Joerger Status. (He’s Fired)

The only reason Joerger was available was that he was such a pain in the ass to work with that the Grizzlies literally didn't want him anymore. It would appear the same thing has happened here with the Kings.
If it's really that bad, I throw my hands up. It doesn't feel like we are Mark Jackson level. And I don't know who's available that can take us to the next level. I am on record as liking Walton but not for the Kings, and I think I'd be disappointed if we go that direction. So then who?

eta...okay then.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If it's really that bad, I throw my hands up. It doesn't feel like we are Mark Jackson level. And I don't know who's available that can take us to the next level. I am on record as liking Walton but not for the Kings, and I think I'd be disappointed if we go that direction. So then who?

eta...okay then.
Not saying I agree with it but if one of your employees is apparently being such a turd that no one wants to work with him anymore you kinda have to get rid of him

Does this make anyone feel better about the firing?
The Kings have regressed since the ASB.

Did the players quit on Joeger? I think the Kings players may have been more upset with the Joeger chewing out of Buddy on the court, more than they let out to the media.

Also, I think that Joeger's refusal to insert Bagley into the starting lineup, even with the Kings out of the playoff contention, clearly rubbed the FO the wrong way.

Bagley's chemistry development with the starting crew was essential for the Kings moving forward and Joeger didn't see it that way.

Not saying I agree with it but if one of your employees is apparently being such a turd that no one wants to work with him anymore you kinda have to get rid of him
If I had dropped a grand last night for tickets I wouldn't even be having second thoughts right now.

I'm just going to hope and pray this is the right move. It has worked out for the Warriors and Raptors in recent times. If we take a step back next year though, Vlade's extension was premature.

The Kings have regressed since the ASB.

Did the players quit on Joeger? I think the Kings players may have been more upset with the Joeger chewing out of Buddy on the court, more than they let out to the media.

Also, I think that Joeger's refusal to insert Bagley into the starting lineup, even with the Kings out of the playoff contention rubbed the FO the wrong way.

Bagley's chemistry development with the starting crew was essential for the Kings moving forward and Joeger didn't see it that way.
There were quite a few people upset that night he got on Buddy on the forums.

Something seemed different ever since.

Maybe when people seem concerned about something like that, it isn't an overreaction?

Like logical?

I think Dave was the right guy when the Kings hired him. He has good history of developing young players and had a vision for the team, but I can't say firing him NOW is a bad idea. The crux of the issue will be WHO does Vlade replace him with. It does seem to be the case that Dave's best coaching efforts got team exactly where it is at right now, for both better and worse. I can't blame Vlade for being concerned that Dave'ss best cannot get the team any further, and if so it is time for a change. Sadly I don't really see a guy out there that I see as a clear logical replacement, but much like the Warriors went outside the box and brought in Steve Kerr, there may be a person out there that is NOT obvoius but may be the right person for this team. I have seen Ettore Messina's name pop up but I would also point out that Becky Hammond from the Spurs org is an interesting thought as well and more likely available.

I've repeated this crap the last 2 months but everyone chose to ignore it. The players quit on this team after the ASB. That trade affected them in more ways than anyone could've seen...but I don't see how that's on Joerger. I don't care how much NBA experience they have, that's just how the game is. You need to mature and get your crap together. You need to play 100% every night. You shouldn't need your coach to be your ****ing babysitter.

However, at the end of the day, if it's coach vs players, you have to take the players. So I do see it, but this group of players have completely pissed me off and I won't be sad to see some of them being traded or not brought back. You know what? I'll go ahead and name the names. WCS plays like crap every 4games with questionable effort in the other games. Bogdan played completely horrible outside of a few games late in the season with dumbass IQ. I'm sorry, but I have to call out Fox too. His energy level was nowhere near the same. He ****ing coasted for most of the team's 1st halves. At the same time, Buddy stopped trying on defense..giving up big points to his opponents every single night.

I'm still not happy about this firing at all. He led us to 39 wins when everyone expected us to be the worst team in the NBA. That crap doesn't happen out of nowhere. Best record in a DECADE!!! Then to hear the front runner is Luke ****ing Walton??

Looks like yet again we a are a dysfunctional franchise. :(
This is a sad day. We had a season way better than expected and now we are going backwards instead.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I would like to say that the fact that we're being linked to candidates like Walton and Messina represents major growth from the franchise. Furthermore, that Messina reportedly would want the job is a big deal. Firing Joerger seems wild up front, I think it could end up being a great thing. Stay tuned.
It does beat being in the Vinny Del Negro sweepstakes.

Napear said a few days ago that he was going to be brutally honest on his show today. Think he knew what was coming?
People should have known what was coming at that point. The writing was on the wall, and some people said so.

The funny thing now is that the people who were in Joerger's corner all year (I wasn't one of them) are going to start spinning how Joerger wasn't right for this team and yadda, yadda, yadda.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
How much blame should we give Vlade for trading away a playoff birth?
Is it Vlade's fault that Joerger drank too much rum during the all-star break and stubbornly played a WCS/Barnes/Bogi (at peak suckiness)/Buddy/De'Aaron starting lineup that left us horribly mismatched to start games for way longer than any sane person would have?

Is it Vlade's fault that Joerger drank too much rum during the all-star break and stubbornly played a WCS/Barnes/Bogi (at peak suckiness)/Buddy/De'Aaron starting lineup that left us horribly mismatched to start games for way longer than any sane person would have?
You might have missed but I've been bashing Barnes at the 4 and not playing Neminja since it happened. But there's no denying that the trade shook some players.

Because we've seen what happens when we have a new coach every other year?
If trading away Iman ****ing Shumpert caused them to lose a playoff berth...
Just imagine if we don’t blow two 28 point leads, and beat the G-League Pels even once.

42 wins. Does Joerger keep his job?
That wouldn't change the fact that Joerger's an ***hole that causes drama everywhere he goes.

So, no.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
You might have missed but I've been bashing Barnes at the 4 and not playing Neminja since it happened. But there's no denying that the trade shook some players.
Not more than randomly removing Bjeli from the rotation entirely for a half a dozen games and then having to go back to him once all the momentum of the team was gone and teams realized Joerger wasn't going to scheme for a zone anytime soon.