Jeremy Lin

He looks like exactly the kind of "pure PG" and playmaker many have been saying the Kings lack. He's a FA this summer. Obviously New York would like to keep him but they have 53$ million tied up in Chandler, Anthony, and Stoudamire so they don't really have any cap space to work with. Does anyone know if they have his Bird rights?

Last edited:
He looks like exactly the kind of "pure PG" and playmaker many have been saying the Kings lack. He's a FA this summer. Obviously New York would like to keep him but they have 53$ million tied up in Chandler, Anthony, and Stoudamire so they don't really have any cap space to work with. Does anyone know if they have his Bird rights?
hes not on a rookie contract.. hes signed on as a free agent. i don't think they have his bird rights. I'm pretty sure they will keep him. He's a cash cow in merchandise sales right now.

hes not on a rookie contract.. hes signed on as a free agent. i don't think they have his bird rights. I'm pretty sure they will keep him. He's a cash cow in merchandise sales right now.
Yeah I'm sure they'll do everything they can to keep him but with them having 3 nearly unmovable contracts taking up most of their cap space and the much stricter cap coming into place in 2014 they may be somewhat limited here.

If lin keeps playing like this the Knicks would rather drop Melo as a salary dump than let Lin leave. Merchandise sales are up like 350% or something like that right now.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
If lin keeps playing like this the Knicks would rather drop Melo as a salary dump than let Lin leave. Merchandise sales are up like 350% or something like that right now.
I don't think money has ever been a problem in New York. :) We'll see how Lin evolves and what happens with Melo on the floor. He got lucky in that the team HAD to play him and he has really taken advantage of that. He probably has been ignored because he came from Harvard. I think that's understandable and the knocks on Smart and the way he used him are over inflated because of the composition of the Warriors. He looks like Rubio in a way (please, no not picking the comparison) but the Kings DID stop his shooting and he benefitted from the open men knocking down their shots. Otherwise he would have appeared very average. This is only a comment on our game as it was fun to watch. I even thought Outlaw looked OK running around after him.

We'll see. He's good for the NBA if only because we all are talking about him. Very few people get this much ink.

I don't think money has ever been a problem in New York. :) We'll see how Lin evolves and what happens with Melo on the floor. He got lucky in that the team HAD to play him and he has really taken advantage of that. He probably has been ignored because he came from Harvard. I think that's understandable and the knocks on Smart and the way he used him are over inflated because of the composition of the Warriors. He looks like Rubio in a way (please, no not picking the comparison) but the Kings DID stop his shooting and he benefitted from the open men knocking down their shots. Otherwise he would have appeared very average. This is only a comment on our game as it was fun to watch. I even thought Outlaw looked OK running around after him.

We'll see. He's good for the NBA if only because we all are talking about him. Very few people get this much ink.
Historically it never has been. But the new CBA cap changes that take place in 2014 are unprecedented and much stricter than anything we've seen before. The changes are designed with teams like L.A. and New York in mind, to prevent them from spending at will.