with a 15pt 10reb game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
:: shrugs ::

Eh, five steals is a career high for Williams. Therefore, it's a career game.
Yep. And personally, I was impressed with the way he played against Yao. It isn't just about the stats. It's about him coming into his own and making people sit up and take notice.

I was impressed with the way he played against Yao.
Me too. He wasn't exactly an offensive powerhouse, but while he was on the court in the second half, Yao was limited to 2 points in something like 12-14 minutes. And he outrebounded Yao during that time too. If he can keep that up, I don't really care whether he takes any shots at all.

And props to Reggie for leaving him on the court at the end. That's one part of Reggie's style I really applaud. If you earn the time, you get the time.
I totally agree that if you play hard you should get minutes. But does anyone agree with my thoughts that Justin should not have been on the floor the last 2.4 seconds. We needed players who could make free throws and hit the outside shot. With Justin on the floor, the Rockets could play off of him and cover Bibby (which they did) and hope the Kings throw the ball to Justin so they could foul.