Its time Maloof's...Fire Petrie! (merged)

Outside of Kevin Martin, what has he done right in the last 6 years?

6 years of ineptitude generally loses jobs. It is time.

This is extremely preamture. The draft isn't even halfway over yet. Anything can happen. If we traded the #10 to move down in the draft we wouldn't know until all the lower players are taken. Patience.

Boo ****ing hoo :rolleyes:

Hawes is a very solid pick and he fills a NEED! A 7'1" bigman with a low post game and is inly 19!!!!!

Talk about getting your knickers in a knot :rolleyes:

A slow heavy big man who couldn't defend the paint or rebound to save his life. Yep, we got what we needed.
Boo ****ing hoo!!!!

We were a conteder with a Hawes like player playing at C for years. He was a slow heavy big man who liked to flop and was a not agreat rebounder for his size!

Did I hear you complaining back them? :rolleyes:

Somebody had to start the thread, many fans are thinking it. And the number 10 pick is a microcosm of what is wrong with our organization.
Rip all you want, but it is a legit question or thought to raise. It is no longer premature for these sorts of discussions.

Name 5 franchices in worse positions....

What does Petrie have to work with, we needed a big man, the offseason just started, bullsh*t like this pisses me off.

Last edited by a moderator:
ahh shut up this thread is RETARDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What does Petrie have to work with, we needed a big man, the offseason just started, bullsh*t like this pisses me off.
Petrie created this team. It is his own fault he has nothing to work with. Don't post or read if you dont like. A discussion of this is warranted, however.

And I would like nothing more for him to change my mind but he just hasn't done a thing to do so.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I have freely criticized Geoff for years -- and been right to do so long before the stars were out of many other people's eyes. That said, I think this one pick is just rather a confirmation of what we (and I say we as being those who realize that the bathroom stinks when he leaves it same as everybody else) already know. Its no more a fireable offense on its own than anything else. Just another in a long line of similar moves with similar values running through them.

Wow isn't it a little early for this? We still have the entire off-season, not the mention the rest of the freaking draft for that matter. We have no idea how this team will look to start season. Why don't we wait to see what the team looks like first before we run Petrie out of town? Hell Hawes hasn't even played a game yet, does anyone here remember the Peja pick? Could be a repeat of that everyone calling for Geoff's head and then being proven wrong.

Now if we don't make any moves, still suck next year, and Hawes disappoints THEN you can start the fire Petrie talk.

Im not sure if this is enough to warrant firing Petrie, but def enough to arouse suspicion. I really don't know what Geoff is thinking. Can't wait to see Oden vs. Hawes, should be fun (for Blazer fans anyway).

"They" who? People who lost contact with reality?

THANK YOU.

Hawes is an AWFUL pick. This guy is the next freaking Joe Kleine or Chris Mihm. He isn't the next Vlade or even Miller. He's CHRIS FREAKING MIHM with a political attitude. This guy sucks. I hate this pick. I HATE this pick. We were supposed to get some athleticism and defense but instead we get THIS? This loser can't freaking rebound, he can't defend, he can't run, he can't do anything! And he won't be overpowering guys in the NBA and he won't be getting those easy shots in the post over guys in the NBA.

FIRE PETRIE, NOW.

This is extremely preamture. The draft isn't even halfway over yet. Anything can happen. If we traded the #10 to move down in the draft we wouldn't know until all the lower players are taken. Patience.
There is truth to this, and I hope you are right. maybe I should of posted next week sometime so it didn't seem like as much of a reaction as it is a problem I have with a reoccurring trend. I assure you however, that I wanted him to go long before i heard the soft name of Spencer Hawes.

THANK YOU.

Hawes is an AWFUL pick. This guy is the next freaking Joe Kleine or Chris Mihm. He isn't the next Vlade or even Miller. He's CHRIS FREAKING MIHM with a political attitude. This guy sucks. I hate this pick. I HATE this pick. We were supposed to get some athleticism and defense but instead we get THIS? This loser can't freaking rebound, he can't defend, he can't run, he can't do anything! And he won't be overpowering guys in the NBA and he won't be getting those easy shots in the post over guys in the NBA.

FIRE PETRIE, NOW.
Do you want a xanax or something?

I'll let the kid play a few games, but we need to trade for a defensive big now, more so than ever. Before the draft we had a brad miller, now we have two of them. just great. Even if the kid puts up points, it won't matter since the other team can do the same, not like miller or hawes will be there to block it. 6.4 rebounds per game.....wow

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Voice your displeasure to the Kings@arcoarena.com everybody. Maybe we can get this loser traded.
Oh my God. Way to pre-judge someone before they've ever had a chance. Why not actually let him put on a Kings uniform before you decide to tar and feather him? If I recall, some people were equally as premature in their judgment of Kevin Martin.

Spencer Hawes deserves a decent reception from Kings fans. I'm certainly hoping he gets it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
THANK YOU.

FIRE PETRIE, NOW.
LOL!

This is actually hilarious. The kid was projected by almost every sports writer, etc. to go in the top half of the first round of the draft. He's not a loser.

And you have no idea what he's capable of doing yet.

We weren't going to get Greg Oden or Kevin Durant or even Yi Jianlian. No matter what F/C we got, it wasn't going to be an automatic starter for us so why not let him actually step foot in Sacramento before you act as though you have better information than virtually every pro analyst working in the NBA today?

"Loser?"

I have always known Sacramento to be one of the more welcoming places in the NBA. This kind of knee-jerk infantile reaction makes me feel like I'm 20 miles up the road in Philly.

Can we question Petrie's pick? Sure, that's what the 'net is for. But I don't see a need to attack some kid on a personal level. Looking at what was left, however, I'm ok with what was done for now.

Spencor Hawes has little to do with why I think Petrie needs to be done.

It doesn't take a high IQ, Celt, to know that Petrie has made a number of mistakes over the past six years. Again I did not want this to be a flame thread, I should have waited and changed my language a bit, I suppose. Fact of the matter is though, our GM is in a 6 year slump.