Isaiah Thomas watch

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Rubbish. Idiotic, nonsensical rubbish. The derangement continues. You must be his sibling to know soooo much about Isaiah Thomas and what he will or will not expect and what is inside or outside of his skin. Tell me, does he sleep on the left or side of the bed? Does he floss or brush or do both? How many times a day?
You can be sarcastic and dismissive all you like. I frankly couldn't possibly care less. Time will tell about IT. Until then, some will continue to find reasons to defend him and make excuses for what happens and others will posit different points of view.

Glad to see IT leave PHX. He wasn't bad player and the stats indicate that. However the fit was just not there. I wish we traded him earlier so that Goran would have never demanded out but it is what is.

I think he will actually turn out decent for Boston.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Glad to see IT leave PHX. He wasn't bad player and the stats indicate that. However the fit was just not there. I wish we traded him earlier so that Goran would have never demanded out but it is what is.

I think he will actually turn out decent for Boston.
I wish him all the best, but I still have significant reservations about his ability to fit in. Brad Stevens is going to have a tough job.

Pick up IT, he'll make your best player want to leave.

Is that worth 15 ppg?

Are the celtics really going to bring him off the bench? That should go well.
Go read the celtics fan posts. No joke, they think he's stephen curry light. A top 5-7 pg who is their best player and will lead them in the playoffs. Apparently the only reason he's been selfish is because his teammates.(in Phoenix and here) made him that way.

Go read the celtics fan posts. No joke, they think he's stephen curry light. A top 5-7 pg who is their best player and will lead them in the playoffs. Apparently the only reason he's been selfish is because his teammates.(in Phoenix and here) made him that way.
He's probably a top 5PG in the East. As much as some dislike his game, he's not that far off of Irving. Irving is a 6'3 version of IT.

With his own team to jack up shots, play 35 minutes a night and be the man I can see him putting up 20 points a game easy. Im glad IT is gone because like we have all discussed, its all about him and how well he does. Some players you can tell when thats the case and you can tell that getting his is more important than the team overall succeeding.
But yeah with that said I think hes gonna go full throttle IT style and try and put up crazy numbers lol

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
And so the cycle begins anew. I almost guarantee you they'll be trying to dump him by the offseason.

K

Kingsguy881

IT and IT fans love the stats he puts up. Yet they and he ignore the results they/he gets with those stats. Isaiah Thomas and his fans ignore the impact of his stats and most importantly his attitude how he gets those stats.

With his own team to jack up shots, play 35 minutes a night and be the man I can see him putting up 20 points a game easy. Im glad IT is gone because like we have all discussed, its all about him and how well he does. Some players you can tell when thats the case and you can tell that getting his is more important than the team overall succeeding.
But yeah with that said I think hes gonna go full throttle IT style and try and put up crazy numbers lol
he has to.. he's playing for the next contract.

I'd easily take:

Wall
Lowry
Rose
Irving
Teague
Dragic

Over him and possibly 2-3 of the youngsters. Either way he's not even in the top 15 in the league. He would be 1-2 best 6th men if he ever accepted the role.
Well, he's somewhere after them. He's not this terrible player a lot of people suggest though. Him and Irving are almost identical players, except Irving is better and it's not even a discussion lol. IT is still a 6th man though.

Well, he's somewhere after them. He's not this terrible player a lot of people suggest though. Him and Irving are almost identical players, except Irving is better and it's not even a discussion lol. IT is still a 6th man though.
As I said many times last year, he has a perfect game to be a Vinnie Johnson type player. A dynamic scorer off the bench who can provide instant offense. But his ego won't allow that and the weaknesses of his game make him a less than ideal starter.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
He's not this terrible player a lot of people suggest though.
Most of his "detractors" suggest that the guy has the potential to be a perennial 6th man of the year every year for the next decade if he would accept that role.

Nobody thinks he is terrible. A lot of us think he is a clubhouse cancer and his negatives currently outweigh the positives he brings.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Most of his "detractors" suggest that the guy has the potential to be a perennial 6th man of the year every year for the next decade if he would accept that role.

Nobody thinks he is terrible. A lot of us think he is a clubhouse cancer and his negatives currently outweigh the positives he brings.
I think "cancer" may be a bit over the top but the idea is correct. Incredible talent but has a hard time finding his "place" on a team due to ego, for lack of a better term.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Cancer may have been over the top in a messed up Kings clubhouse but he destroyed the chemistry in Phoenix and if our friend on the forums represents the general fan base he wore out his welcome in record time.

He's probably a top 5PG in the East. As much as some dislike his game, he's not that far off of Irving. Irving is a 6'3 version of IT.
If you seriously watch Irving, and watch IT, and think they're pretty much the same, then I don't know what to say. The difference in talent is enormous. I don't care what the numbers are.

I give celtics fans till march 15th to start being divided. They have absolutely no clue what they're getting. Read their comments about Demarcus. They've never seen IT play. Who in Boston is watching Kings games? They see the stats.

IT is going to hop around the league. I wonder how many fan bases will go through this before he retires.

That's what happens when the most important people, his teammates, dislike his game. And that's the well earned rep he has right now. Now the eastern conference will learn.

He went to PHX cause they wanted him so bad. And then he got there, complained about not starting, and they quickly realized they didn't want him so much anymore. Smart move. Knight is massively better.

Wouldn't shock me to see IT move yet again before next year. Not at all. He's still in demand. Boston would be smart to flip him quick if they can, cause eventually that team cancer thing is going to stick. And trading him won't be so easy.

If you seriously watch Irving, and watch IT, and think they're pretty much the same, then I don't know what to say. The difference in talent is enormous. I don't care what the numbers are.

I give celtics fans till march 15th to start being divided. They have absolutely no clue what they're getting. Read their comments about Demarcus. They've never seen IT play. Who in Boston is watching Kings games? They see the stats.

IT is going to hop around the league. I wonder how many fan bases will go through this before he retires.

That's what happens when the most important people, his teammates, dislike his game. And that's the well earned rep he has right now. Now the eastern conference will learn.

He went to PHX cause they wanted him so bad. And then he got there, complained about not starting, and they quickly realized they didn't want him so much anymore. Smart move. Knight is massively better.

Wouldn't shock me to see IT move yet again before next year. Not at all. He's still in demand. Boston would be smart to flip him quick if they can, cause eventually that team cancer thing is going to stick. And trading him won't be so easy.
Irving is better than IT hands down, but what makes their games so different? I believe Irving is heavily overrated. Irving is a pg who looks to score first and dribbles the clock down for a dumb shot. There's a reason why Cleveland has never won anything with Irving...he doesn't make his teammates better, but he does make the team better.

Irving is a chuck master who takes a lot of shots..same thing with IT. In terms of gameplay, they aren't that much different. Irving is a lot more talented, yes. But they aren't too far off. Both play sucky defense too..not sure if this is more of a praise to IT or an insult to Irving. I'm not a personal fan of Irving. The best scoring guard is Lillard.

He's perfect for the Celtics cause nobody will question him taking shots there since he's now their best player.

He can shoot whatever he wants and do whatever he wants, they don't really care about defense or winning so its a perfect fit. I'm gonna expect his numbers to be similar to the numbers he put up in Sacramento his last season here.

I will always root for IT purely for his support to keep this team in Sac during our darkest days, but man he has become a boarder-line cancer at this point... I really hope he figures it out sooner rather than later. I also hope that if he does in deed figure it out, that is finds his way back to our bench as Bobby Jackson 2.0.

I've been hearing for about a year now how, in Jerry's words, "they'd build a shrine to IT if he were in the east."

And that he's a top five east PG.

Yet he's backing up a rookie now on a low level east team. That gave up 118 to a d league level lakers team.