Inner Struggle: Cauley-Stein vs. Labissiere

If you were forced to waive one player and keep the other, which one would you keep?

• Willie Cauley-Stein

• Skal Labissiere

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just for fun, I thought I would make a couple threads that pin our own players against each other in regards to who we value more as a fan base.

If you were forced to waive one player and keep the other, which one would you keep?

Cauley-Stein vs. Labissiere

Skal for sure and it's not even close. Doesn't bring anything to the table except for hitting the occasional jump shot. He's not a very good player and is as soft as Charmin ultra soft toilet paper.

If both of these players always gave 100% effort it would be Willie 10/10 times that that I would keep. I truly never thought coming out of Kentucky that he would be is offensively polished as he is now. The part that is disheartening for me is that he gained skills that I never thought he might have that can make him a legitimate All Star, YET, the skills that got him drafted and separate him from role-players are the ones he refuses to utilize on a regular basis.

He sadly reminds me a lot of Derrick Williams and Michael Beasley in the idea that they had the talent to be stars but had the hustle of a dead mule. To use another analogy, Willie is the kid that drives the teacher nuts because they are the C- student that has the intellect to be on the Dean's List.

I'm admitting up front that people with no Drive infuriate me and I choose not to surround myself with them, if I can help it. Therefore, give me the long-term project in Skal before I stress myself out with the questions of "what could be?" Skal has shown enough promise that I can make this decision but not enough promise that it doesn't make it difficult. Willie just seems like that guy that if he gets cut or traded one day might flip the switch and infuriate us all.