It's As Serious As Making The Playoffs..

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Heh -- one of these times his mouth is going to bite off more than the rest of the team can back up. But in the short term at least, with almost all of our "institutional memory" of being a great team gone, the bravado serves a purpose and once again leads.

M

MrBiggs

I don't think we're going far in the playoffs but I guarantee that every team in the playoff race wouldn't want to see us in the first round.

Wow, that's bold. But eh... why not? If you make a crazy prediction like that and it comes true, you look like a genius. If it doesn't come true, oh well... I can't imagine this having any negative effects, even long term. Now if you're a favorite and you start saying stuff like that, that's when it gets you into trouble.

Oh, and uhh.... BEAT LA!

MrBiggs said:
I don't think we're going far in the playoffs but I guarantee that every team in the playoff race wouldn't want to see us in the first round.
eh...i agree with this sentiment in part. but a team like san antonio is one of the best in the league for a reason: they do not care who they play. pop doesn't care. tim duncan doesn't care. manu ginobili doesn't care. bruce bowen doesn't care. even tony parker doesn't care. they're the best because they can beat anybody in the playoffs. the regular season is one thing. pop has said he'd like to win the division, but has also said that its more important to get his guys healthy. regardless, not a single spur really cares who they see in the first round, semis, conf. finals, or nba finals. they know the opponents are going to get increasingly difficult as they advance, but thats all that matters. their approach will not change all that much. of course, its great for a team like the kings to think that no one will want to see them in the first round. that thought process and ron artests comments will go a long ways in boosting confidence going into the playoffs, but i absolutely guarantee that san antonio does not care if they play the kings, lakers, hornets, jazz, whoever. doesn't matter to them.

dallas and phoenix may be different. i'm not convinced that either is up to san antonio's level when it comes to the playoffs. they've proven they can keep up in the regular season, but the playoffs are, literally, a different ball game.

now, i don't mean to be a killjoy. i'm stoked over ron's comments. brick's right, it may come back to bite the kings when the rest of the team is unable to own up to such bold words, but its a great display of leadership. it was the same when c-webb was around. he rallied the troops and was able to convince them that they could win, even if it wasn't conceivable. that can carry a team a long ways. it won't get the kings the whole way there...but it will help. that is the mark of leadership...

RThomas said:
calm down tyrant, we just need to make to the playoffs first. A lot can happen with 15 games left!

i mean that statement contingently. if we do end up facing the spurs or dallas and BEAT them we're winning the NBA finals.

tyrant said:
i mean that statement contingently. if we do end up facing the spurs or dallas and BEAT them we're winning the NBA finals.
With Detroit in the way (plus Ron's history there) you never know, but we'd dam sure be playing it in.

Padrino said:
eh...i agree with this sentiment in part. but a team like san antonio is one of the best in the league for a reason: they do not care who they play. pop doesn't care. tim duncan doesn't care. manu ginobili doesn't care. bruce bowen doesn't care. even tony parker doesn't care. they're the best because they can beat anybody in the playoffs. the regular season is one thing. pop has said he'd like to win the division, but has also said that its more important to get his guys healthy. regardless, not a single spur really cares who they see in the first round, semis, conf. finals, or nba finals. they know the opponents are going to get increasingly difficult as they advance, but thats all that matters. their approach will not change all that much. of course, its great for a team like the kings to think that no one will want to see them in the first round. that thought process and ron artests comments will go a long ways in boosting confidence going into the playoffs, but i absolutely guarantee that san antonio does not care if they play the kings, lakers, hornets, jazz, whoever. doesn't matter to them.

dallas and phoenix may be different. i'm not convinced that either is up to san antonio's level when it comes to the playoffs. they've proven they can keep up in the regular season, but the playoffs are, literally, a different ball game.

now, i don't mean to be a killjoy. i'm stoked over ron's comments. brick's right, it may come back to bite the kings when the rest of the team is unable to own up to such bold words, but its a great display of leadership. it was the same when c-webb was around. he rallied the troops and was able to convince them that they could win, even if it wasn't conceivable. that can carry a team a long ways. it won't get the kings the whole way there...but it will help. that is the mark of leadership...
Nice Post...took the words right out of my fingers