Is there a W on the horizon? How long will the losing streak continue??

How long will the losing streak continue?

• Total voters
I just looked at the schedule. I don't know where I see a W on the horizon, the way this team is playing.
Take a look at the schedule below yourself then tell me where you see the 1st win of the season coming.

It could get uglier.

Utah Jazz
@ New York Knicks
@ Toronto Raptors
@ Atlanta Hawks
Portland Trail Blazers
@ Los Angeles Lakers
Boston Celtics
Phoenix Suns
@ Brooklyn Nets
@ Washington Wizards
@ Boston Celtics
@ Philadelphia 76ers
Denver Nuggets
Chicago Bulls

Is the game in NY against the Knicks their best shot? Or at the ATL??

They already lost to PHX, so I'm not banking on that home game.

If there was an I don't know option, I'd select it. As of right now, all of those teams are better. We can however snag a win or 2 if perhaps some of the lower tier teams on the list have a bad night. The losing streak can realistically be 15+ just at first glance unfortunately...

Many years ago, I remember the Suns started the season 0-13, and still made the playoffs. Maybe there's hope? Maybe I'm fooling myself? Oh well..

I only listed games into early December. It doesn't get any easier after that.

Honestly, I can't identify one game I'm certain they'll win for the foreseeable future.

I thought tonight was that game, but alas I was very wrong. So now I have no idea.

Can't lose to a horrible Charlotte team at home when they're already 0-4 and facing lots of criticism. If they can't get up for that game and keep focus, then when???

I only listed games into early December. It doesn't get any easier after that.

Honestly, I can't identify one game I'm certain they'll win for the foreseeable future.

I thought tonight was that game, but alas I was very wrong. So now I have no idea.

Can't lose to a horrible Charlotte team at home when they're already 0-4 and facing lots of criticism. If they can't get up for that game and keep focus, then when???
Its a new season, and the Kings find themselves the NBA's Dolphins. Once you shift your expectations, you won't mind them losing to a "horrible Charlotte team" . No the Kings are the horrible team in yesterday's matchup. Its a ruse and heist. Many of the players have had big to massive paydays. They will win some games, how many - does it matter?

They thought they'd try to target defense through free agency,, but the chemistry on offense has suffered too much with little improvement to defense. This is what happens when your player and coaching gambles fail. On top of that their best players are not performing competitively. Honestly the Kings best and most consistent player of the season was their only great value FA signing. Everyone else was overpaid and playing like it.

Without even looking at the schedule, all NBA teams have talent. When the Kings put together 4 quarters they have a chance.
Until then, they can lose to any team in the league.
I would trying some new lineups and rotations right now. Nothing to lose. Use more guys. Fox, Holmes and Barnes are playing pretty well.
Buddy needs to relax or get more sleep or something.
Dedmon is turning into Dudmon.
Bogie looks really slow.
Joseph and Ariza are household names, but their best days seem behind them.
Gabriel deserves some minutes. Keep starting Holmes.
Give us some Yogi.

In true Kings spirit we will even have a timid, so-so losing streak, 5 games. We will not counter it with a 5 game win streak for another decade.

Last edited:
The lack of bball IQ last night was disappointing, but I don't see how this doesn't fall back on a coach that seems unable to make even the most obvious in-game adjustments. Unless a change is made, I don't see a major trajectory change happening anytime soon. Even with a change, the disruption may prove to be too much. Sadly, I think we're locked in to suckitude for awhile, and this is coming from a diehard Kings optimist.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
With the way the 2nd half of every game has gone and the lack of attention to detail closing quarters out... I actually can only see us beating the Knicks. Seriously.

With the way the 2nd half of every game has gone and the lack of attention to detail closing quarters out... I actually can only see us beating the Knicks. Seriously.
Sadly, having watched the Knicks play, I'm not sure that's even a guarantee... That's how bad we've been so far. Sad

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I'll be at the game on Sun. Not sure why I ponied up for tickets.

Seems it'll be a waste of both time and money. My son's first game in person so there's that.

NY has this game circled as their next potential win. They'll be up for it. Kings play like they pass around NyQuil at halftime.

Start Fox,Buddy(needs to shoot out of slump),Barnes,Bjelly,Holmes
Bench - Yogi,Bogi (needs to pass the ball), Gabriel,Giles(yes you just gotta play him), Dedmon (min minutes)

When Marvin is Back - Marvin/Bjelly with Giles/Holmes

Cojo - sorry need offense more than your defense
Ariza - sorry just retire early

Start Fox,Buddy(needs to shoot out of slump),Barnes,Bjelly,Holmes
Bench - Yogi,Bogi (needs to pass the ball), Gabriel,Giles(yes you just gotta play him), Dedmon (min minutes)

When Marvin is Back - Marvin/Bjelly with Giles/Holmes

Cojo - sorry need offense more than your defense
Ariza - sorry just retire early
re Bogdan needing to pass the ball. i understand that he has been shooting like crap, but he is passing the ball! for example he was second in assists at 5 last night and fourth in shots taken after Buddy, Fox, and Barnes. I mean are Buddy Fox and Barnes only taking open shots? should Bogdan be 5th or 6th in shots taken? maybe he should take less shots than Holmes as well, but definitely not less than other players.

its been a rough start but I think they will figure it out. I dont think we will be losing like this for the rest of the season. that is if they stay together and united. if the lockeroom splinters then it will be a crap show for the rest of the season

I vote 10 because Walton will get fired after 10 straight.
Heres the thing. While I don’t think it’s wise to fire any coach this early into a season, especially considering shortness of camp and practices partially due to a long needless trip around the globe, I believe that even if the KINGS felt they made a mistake and wanted to fire Walton they have pigeon-holed themselves and are pot committed.

They’ve already made too many coaching changes in such a short time. And the instability has started once again. I just don’t believe they can afford to have such a short leash on Walton. They’re gonna have to let this play out for a while.

I mean, who would take this job if Walton is let go so soon after firing Joerger after firing Karl after firing Malone??? Did I leave someone out?