I'm on the Moreland band wagon. Are you?

Are you on the Moreland bandwagon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

jdbraver

I like Moreland he doesn't slap at the ball just tries to get his hands up and alter shots. Doesn't have delusions of leading the league in steals.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Yeah, we have 5 PFs, but no one of starter quality. I think Moreland sees the Kings as a nice long-term fit where he can possibly win a starting job rather quickly.
Dunno about starting, but it shouldn't be a tough sell to convince him he'll get playing time.

Reggie is old. JT is a malcontent who, in all likelihood, is on his way out. Dwill is a bust. Landry is injury prone. Acy is a question mark at this point.

On top of that, Malone has gone on the record as loving the kid's game.

It will probably all come down to $$$ and the length of the deals that he is being offered by other teams. However, PDA has shown that he is willing to take risks on high reward players (Dwill, Gay, going after Smith and Rondo. Hell...Some people would even say giving Cuz the max extension was a high risk/high reward move, given all his meltdowns under the Magoof regime) so it wouldn't surprise me if we end up locking Moreland up.

...Hopefully news comes out soon. This is way more exciting to me than decision 2.0.

PDA needs to offer the fully guaranteed first year contract with a couple of option years.

If PDA tries to get cute and only do a partial guarantee, I am sure Moreland will find a team that gets him a guaranteed first year salary.

I think the Kings also have an advantage because there is a comfort level with the Kings coaches and FO from the two workouts and summer league.

Just as important to an undrafted rookie is to feel comfortable with the coaching staff. The coaches and FO know what he can offer the team and they have shown consistent love to him since the pre-draft workouts.

I think if the Kings would of had a 2nd round pick, they would have chosen Moreland. I think this is also an advantage, because since the Kings didn't have a 2nd round pick, he does not feel that the Kings passed him over in the draft, like all the other teams trying to get him now.

I think PDA has conveyed to him that he has the skills they have been looking for and they don't expect to have all the PF on the team once the trade deadline comes and he will have a spot on the rotation if he signs.

It is apparent that he wants to be a King by all the offers he turned down to play with the Kings SL team.

Moreland offers the same skill set as Larry Sanders and the same question marks (concerns surrounding his OSU team suspensions), but Moreland would come much cheaper and still has a lot of upside

PDA just needs to offer him guaranteed money and I think it will get it done.

You'd have to be blind to not be able to see the game changing defensive potential that this man has. Got to love the way he protects the basket with reckless abandon. His ability to protect the basket + his will to protect the basket earns him a spot on any roster as far as im concerned. Why not the Kings? GET IT DONE.

Our team has a gaping hole where there should be a shot blocker. PDA has acknowledged our need for a shot blocker. Coach has expressed the need for a shot blocker. All Kings fans are screaming for a shot blocker. This is an inevitability. Sign Moreland.

I really hope they sign him to a uber cheap 3 year contract

Why? Reggie is on a final year, even Acy Option is only 1 year

If we stash him in Reno to develop, he might be a cheap, defensive backup big for next year

Or in the alternative sign him to short term nonguaranteed until end of Training camp

I hope we get Moreland under contract very soon.

I wonder if PDA is waiting on Casspi clearing waiver and deciding on Quincy Acy option deadline Saturday to finalize a deal?

I was hoping the Moreland deal would be done by today or tomorrow at the latest.

Let's get it done already PDA and Vivek!

Maybe Moreland's agent is also seeing what's out there, in terms of guaranteed offers? Not sure why one must assume the delay is on the Kings' side.
True, we don't know.

But, if Kings were to guarantee the first year, like a typical high 2nd round pick contract, I think it would be done already.

Things would get dicey if the Kings are trying be cute and just do a camp invite or a very low minimum guaranteed money (i.e. $100-200K). For most undrafted rookie contracts, guaranteed money, especially 1st year guaranteed money gets them done.

The Kings should really be looking at Moreland as their 2nd round pick this year, much like McCallum last year.

They get their guy in the 2nd round basically, with Moreland. As apparent from his two-pre draft workouts, I think he would have been their 2nd round target if they had a 2nd round pick. Don't let him slip away over a rookie contract.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
True, we don't know.

But, if Kings were to guarantee the first year, like a typical high 2nd round pick contract, I think it would be done already.

Things would get dicey if the Kings are trying be cute and just do a camp invite or a very low minimum guaranteed money (i.e. $100-200K). For most undrafted rookie contracts, guaranteed money, especially 1st year guaranteed money gets them done.

The Kings should really be looking at Moreland as their 2nd round pick this year, much like McCallum last year.

They get their guy in the 2nd round basically, with Moreland. As apparent from his two-pre draft workouts, I think he would have been their 2nd round target if they had a 2nd round pick. Don't let him slip away over a rookie contract.
Why do you think it would have been done already?

Why do you think it would have been done already?
Unless he is getting offers of over the Rookie minimum, which is what most 2nd round picks get, then I think Moreland showed his preferred team by choosing the Kings over 8 other teams asking him to play for the SL team.

In his interviews and comments and twitter, he has shown that he appreciates the love the Kings fans, coaches and FO has shown him.

The question is the contract offer (years) and quarenteed money. All things being equal with other teams offers, I think he chooses the Kings.

Just makes me nervous the longer we go without getting him signed, maybe it is all the years of Maloofian ownership, but the sooner we get it done, the sooner we can concentrate on improving other things on this team.