Jared Berggren: C/PF Wisconsin Badger

bajaden

Hall of Famer
In an effort to bring attention to players that are flying under the radar to the average person, I thought I throw the spotlight on Berggren. His stats for last season weren't spectacular, but he was playing withing a system that spotlighted Jordan Taylor and others. He averaged 10.5 PPG, on 45.2% shooting overall. For a big man, he's a very good outside shooter averaging 37.2% from the three.

Because the team liked to spot him up on the perimeter a lot, it hurt his overall rebounding where he averaged 5 boards a game. Berggren is one of those players that you have to see play to truely appreciate his overall skills. He's actually very good in the post offensively, and he's very good defensively as well, averaging 1.7 blocked shots a game. At 6'10" and 235 pounds, he's listed as a center, but I think his future is at the PF position. He's a pretty good athlete that runs the floor well, and he has a very high BBIQ.

Here's a video of him from last season:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Baj :)

im looking forward to the new college season and the build up to the next draft :)

are we having anouther massive thread about the college season like last year???

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Cheers Baj :)

im looking forward to the new college season and the build up to the next draft :)

are we having anouther massive thread about the college season like last year???
I'am presently working on it. I want to highlight not only individual players, but the top teams as well. It takes a lot of time to assemble all the info. I can't wait for the season to start!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
cool :) when does the season start????
It starts friday, Nov 9th. Not a lot of the games are listed as being televised, but they could be late with the scheduling. The only two I know for sure so far are the Kentucky/Maryland game at 5 PM Pacific on ESPN, and Gerogia/Duke at 4 PM on ESPNU. I'll try and update it as I get more info. The Kentucky game is one that I'll watch for sure. Kentucky has at least 4 possible 1st round picks on the team, maybe 5. I'm going to try and run down every team that has possible first rounders and second rounders, list them along with height, weight, position and current number. That way everyone will have some sort of reference to go to if they want to watch a particular game.

It starts friday, Nov 9th. Not a lot of the games are listed as being televised, but they could be late with the scheduling. The only two I know for sure so far are the Kentucky/Maryland game at 5 PM Pacific on ESPN, and Gerogia/Duke at 4 PM on ESPNU. I'll try and update it as I get more info. The Kentucky game is one that I'll watch for sure. Kentucky has at least 4 possible 1st round picks on the team, maybe 5. I'm going to try and run down every team that has possible first rounders and second rounders, list them along with height, weight, position and current number. That way everyone will have some sort of reference to go to if they want to watch a particular game.
haha what whould i do without you... can never see kentucky because there primetime and thats like 2 in the morning for me.... how are duke looking this season??

bajaden

Hall of Famer
haha what whould i do without you... can never see kentucky because there primetime and thats like 2 in the morning for me.... how are duke looking this season??
Thats what they make DVR's for! I have Duke in my top 10 at the moment. They have Mason Plumlee returning for his senior year. Also returning from last season are Seth Curry (Stephen's little brother) Andre Dawkins, and Alex Murphy. Also, Mason's little brother, Marshall Plumlee, who was on the team last season, but mostly a spectator, should be a bigger contributer this season. Most scouts think he's the best of the Plumlee brothers.

Duke had a decent recruiting year with two players in the top 25 highschool players in the nation. 6'4" SG Rasheed Sulaimon was ranked number 12 in the nation, and 6'8" SF Amile Jefferson came in at number 25. So they have good talent, and outstanding coaching. They do lack some star power of some of the other teams, but it wouldn't shock me to see them in the final 4 this year.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
not like him to miss the start of the season though :confused: and whats a PM going to do if he hasnt been online since august ;)
Well, I think by default that PMs also send an email notification to the email on file. If he's getting email but just been too busy to log in to KF.com, he should still get the notification.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
And whatever happened to Nbrans? After seeing Teague last night, I thought that would be an interesting conversation...
Good question.. Where is Vlade? People come and go, and if your gone too long, you no longer exist in peoples minds. However, I suspect we'll be hear from both of them. The fourm is pretty rough right now. Mostly negative posts, and rightly so, but it does get hard to read them day in and day out. All I can do is look to the future, and remind myself that its just a game.

By the way, I think Teague's little brother, is going to be a better player down the road.