Just looked at some stats...

Through 7 games (nothing that really matters, but I found this interesting)...

Mike Bibby and Peja Stojakovic are both averaging 4.1 rebounds per game.

Chris Webber is shooting 73% from the free throw line.

Brad Miller hasn't missed a three pointer yet this season; Bobby Jackson is shooting 5.6% from downtown.

Greg Ostertag sucks and hasn't done anything we expected him to do besides take fouls (I'm being unfair; new, complicated offense, injuries, frustration, are all playing a part). Just over 9 minutes a game.

Darius Songaila is shooting 55% from the field, and Bobby Jackson is shooting 37% from the field.

There are three Kings playing more minutes than Chris Webber (34.4): Peja Stojakovic, 38.3; Mike Bibby, 37.0; Brad Miller, 36.1.

Peja Stojakovic is leading the team in steals, with 1.57 per game. Doug Christie is a close second, with 1.5 per game.

Just some stuff I noticed...

Last edited:
These are the most surprising stats:

Peja Stojakovic is leading the team in steals, with 1.57 per game.

Bobby Jackson is shooting .56% from downtown.

VF21 said:
I think Webber's current stat line of 18/10/5 might also be worth mentioning.

;)
That is what I expected it to be in the early going, actually. His rebounding and points might go up a tick as he gets lathered up, but that's not surprising. His field goal percentage isn't, either.

I was just mentioning the things that really stuck out to me, and it started with Peja and Bibby's rebounding. That's astonishing to me.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think his line is worth mentioning simply because it is close to the OLD Webber and that is something some people were convinced would NEVER happen...

But maybe that would be gloating and that isn't nice.

;)

VF21 said:
I think his line is worth mentioning simply because it is close to the OLD Webber and that is something some people were convinced would NEVER happen...
You can produce numbers and still hurt the team. You can also help the team without producing statistics. E.g. DC defense you can't see from numbers.

I had two concerns with Webber:

1. He won't be able to guard fast PF anymore.
2. He will continue to force things and slow down Kings offense.

He adjusted his game and now I support him because of that. You also can see the same with other people who had issues with him. So it was never Webber hating, but hating his attitude. He changed his attitude and even Voisin (surprise, surprise) is happy.

He still can't guard one on one quick PFs, but I don't have problems with his physical limitations as long as he maximize his skills to the benefit of the team.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Peja actually averaged 1.3stls last year, so a jump up to 1.6 isn't impossible. He'll probably slip back a bit, but he still does a respectable job of playing the passing lanes anymore.

Superman said:
I was just mentioning the things that really stuck out to me, and it started with Peja and Bibby's rebounding. That's astonishing to me.
Well Bibby did average 3.4 boards a game last season. Though 4 is nice for him. Peja's rebounding #s are down a coupl e rpg, but I think they'll level out throughout the season.

I thought jackson's .56% from the 3pt line was a typo, but dang!

Bricklayer said:
Peja actually averaged 1.3stls last year, so a jump up to 1.6 isn't impossible. He'll probably slip back a bit, but he still does a respectable job of playing the passing lanes anymore.
I wasn't so much surprised that he's averaging 1.6 a game, but that he's leading the team. Worthy of mention.

Superman said:
Through 7 games (nothing that really matters, but I found this interesting)...

Mike Bibby and Peja Stojakovic are both averaging 4.1 rebounds per game.

Brad Miller hasn't missed a three pointer yet this season; Bobby Jackson is shooting .56% from downtown.

Greg Ostertag sucks and hasn't done anything we expected him to do besides take fouls (I'm being unfair; new, complicated offense, injuries, frustration, are all playing a part). Just over 9 minutes a game.

Darius Songaila is shooting 55% from the field, and Bobby Jackson is shooting 37% from the field.

There are three Kings playing more minutes than Chris Webber (34.4): Peja Stojakovic, 38.3; Mike Bibby, 37.0; Brad Miller, 36.1.

Peja Stojakovic is leading the team in steals, with 1.57 per game. Doug Christie is a close second, with 1.5 per game.

Just some stuff I noticed...
Now I know what players to choose for the prediction games.
:D

Greg Ostertag said:
I thought jackson's .56% from the 3pt line was a typo, but dang!
It is a typo. It's actually 5.6%, 1 of 18.

Also notable:

Chris Webber is the only NBA player this season with a triple double.

Webber haters delight: Webber is second in the NBA in Field Goal Attempts per 48 minutes, ahead of such fixtures as Antoine Walker, Carmelo, Kobe, and Iverson (Jermaine O'Neal is first).

Shawn Bradley has more steals per 48 minutes (3.10) than Doug Christie (3.06).

Brad Miller has a stellar Assist/Turnover ratio of 4.0, and a Steal/Turnover ratio of 1.4.

Rookie woes: Kevin Martin averages 12.68 Turnovers per 48 minutes, while Erik Daniels averages 16.

However, Daniels makes up for it on the glass, with 26.7 Rebounds per 48 minutes.

See, you can use statistics to prove anything. 14% of all people know that! ;)
~~

Alacron said:
It is a typo. It's actually 5.6%, 1 of 18.
Yeah, I converted NBA.com's .056, and forgot to move the decimal.

About Kevin Martin's per/48 numbers, that cracks me up, since he hasn't played 48 minutes all year long.