Joerger Status. (He’s Fired)

I really liked the job Walton was doing last season with his young team. I actually thought the lakers were progressing quicker than the kings before their FO decided to go all in with Lebron.
I agree you can't go off this year for an evaluation of Walton. I didn't watch enough Lakers (blah) the prior couple years to have a strong position on him as an in-game coach, but generally I also felt their young players showed more progress than our leading into this season. I think with Walton, you hope that you get a little bit of Jackson/Kerr magic from his former playing and assistant coaching experience, and then that he's learned from some potential rookie head coaching mistakes from his Lakers experience.

How hilarious would it be for Dave and Walton to switch jobs and the Lakers make the playoffs over the Kings in 2020.
I think Dave will get another head coaching position off of the amount of praise he received this year, but I feel like his personality issues are going to scare off a lot of teams. He's clashed with the front office in both of his stops. It's still not all that clear what players think. I seem to remember Mike Conley not necessarily criticizing Joeger as a coach, but I remember some stories where it wasn't as though he was crushed when he left Memphis. I'd be curious to know what a guy like Zach Randolph really feels about him.

Predictably, the Nat’l media sharks are out in full force stating that these firings reek of organizational dysfunction. Of course what they don’t want to realize is these moves are to ‘clean up’ the dysfunction.

I have no doubt that the firing of Williams and Joerger is Vlade’s way of showing that discord, in fighting, leaks and power struggles simply won’t be tolerated. At all. If an employee of his displays this type of behavior, they’ll be gone.

As good a coach as DJ might be or as good a job as he might have done, he wasn’t exempt. There were numerous things that happened behind the scenes, some of which we know about and some we don’t.

I still contend that his on court admonishment of Buddy Hield and the look of it around the league was yet another factor.

So when will Divac hold himself accountable? He said if the team didn't make the playoffs by this season that he would resign. Good way to shift the blame, Vlade.

At this point, the Kings don't have any great player, just a bunch of decent young role player really. A couple of them may develop to be good players down the line but it takes time.

So when will Divac hold himself accountable? He said if the team didn't make the playoffs by this season that he would resign. Good way to shift the blame, Vlade.

At this point, the Kings don't have any great player, just a bunch of decent young role player really. A couple of them may develop to be good players down the line but it takes time.
That is not the language used, he said if the team isn't significantly better. Well we just had our best season in well over a decade and appear to have one of the most exciting young rosters in the league. I'm not thrilled about dismissing the coach right now but arguably there's no better time to attract a new one.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
“Key issues you didn’t see eye to eye on.”

::: non-answer? Mostly on the same page. ::: “To go to the next level we need a new direction.”

a 12-win uptick is huge progress.. especially in today's western conference...

SLAB

Hall of Famer
“Why isn’t Dave the coach to get you to the next level?”

“ Dave did a great job .... we could have done more, especially after the All-Star.”

That is not the language used, he said if the team isn't significantly better. Well we just had our best season in well over a decade and appear to have one of the most exciting young rosters in the league. I'm not thrilled about dismissing the coach right now but arguably there's no better time to attract a new one.

Ok, thats basically what the national media is saying and I agree. So does it make sense for Vlade to fire someone that just coached the team into such an improvement? I'm not going at you, just an open question.

This team is not going to attract any big name coaches. It's always going to be some young up and comer or a guy that just loss their job and doesn't have any better opportunities. I don't know if there are any better coaches out there that would take this job.

Most outsiders watching were shocked at the Kings' improvement this year and actually being in the hunt for a playoff spot. The team improved a lot from last year. what is Vlade looking for? Maybe the Kings would be "better off" with a better GM also.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Grant’s scathing takes aren’t nearly as scathing as expected.

Basically he loves and respects Joerger and thinks he’ll get another job in the future. Thinks last night had nothing to do with what happened today.