john salmons needs to go!

hes trash im sick and tired of waiting for him to get his game back i dont see why smarts not giving donte the start john s is trash and doesnt even seem like the guy hustles

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Silly gooses, John Salmons ain't going anywhere. John Salmons is eternal. John Salmons shall fight for the honor of your Kings forever!

And ever.

And ever.

Now that is funny! Thanks for that:) How many times did he do that last night in Chi-Town? Fifteen or twenty it seemed.........if he made just a few.......

KB
I think it's Smart putting him "in positions to be successful." Honestly though, thats all he does, all game and makes 3 or 4 a month.

Remember when he threw a B fit after he played good when Artest was injured and then was sent back to the bench after Ron returned. GP i still can't bealive you brought him back especially since he did not play well with the bucks. Salmons has shown he is unprofessional and unmotivated throughout his years as a King. Sometimes I wish the NBA could adopt the NFL's contract policies and just cut a guy.

No offense, but i dont see the point of this thread. Everyone who watches the kings knows salmons is the weakest link in the starting line up and anyone with knowledge of the league knows that there is no way we will be able to trade him. Everyone knows he needs to go, but the bottom line is that it aint happenin.

yea i dont get why he gets all those minutes id rather seriously see donte starting and trying john off the bench maybe salmons can play better against the other teams 2cnd team....i also would love to see the kings give honeycut a chance a lot of teams always give there rookies chances and they step it up and they always seem to step it up or hit a lot of shots when they play us i swear lol!!!

Maybe now is a really a good time to bench him. If we're showcasing him for a trade giving him minutes won't really help his value with all these crap he is showing. So better shelve him and let the league only see small samples of him. It sort of make him a novelty item which might increase his league value. LOL.

I wholeheartedly agree with the title of this thread. GTFO John!

Seriously though, how bad and for how long does a guy need to stink it up before he gets sent to the bench? I just don't get why he's still getting 25+ mpg and it's starting to pee me off.

Yeah, good luck getting rid of him. The only way that's likely to happen is to take back an even worse contract. Not only that but the coaches genuinely seem to think that he does "other things" that help the team. What those things are, I have no clue.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I wholeheartedly agree with the title of this thread. GTFO John!

Seriously though, how bad and for how long does a guy need to stink it up before he gets sent to the bench? I just don't get why he's still getting 25+ mpg and it's starting to pee me off.
Depends on the skill level of the players on the bench.

How about this trade...

Salmons, Garcia and Hickson to Atlanta

Marvin Williams and Kirk Hinrich to Sacramento

Marvin Williams has asked to be traded to play a higher role on another team, so we get him and Hinrichs expiring contract.
The Hawks get help at PF and can move Pachulia to the Center spot until Horford recovers and well of course Salmons takes Williams' place coming off the bench.

New Sac Line-up

Evans/Thomas/Hinrich
Thornton/Freddette/Hinrich
Williams/Greene/Outlaw
Thompson/Hayes/Greene
Cousins/Whiteside?/Hayes

Sports Illustrated's "Point Forward" lists the Salmons trade as the worst so far of the season (http://nba-point-forward.si.com/201...-more-midseason-evaluations/?sct=nba_bf2_a3):

1. Kings’ forward platter: Sacramento’s June trade for John Salmons remains borderline inexplicable, as Salmons is shooting 36 percent from the field and playing perhaps the worst defense of his career. In a three-team deal with the Bucks and Bobcats, the Kings took on $11 million in additional long-term money by swapping Beno Udrih and the No. 7 pick in the 2011 draft for Salmons and the No. 10 pick. The move just didn’t make any sense, even if the Kings already had plans at the time to ship incumbent small forward Omri Casspi to Cleveland for J.J. Hickson.

About that latter trade: Casspi has struggled with the Cavs, shooting just 29 percent from three-point range, but Hickson has been perhaps the league’s most disappointing player. He’s shooting just 37 percent, hasn’t developed any refined offensive moves and has essentially fallen out of coach Keith Smart’s rotation. The Kings also sent a first-round pick to Cleveland in that deal and are paying Outlaw $12 million over four years. Outlaw is shooting 29 percent and has made four three-pointers all season.

The Kings could have done exactly zero of these moves and just drafted Jimmer Fredette at No. 7.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Sports Illustrated's "Point Forward" lists the Salmons trade as the worst so far of the season (http://nba-point-forward.si.com/201...-more-midseason-evaluations/?sct=nba_bf2_a3):

1. Kings’ forward platter: Sacramento’s June trade for John Salmons remains borderline inexplicable, as Salmons is shooting 36 percent from the field and playing perhaps the worst defense of his career. In a three-team deal with the Bucks and Bobcats, the Kings took on $11 million in additional long-term money by swapping Beno Udrih and the No. 7 pick in the 2011 draft for Salmons and the No. 10 pick. The move just didn’t make any sense, even if the Kings already had plans at the time to ship incumbent small forward Omri Casspi to Cleveland for J.J. Hickson.

About that latter trade: Casspi has struggled with the Cavs, shooting just 29 percent from three-point range, but Hickson has been perhaps the league’s most disappointing player. He’s shooting just 37 percent, hasn’t developed any refined offensive moves and has essentially fallen out of coach Keith Smart’s rotation. The Kings also sent a first-round pick to Cleveland in that deal and are paying Outlaw $12 million over four years. Outlaw is shooting 29 percent and has made four three-pointers all season.

The Kings could have done exactly zero of these moves and just drafted Jimmer Fredette at No. 7.

sigh.

going into the summer I didn't care who we drafted and would have even supported trading the pick, just wanted us to keep Thronton and Daly and sign Kirilenko. Trading Beno wasn't on the menu either. That was Jimmer related. Bothers how much stronger we would be with my do almost nothing summer than our screw up summer.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Yes. Wonderful hindsight. If a GM knew which moves were going to work out he probably wouldn't make them.
I don't put too much stock in what some journalists say, but, that Salmons trade was ripped from coast to coast that same day, on just about every major sports site. Everyone aside from our FO new it wouldn't work out well.

Maybe no one knew how bad Hickson would be, even still a Hickson for Omri swap is basically a wash. However, many immediately questioned why we included a 1st rounder.

Your point doesn't really make sense. of course hindsight is 20/20, but when you do your homework you can severely cut down on risk. That doesn't only apply to sports either, obviously.

If I compare it to a real estate agent just as an example, and if that real estate agent makes a few pee poor investments which go belly up, sure you can sit there and say "well no real estate agent knows how the investment will work out beforehand". While that might be true, it has no basis in the reality of the way the world works. There would have smarter real estate agents from day one saying there's no way I make that investment, they saw it as a poor investment from the beginning, and because they did their homework they greatly cut down in the risk.

I don't see why fans continue to act like the NBA isn't a business, and accountability shouldn't be expected as it would in just about every other business environment in the world. Just because you're a fan of a team doesn't mean you can't also be honest with yourself when the team screws up. I'd actually say it's more a Sacramento thing than anything else though, as sports fans on the east coast and in Europe actually expect more from their front offices.

Last edited:

And the trifecta is that the move down to draft Jimmer later means the Kings passed on two guys (Knight, Leonard) who have earned starting jobs in the NBA.