JJackson, Zbo to Dallas for Harrison Barnes

This is a fair point.

I have to say, I can see Vučević becoming Kings main target in free agency. He fits pretty well especially if Bagley keeps improving as a shot blocker back there and as expected he becomes a starter next season. Vučević is a skilled big who can stretch the floor, rebounds well and can pass the ball. I can definitely see us making that move in summer.
I think he will get a lot of interest. Kings and Mavs, but there's a lot of silly money lined up to be thrown around this year. Teams have "learned" from 3 years ago, but I bet more than a few will unlearn. We've at least shown an inclination to keep contracts short enough for B or lower level guys. Other teams haven't been so smart.

I judged this trade bad as soon as I read it, but probably I was wrong.
I have doubts on Barnes' shot selection and his will to play iso, anyway I wanna see him in a new system.
We're all innocent until proven guilty, so let's enjoy a proper SF for the first time in a decade.
I'll definitely keep an eye on him.

I judged this trade bad as soon as I read it, but probably I was wrong.
I have doubts on Barnes' shot selection and his will to play iso, anyway I wanna see him in a new system.
We're all innocent until proven guilty, so let's enjoy a proper SF for the first time in a decade.
I'll definitely keep an eye on him.
His future I think is at PF. Besides we need to keep that SF spot open for KD.

I couldnt help but think of this picture when I heard just how poorly they treated him in his final moments there..
Get over it! People in the real world get walked out of their offices when they get a pink slip...and those people then can't even pay their basic bills. This is a business. He's a big boy. I'm not sure why it's so extra traumatizing to find out you've been traded while in the middle of the game. Who cares??

Last edited:
Get over it! People in the real world get walked out of their offices when they get a pink slip...and those people then can't even pay their basic bills. This is a business. He's a big boy. I'm not sure why it's so traumatizing to find out you've been traded while in the middle of the game. Who cares??
I'm sure Barnes was far from traumatized, i'd bet he's pretty excited to be on a team that wants him.... dont agree with your take at all tho, just because so many have cheap as dirt standards doesnt mean that i've gotta accept that as the status quo..

Look no further than how the Knicks handled the Porzingis situation ---- with way more class..... and Porz was much more of a malcontent than Barnes ever was, not even close.

I'm sure Barnes was far from traumatized, i'd bet he's pretty excited to be on a team that wants him.... dont agree with your take at all tho, just because so many have cheap as dirt standards doesnt mean that i've gotta accept that as the status quo..

Look no further than how the Knicks handled the Porzingis situation ---- with way more class..... and Porz was much more of a malcontent than Barnes ever was, not even close.

But think about it. Were they supposed to let him finish the game when the trade was agree to? No. In fact, I'm sure they wouldn't even be allowed to do that. They aren't going to put a trade on hold so that they can let him know before or after the game. It's a huge deal to a franchise when a trade is agreed upon and they aren't going to take a chance that something could fall apart by delaying it.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
But think about it. Were they supposed to let him finish the game when the trade was agree to? No. In fact, I'm sure they wouldn't even be allowed to do that. They aren't going to put a trade on hold so that they can let him know before or after the game. It's a huge deal to a franchise when a trade is agreed upon and they aren't going to take a chance that something could fall apart by delaying it.
Agreed. And in this age of social media they aren't going to try to keeps the deal secret until "the right time" because they absolutely know within minutes of the trade it will be blabbed to the world.

It's already been reported that Barnes new of the potential for a trade to go down and he chose to still play the game. I understand he also chose to sit on the bench even after the trade was finalized and he was informed. I really don't think the Mavs did anything wrong there.

LeBron needs to STFU. No it is not the best way to be traded but you get paid 25M to play a game you love, these are the somewhat unfortunate tradeoffs 99.99% of us would be willing to make. It is a false narrative too that fans side with the team over the player when the player wants to leave. I don't see Anthony Davis being excoriated for his desire to leave the Pelicans, it is the manipulation of the agent to try to force a trade to unite with another one of his clients that rubs people the wrong way. Durant was rightfully criticized not for wanting to no longer play with ball dominant guy like Westbrook but for taking the easy path and joining up with the enemy. James was not even criticized when he joined LA, if he was it was a very miniscule percentage of fans. Most recognized the chaos with CLE and the bad management.
LaBron needs to do his homework before spouting off. Barnes was told prior to the game that theywere working on a trade and he told them he wanted to play.

This trade seems decent on paper for us. Obviously Barnes is not an all star, but he’s a good enough player to help this team win games. He’s still young and on a similar timeline to our core, so if we do decide to keep him around they can all grow and develop together. It’s a nice deal for us and gives us another scoring option and piece to build around, if of course he buys into what we are doing here.

Traeding a player while they are on the floor is not right. Not only that, it ain't right. Treating people like cattle is not acceptable.
But I have always really liked Harrison Barnes.
I couldnt help but think of this picture when I heard just how poorly they treated him in his final moments there..
He’s being paid $24 million before tax, minus any sponsorship deals, to play basketball. Next season he’s got a player option for $25 million before tax, minus any sponsorship deals, to play basketball. Now I agree with the notion he should be treated with respect and like a human being, but at the same time he’s paid a lot of money to play basketball and knows full well that at any point while the trade window is open he could be on the move to another team, and that there is also the possibility that the team changes his role or how they manage him if they have decided to move on from them.

The next time the kings get a top tier free agent will be the first. It’s just not going to happen and you can’t count on it.
Maybe you heard of some dude named Vlade Divac, who signed with the KINGS one time? At the time, Vlade was a top center.

Also, I vividly remember another dude named Chris Webber who every one and their mother outside Sacramento was absolutely convinced wouldn't re-sign with the KINGS and was going to NY or DET or LA. Guess what happened?

And as I clearly stated before, the KINGS didn't have a state-of-the-art arena and practice/training facility in the heart of a budding downtown back then. A lot has changed the past 20 years and with the team on the upswing and winning with an attractive culture, your speculation that 'it's not going to happen' is just that -- speculation. You really have no idea what's possible. You're just choosing to accept the status quo, despite realizing that things have changed and are continuing to change. That's good for you. But it's not guaranteed to be reality,

And talk to any player agent for top tier free agent, first thing they'll say to their NBA client must consider California state income tax. A staggering 13.30 % millionaires top rate. With other destinations/states as low as ZERO or much lower rate for sure than California.

Maybe you heard of some dude named Vlade Divac, who signed with the KINGS one time? At the time, Vlade was a top center.

Also, I vividly remember another dude named Chris Webber who every one and their mother outside Sacramento was absolutely convinced wouldn't re-sign with the KINGS and was going to NY or DET or LA. Guess what happened?

And as I clearly stated before, the KINGS didn't have a state-of-the-art arena and practice/training facility in the heart of a budding downtown back then. A lot has changed the past 20 years and with the team on the upswing and winning with an attractive culture, your speculation that 'it's not going to happen' is just that -- speculation. You really have no idea what's possible. You're just choosing to accept the status quo, despite realizing that things have changed and are continuing to change. That's good for you. But it's not guaranteed to be reality,
I'm sure the chance to play with Peja had a lot to do with Vlade deciding to come here. Webber had just been in trouble because of pot and his choices were between coming to Sacramento and not getting paid. If you want to claim that Sacramento is just as appealing a destination as any other place you'll need better examples than that.

No disrespect to Vlade, but was he a top center when he joined the Kings? He was turning 30 and had averaged 10, 8,and 3 with the Hornets. It felt like a big get for the Kings since they struggle getting quality free agents, but I don't think most people thought Vlade was in his prime.

Vlade is the best free agent ever signed in the history of our franchise (in Sac). He was an excellent player and one of my all time favorites. But he was a tier b free agent.

I never said anything about not being able to retain talent once they come to love Sacramento.... which we saw with Webber.

Of course I am speculating, but it is based on 33 years of observation. The next superstar free agent we sign will be the first. The point is that a smart GM in Sac does not use his cap space with the dreams of finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The smart Sac GM monetizes his cap space in a different, more creative way, and then uses money to keep the great ones in town once they realize they could never find a better place to play. That’s what our Sac GM just did yesterday by trading for a solid player that fits very well into the current roster, and he has stated they would like for Barnes to be here long term. My comment was meant as a compliment. ;)

If you want to be offended by the reality of playing in a small market, have at it. I will gladly give you kudos if you are proven right in the off-season.