Jahmi’us Ramsey (g league)

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I haven't seen enough tape to say for sure but while Ramsey was very streaky in college I think it's getting used to the size and speed of NBA/G League level defenders.

Ramsey has very good footwork in terms of setting up his jumpers but at Texas Tech he took a lot of contested shots, just opening up a small window to get his shot off. Now against better defenders I think he's struggling a bit right now to create enough space for a good shot.

I'm still high on his long term potential, but Ramsey has to shore up a number of areas in his game: shot selection, tightening his handle, developing his off hand, passing and pick & roll play in general, defensive positioning and awareness etc. As fans we'll need to be patient with him.
I thought when he was at Texas Tech his problem was shot selection, shot selection, and shot selection, which is an easy thing to fix. He's a very good athlete and I think he has the potential to be a good defender. I agree with you on his overall potential. Being a combo guard helps as well. Up to him to put in the work, but he could be something in a couple of years.