Joerger Status. (He’s Fired)

At the All-Star break we were 30-27 (.526). After the All-Star break we were 9-16 (.360), which is BAD, but we would have had to go 18-7 (.720) to make the playoffs. I don't think Shumpert could possibly have been worth 9 wins in 25 games.
Thank you for that! I liked Shump and thought he brought good chemistry to the team. But Shump wasn't our savior. There is no one thing, and there rarely is. It's a combination of factors, some that we see and some that we don't.

Lmao. So he doesn't get any credit for player improvement, but he gets nailed for the "busts"?

How about Nemanja Bjelica and Harrison Barnes? How about Corey Brewer and Iman Shumpert?
Brewer was balling on a 10day contract with philly prior to here. Shump git himself ready in offseason then steadily declined through the year

I think this headline I read incapsulates best today’s news:

Sacramento Kings fire coach and clean house after their best season in over a decade.

Hard to trust anything this organization does given the journey’s evidence. I’ll always be a fan but sometimes this team can not get out of its own way. Another step backwards today.

dude12

Hall of Famer
This is just a really bad move in my opinion. Vlade has done some really good things here in the last few years but this move, I’ve got doubts. He has to deliver in this hiring and he may but quite frankly, Joerger and his staff deserved to see this through.

The Kings snuck up on people for awhile. Now they have no secrets. That is the only difference between the two halves of the season.
Last night against the Trailblazers they rested most of their starters. We did the same in the second half.
When you have guys that play hard in practice, you want to give them a chance to play. I played against the biggest guy our team every day. When I got to play two quarters in a game it was a big deal.

I think this headline I read incapsulates best today’s news:

Sacramento Kings fire coach and clean house after their best season in over a decade.

Hard to trust anything this organization does given the journey’s evidence. I’ll always be a fan but sometimes this team can not get out of its own way. Another step backwards today.
Its easy to get caught up but we also need to note that this is not a knee jerk reaction.

Something has been brewing no doubt and there have been issues which have spilled over into our results. We are a better team then our record post all star break suggests and whilst brushed aside mid season, the political stances of Joerger and Williams played a factor in both of them being let go.

Our next hire is obviously huge.

It will be interesting to see how we are perceived by the rest of the L and sports media during the off-season: are we back to being seen as the Sacramento dumpster fires or will firing Joerger be viewed as a mature move that is emblematic of a team that is pursuing a playoff appearance.

So how many wins next year will be needed to know if this was the right move?
Playoffs. You don't make this move if you don't imagine that it will take the team to the "next level" as Vlade said. Anything short of playoffs, I think this is a move that sets the franchise back another couple of years.

I’m not sure how I feel about Dave being gone. I wanted him here, but definitely think there could be better fits out there. Something definitely seemed off post ASB. Let’s get the position filled and head into free agency this summer with a solid core.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I think that it hinges on whether or not their is a playoff appearance next year. Number of wins will only matter so far as whether or not it's enough wins to make the playoffs.
Idk if we’re a playoff team. The second half of this season put a pretty huge damper on my once sky high expectations.

well I did not expect this, but Vlade does no better than and has more insight than regular fans.. I am sure something was happening in the back which caused this to be sooner than latter.. in my opinion Dave could not carry this to the top, as he had some limitations as coach, but still I think he could get year or two more, but something escalated, something that we do not know.. this is my opinion..

as for a coach, I am 100% sure that if Zeljko Obradovic had any whish to come to NBA, he would be next Kings coach, no doubt.. but since he is not, logical choice are Messina or Walton.. first one is what Vlade is looking to make in Sacramento, to add that european basketball touch and combine it with NBA.. Messina is perfect candidate for that, he plays team basketball, with focus on defence, after a strong Euro career, he was with Pop making himself prepared for being HC..

on the other side, Walton is young, but I see a lot of potential in a place like Sacramento.. working with young kids, without spotlite and primadona LeBron..

any of these two in my opinion are better candidates for Kings HC than Dave..

also I have faith in Vlade.. since 76ers trade every move he made, he was not questiond, but attacked and called an idiot.. and from Cousins trade, which gave Kings finally chance to create serious team, he nailed every move, this is why I am although surprised, expecting this to be good move too..

Hi guys, i just registered here to say a few words. I am life long Partizan Serbia fan, my wall is full of Bogdan Bogdanovic jerseys and i love him, but i have become Denver Nuggets fan 4 years ago and haven't missed a game since. When Sac and Nugg games are not in the same day i watch Sac games and i am so happy in the way this team is developing. You have a bright future with the young talent and my predictions are that Kings and Nuggets are going to be main rivals for WC throne for years to come.

Nevertheless, to my point...i just wanted to say that i think Vlade Divac did the right move here and that those boys/kids needs to become a grown up mens. Kings need a coach with authority and big respect in locker room. I bet that Vlade will hire Ettore Messina and that he is the best coach going forward for this organisation. On one end i would be happy if that is going to be a scenario for you guys, on another i wanted Ettore in Denver. Majority on Nuggets proboards like what coach Malone did with our team and how he developed young guys, but development coach is one thing and the right coach for the future contender team is not the same.

I wish you guys all the best in the future and i wish to watch Kings vs Nuggets in Western Conference Finals for years to come.

Idk if we’re a playoff team. The second half of this season put a pretty huge damper on my once sky high expectations.
Well, we definitely aren't a playoff team right now. But next season isnt right now. I have little doubt that Vlade will expect the playoffs next year, as he should. I can also see Joerger's firing as an attempt to build for next year's playoff chase immediately. If you're going to fire Joerger and the playoffs are your goal, you probably need to fire him sooner than later. It makes sense to me when I think of it from the perspective of someone who expects the playoffs next year.

Jason Jones just tweeted.... "Outside of player/management relationships there were on-court concerns, too. Bagley and Giles minutes were one thing. So was starting Harrison Barnes at PF for a stretch, even though Joerger had noted the lack of a true SF on the roster."

THIS!!!
DJ basically throws away Bogi's season by playing him out of position all year at the 3, we get a 3... and play him at the 4? ugh.