Jamall Magloire available again???

Jamaal Magloire available again???

Bucks' GM Encouraged By Bogut's Angst6th May, 2006 - 1:37 am
Journal Sentinel - Bucks' general manager Larry Harris is encouraged by the angst and desire shown by Andrew Bogut following the club's elimination from the 2006 Playoffs.

"When he met with me, he told me, 'I'm going to go to the World Championships this summer (with Australia) and come back a different player.' " Harris said Friday. "He has just scratched the surface. His competitiveness and his basketball IQ, that's never going to change. His basketball game is going to improve."

He also confirmed that Bogut would be moving to the center position, his natural spot on the floor. This likely means that Jamall Magloire will be dealt during the summer.

"With Jamaal, he's a starting center on a playoff team; you can't deny that," Harris said. "The guy has a skill, he has a talent, and there are not a lot of true centers. . . . So when you're thinking about moving people around and moving size around, you better make sure you get the pieces that complement the players you do have."

worth a shot...

edit: sorry...forgot to add link: http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=421377

Last edited:
i really think the kings should pursue magloire. in 30 minutes/game this season he averaged 9.5 rebs/game!!! and he's got age on his side still. only 28 years old at the end of this month. maybe the kings could snap up magloire from milwaukee for, say, some combination of kenny thomas, corliss williamson, vitaly potapenko, sergei monia, jason hart, and maybe even francisco garcia. i don't know what milwaukee needs in order to "get the pieces that complement the players [they] do have," but any combination of the above players to match salaries would be ideal for the kings. i'd also trade brad miller to the bucks in a heartbeat if it meant getting magloire, but given that they're moving bogut to center, i don't see them wanting miller, unless they could envision him as a 4.

and if the kings could somehow get magloire without trading miller, then i'd say the kings front office would be more flexible in other miller trade possibilities. i could see them trading miller for role players to fill out the bench. i dunno...magloire seems like a likely option for the kings to pick up during the offseason...and he really would solve a lot of the kings problems...

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Don't like him. He isn't the interior presence we need, and wants the ball on block too much.

People have said Brad/Przy isn't athletic enough to compete, but Magloire is even slower than Brad!

Don't need him, don't want him.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If he's out there its a definite thought. Low on skill, but big on rebounding and physical post defense which we need.

Thing is he's not a huge shotblocker though, so if you get Magliore you would still need a second player at PF to handle the HELP defense (Mags is very strong and can handle his man one on one). A mobile shotblocker type.

Last edited:
Padrino said:
some combination of kenny thomas, corliss williamson, vitaly potapenko, sergei monia, jason hart, and maybe even francisco garcia.

You know- I hadn't thought of using Garcia as a trading chip, but it makes sense. If you bring back Bonzi you are essentially committing the wing poitions to Wells-Artest-Martin for at least the next two years (until Martin is an FA). If the Kings make a run at a backup PG (which they likely will), Garcia at BEST stands to get 6-8 minutes per game and at worst is a garbage time, deep reserve who will only play in injury or foul situations. Most coaches don't go more than 8-9 deep, and it is tough to see a situation where Garcia would be higher than 8-9.

Garcia isn't worth a whole lot individually, but combine him with a decent player with a big contract (ummm.... KT anyone) and you might be in better shape. He is a young, cheap, athletic player who has shown a lot of upside. He is worth something to us as depth, but he is likely worth more as a trade chip Good thought Padrino...

Magloire has never really impressed me. it was magnified moreso during this last playoff series. I dont know what it is but the guy does not come across as a difference maker. maybe at the right price and with the right pieces he could work out.. i guess time will tell.

Well I have seen him play only a few times... but at 10 boards a game, and 1 block he is pretty above average but not superior. But he is so big and strong he fits our new look perfect. Ron bonzi and JM would be the toughest trio in the league. Tho its true he is not a huge shot blocker... he is a beast in strength and can bull his way around. But I bet he is a skinner type player I would love to see him here... I mean he will be a free agent next year... so we could deal an expiring for him, see how he works, and then go from there. its a no loose situation considering his contract is not a problem.

In fact... we could do brad for him straight up if we wanted to get out from his contract... but I think we would be getting the worse of the deal... but after this post season... i am just heartbroken because of brad.... Time to say goodbye

SacKings4Life21 said:
Well I have seen him play only a few times... but at 10 boards a game, and 1 block he is pretty above average but not superior. But he is so big and strong he fits our new look perfect. Ron bonzi and JM would be the toughest trio in the league. Tho its true he is not a huge shot blocker... he is a beast in strength and can bull his way around. But I bet he is a skinner type player I would love to see him here... I mean he will be a free agent next year... so we could deal an expiring for him, see how he works, and then go from there. its a no loose situation considering his contract is not a problem.

In fact... we could do brad for him straight up if we wanted to get out from his contract... but I think we would be getting the worse of the deal... but after this post season... i am just heartbroken because of brad.... Time to say goodbye
It's a lot better than the production and no shoot blocking we are getting now. Change is good, but let's see if we can get more then ML for Brad, we could throw in another player, but we will want more than ML. I'd like to see if we can get Nene and Elson from Denver for Brad, Corliss, Hart or something. We need size in a big way. I cannot get over how so many teams have 4-6 near 7 footers and we have a 7' footer that plays small. We need some size in the interior. SAR would be o.k. starting if we don't bring in the size at PF, but we definately then need a big rebounding/shoot blocking Center and that is not Brad.