Jermaine O'Neal coming to West? B. Miller, Camby involved?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_20415.shtml
yea i know everyone dont trust hoopsworld but im sure you will still read it.

Informed sources near the Pacers situation suggest that Jermaine O’Neal may be a lot closer to being dealt than even he will admit. A few weeks ago he announced to the press that if he could not get the Pacers turned around and winning, maybe it was time for him to go. That seems very likely to happen this summer, although a handful of GM’s and scouts say it could happen before the trade deadline. One informed source hinted that Marcus Camby or even Brad Miller could be parts of a J-O package deal, as the Pacers have at times expressed interest in both players – Camby likely as bait for a third team, and Brad Miller as a solid dependable foundation piece. With marquee talents like Vince Carter, Jason Kidd and even Pau Gasol possibly available now, don’t be surprised to see Jermaine’s name surface as the deadline approaches. If the Pacers could return Brad Miller and Vince Carter for Jermaine, or Brad Miller and Kevin Martin for a Jermaine package – that might be just enough to jump start Indiana, or at least give Pacers fans players they can cheer for.
if im reading the bold part correctly. Camby to Sac, JO to Denver, Miller to Indy

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I doubt Martin is going anywhere unless it's for a true "superstar" player.

And I doubt any of those will be coming to the Kings in a trade....

well whether we get o'neal or not we should get involved if they really want miller. maybe we'll dump miller's contract and get a draft pick or something.

Global warming....maybe a good team right now isn't the worst thing in the world. Camby or O'Neal would be fun - mostly because they are different.

I just heard on LA Talk radio that Kidd was rumored going to Clips/Kings or Lakers. Since I'm sure the Lakers won't give up Odom it seems like Magette or Bibby. Regardless of the fact that Bibby has lit up Kidd before, I think a distributor like Kidd would fit a lot better with the present team than Bibby. Not sure I'd be a fan of the new style, but the team would be improved.

Get someone. We need a reason to keep watching.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
It wouldn't. And we can't take Jermaine anyway because of Ron. That's not the deal, and I'm sure the Kevin mention was sheerest speculation. This is hoopsworld mind you -- depending on them for news is nutty.

Its likely just all specualtion, but there is the hint there that the Pacvers mightbe trying multi-team deals, in which case we could get involved sending Brad to them while a third team (in the hoopsworld scneario New Jersey) also sent a piece and got back Jermaine in return, and everybody sent candy oour way for our kind contributions.

Wonder when that thing was written? certianly after today's trade pairing O'Neal with a Miller like figure in Murphy it would seem odd to trade Jermaine away for a second one to create the all-sftie cannot jump Miller/Murphy frontline?? Why?

Sac/NJ/Lakers would be really interesting. Something like this?

Lakers outgoing:
Aaron McKie
Lamar Odom

Lakers incoming:
Jason Kidd

New Jersey outgoing:
Jason Kidd

New Jersey incoming:
Mike Bibby
Kenny Thomas

Sacramento outgoing
Mike Bibby
Kenny Thomas

Sacramento incoming
Lamar Odom
Aaron McKie

It wouldn't. And we can't take Jermaine anyway because of Ron. That's not the deal, and I'm sure the Kevin mention was sheerest speculation. This is hoopsworld mind you -- depending on them for news is nutty.

Its likely just all specualtion, but there is the hint there that the Pacvers mightbe trying multi-team deals, in which case we could get involved sending Brad to them while a third team (in the hoopsworld scneario New Jersey) also sent a piece and got back Jermaine in return, and everybody sent candy oour way for our kind contributions.

Wonder when that thing was written? certianly after today's trade pairing O'Neal with a Miller like figure in Murphy it would seem odd to trade Jermaine away for a second one to create the all-sftie cannot jump Miller/Murphy frontline?? Why?
Yeah, that article came out yesterday.

Lakers outgoing:
Aaron McKie
Lamar Odom

Lakers incoming:
Jason Kidd

New Jersey outgoing:
Jason Kidd

New Jersey incoming:
Mike Bibby
Kenny Thomas

Sacramento outgoing
Mike Bibby
Kenny Thomas

Sacramento incoming
Lamar Odom
Aaron McKie

That's a nice idea, but I think both Sacto and NJ would be better off cutting LA out of the deal witht he kings getting Kidd and NJ getting Mike/Kenny...then thinking along the lines of the Den/Indy/Sacto deal mentioned above, the Kings could deal Brad and get Camby.

Final roster would look like:

C: Camby, Williams, Potapenko
PF: SAR, Taylor, Corliss
SF: Ron, Garcia
SG: Martin, Salmons, Douby
PG: Kidd, Price, Hart(maybe he gets moved too.)

That's a nice balanced roster that could run and play some scary good defense. That allows us to continue to rebuild for two more years and compete, and then in 2-3 years the bulk of our salary is gone with the exception of Martin/Artest due for extensions.

That's a nice idea, but I think both Sacto and NJ would be better off cutting LA out of the deal witht he kings getting Kidd and NJ getting Mike/Kenny...then thinking along the lines of the Den/Indy/Sacto deal mentioned above, the Kings could deal Brad and get Camby.

Final roster would look like:

C: Camby, Williams, Potapenko
PF: SAR, Taylor, Corliss
SF: Ron, Garcia
SG: Martin, Salmons, Douby
PG: Kidd, Price, Hart(maybe he gets moved too.)

That's a nice balanced roster that could run and play some scary good defense. That allows us to continue to rebuild for two more years and compete, and then in 2-3 years the bulk of our salary is gone with the exception of Martin/Artest due for extensions.
That Denver/Indy/Sac deal didn't make any sense in the first place and it makes even less sense now that Indy just traded for Brad lite.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Global warming....maybe a good team right now isn't the worst thing in the world. Camby or O'Neal would be fun - mostly because they are different.

I just heard on LA Talk radio that Kidd was rumored going to Clips/Kings or Lakers. Since I'm sure the Lakers won't give up Odom it seems like Magette or Bibby. Regardless of the fact that Bibby has lit up Kidd before, I think a distributor like Kidd would fit a lot better with the present team than Bibby. Not sure I'd be a fan of the new style, but the team would be improved.

Get someone. We need a reason to keep watching.

No we don't. Jason Kidd is going to be 34 in a couple of months and will be getting paid $20mil a year over the next 2 years. If you pick him up, you better have plans oin winnign a title like today, or its just to worth it. We're not there.

I think all this Jason Kidd to Sacramento talk is coming from a purely random wild-*** speculation bit buried in a FoxSports article:

Which teams need Kidd most?

As Newsday suggests, just take a look at the teams that were fawning over Allen Iverson before the Sixers shipped him to Denver.

The Miami Heat, Indiana Pacers and Boston Celtics all need point guards. What's more Kidd's presence would lift either the Clippers or Kings from "doormat" level.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6378420

Which actually, is just a rehash of this Sam Smith-esque idle speculation column from Newsday:

For a clue as to which teams would be hottest for Kidd, just look at who was fawning over Allen Iverson a few weeks ago. The Pacers, Celtics and Heat need a point guard. Kidd would lift the Clippers or Kings off the doormat or make the Lakers challengers in the West.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/colum...17,0,4101305.column?coll=ny-sports-columnists

Last edited:
No we don't. Jason Kidd is going to be 34 in a couple of months and will be getting paid $20mil a year over the next 2 years. If you pick him up, you better have plans oin winnign a title like today, or its just to worth it. We're not there.
kidd isn't the type of PG you want with that line up. SAR w/ jkidd? kidd needs to be surrounded by athletes so they can run bc he isn't that great at half court offense.

We don't need Kidd right now, but Camby would be very nice. As was already stated, however, I'm not sure why the Pacers would want to pair Brad Miller and Troy Murphy.

Actually, if we got Camby and Kidd both (impossible) we'd have a team that could go somewhere.

I am a fan of getting rid of Bibby and Miller before time exposes how overrated Adelman made them.

Lakers outgoing:
Aaron McKie
Lamar Odom

Lakers incoming:
Jason Kidd

New Jersey outgoing:
Jason Kidd

New Jersey incoming:
Mike Bibby
Kenny Thomas

Sacramento outgoing
Mike Bibby
Kenny Thomas

Sacramento incoming
Lamar Odom
Aaron McKie
the lakers aren't going to trade odom (a good still young second option who faciliatates their offense) for an aging kidd who is under a horrific contract. odom better fits their offense as a facilitator than kidd would. this deal makes no sense for them, would never happen.

the lakers aren't going to trade odom (a good still young second option who faciliatates their offense) for an aging kidd who is under a horrific contract. odom better fits their offense as a facilitator than kidd would. this deal makes no sense for them, would never happen.

Okay, that comment just makes NO sense whatsoever, Kidd will arguably go down as one of the greatest FACILITATORS the NBA has ever seen and he's still very good at it.

I'm not saying the Lakers would do the deal, but com'n, realize what you're saying here.

Okay, that comment just makes NO sense whatsoever, Kidd will arguably go down as one of the greatest FACILITATORS the NBA has ever seen and he's still very good at it.

I'm not saying the Lakers would do the deal, but com'n, realize what you're saying here.
hence why i said "THEIR OFFENSE", the triangle is a half court offense that kidd has problems fitting into. kidd is better under the high tempo offense where he can push the ball down the court all day. odom has proven he can facilitate in the triangle and he's tall like phil jackson likes from his facilitator. also he has provided a good second scoring option for them this year. then you take the contracts and age of the players into account and it makes absolutely no sense for the lakers.

hence why i said "THEIR OFFENSE", the triangle is a half court offense that kidd has problems fitting into. kidd is better under the high tempo offense where he can push the ball down the court all day. odom has proven he can facilitate in the triangle and he's tall like phil jackson likes from his facilitator. also he has provided a good second scoring option for them this year. then you take the contracts and age of the players into account and it makes absolutely no sense for the lakers.

Even in the triangle, I'd rather have Kidd than Odom....Kidd is just the far superior player and still the better passer in the half court set.