I don't want to jinks this but.............

Is it me or this year is different than the past few years meaning that in the past, the team's play goes downhill late in the season before the playoffs as will as the injuries happening. This year it appears to be the opposite. Their play is coming around and our injured looks to be back by playoffs. Could this be the year?? I might not go that far but we can hope. Just stay away from the throwback jerseys!! :cool:

Oh yes, one other thing, THANKS DISH NETWORK AND FOX SPORTS NORTHWEST for blacking out the Seattle/Sacramento game. I live in Spokane, WA and they blacked out the game in this "Sonics territorial region" even thought the game was played in Sacramento. Jackasses!!!!

GO Kings GO!!!!!!!!!!!

pilot305 said:
Is it me or this year is different than the past few years meaning that in the past, the team's play goes downhill late in the season before the playoffs as will as the injuries happening. This year it appears to be the opposite. Their play is coming around and our injured looks to be back by playoffs. Could this be the year?? I might not go that far but we can hope. Just stay away from the throwback jerseys!! :cool:
I think the team is finding a groove on both ends pf the floor. What's interesting to me in the Western Conference is the lack of dominance. For example, if the T'Wolves were to get the 8th spot and come into the playoffs on a roll I wouldn't be shocked at if they beat Phoenix. I think there is more parity 1-8 than I've seen in recent years.

Back to the Kings for a second. I think Miller is the X factor. If the Kings can slog their way through the first round and allow Miller to get back into the mix things could be VERY interesting. However, I still think winning a 1st round playoff matchup with anyone would be a monumental achievement!!

pilot305 said:

Oh yes, one other thing, THANKS DISH NETWORK AND FOX SPORTS NORTHWEST for blacking out the Seattle/Sacramento game. I live in Spokane, WA and they blacked out the game in this "Sonics territorial region" even thought the game was played in Sacramento. Jackasses!!!!

GO Kings GO!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you're reading too much into it. We won last night against a strong opponent, but it was just ONE game. We've basically a 0.500 team since all star break so that's hardly "rolling". I'll be happy if we can put together a win streak before season end.

Will actually Pacboy, just because i said we were playing better as of late (meaning they are shooting better and the defense is better since the trade) doesn't mean we are winning all the time. I never said they were "rolling." I'm just saying their coming together as one unit and not falling apart just before playoffs (which seems to have happened to them in the last few years).

Do you get it now?

The Kings still have 6 games left. So like what you said in this thread, let's hope you don't jinx and they fall apart!! ;)

I agree with G_M's post.

I think that if the Kings can win three of the last six games, they will retain their fifth seed in the Western Conference.

Look at Houston's sxhedule. They are the only realistic challenge for the fifth seed, and the appear to be screwed. I think it is far more likely that Dallas will move into the third seed, thus knocking Seatlle down to the fourth seed.

I think it's going to be Seattle.

The playoffs are a whole new season. Last year the Kings "fell apart" at the end of the season, and they followed by stomping Dallas in the first round and giving Minnesota all they could handle in the second round. All that matters is getting in. Momentum can be gained or lost in just the first two games of the playoffs.

quick dog said:
I think that if the Kings can win three of the last six games, they will retain their fifth seed in the Western Conference.

Look at Houston's sxhedule. They are the only realistic challenge for the fifth seed, and the appear to be screwed. I think it is far more likely that Dallas will move into the third seed, thus knocking Seatlle down to the fourth seed.

Dallas cannot be the 3rd seed. The 3 division winners get the top 3 seeds. Seattle has to win 1 more game to clinch #3.

maybe im just really optimistic..but i really do think if we get bjax and miller back for the playoffs and it wouldnt suprise me AT ALL to get to the west conf. finals

quick dog said:

houston IS NOT the only realistic challenge for the fifth seed. denver could easily get it. memphis is right there too, but the grizz and houston have brutal schedules. seattle has the third seed on lock. winning their division guarantees them the 3rd spot even if dallas ends up with the better record.

We are a shadow of the teams of the past. Comparing this years prep for the playoffs to any other years prep for the playoffs is comparing apple and oranges.

Heuge said:
We are a shadow of the teams of the past. Comparing this years prep for the playoffs to any other years prep for the playoffs is comparing apple and oranges.
While I wouldn't argue that this is the best team the Kings have seen in recent years, I also wouldn't go as far to say they are a "shadow" of the teams of the past. Especially not with a healthy Brad and a healthy Bobby.

Vlad said:
While I wouldn't argue that this is the best team the Kings have seen in recent years, I also wouldn't go as far to say they are a "shadow" of the teams of the past. Especially not with a healthy Brad and a healthy Bobby.
I would. Our tallest starter is Peja.
Sure Brad and Bobby will make a difference, but will we see them again this year.

I doubt Brad and Bobby will be healthy. They may be able to play vintage Peja against the Lakers(2002) quality, but I don't expect either of them to help the team as much as they would if they had been playing with the team for a while. Let's face it, 2002:peja, 2003: Webb, 2004: Bobby, 2005: Brad + Bobby

We're just very unlucky, and though I love Petrie, he is responsible for getting injury prone players.

mr. moustache said:
I doubt Brad and Bobby will be healthy. They may be able to play vintage Peja against the Lakers(2002) quality, but I don't expect either of them to help the team as much as they would if they had been playing with the team for a while. Let's face it, 2002:peja, 2003: Webb, 2004: Bobby, 2005: Brad + Bobby

We're just very unlucky, and though I love Petrie, he is responsible for getting injury prone players.
Just because these players got hurt does not make them "injury prone". None of them had any significant injuries in their careers (except Peja's broken leg) prior to coming to Sacramento. What Petrie HAS managed to do is trade AWAY injury prone players once they developed chronic health problems (Pollard, Christie, Webber, Keon)

Right now the Kings are flying under the radar. If you look at Marc Stein's article on the playoffs today you'll see he doesn't even mention the Kings. I doubt NBA coaches have done so, but the media pretty much counted the Kings as dead after the Webber trade.

There really isn't one major dominant team in the West right now. Furthermore, I am not sure how most of the Western teams will perform in the playoffs. I can count on San Antonio, we've seen how they are in the playoff atmosphere, but Phoenix? Houston? Seattle? Denver? Even Minnesota is helter skelter. Dallas you know, but they are slightly different this year with Dampier. And the last "what will they do?" team is the Kings. They could do some damage, but it certainly isn't the 'year' for them. I still favor the Spurs. Every other western team, I could see the Kings taking out if things come around for them(Brad and Bobby back, team works together, no defensive lapses). The Spurs though are just sorta coasting through some bumps and bruises, so if they do turn it on then I think they are a step above everyone else.

keflanag said:
Just because these players got hurt does not make them "injury prone". None of them had any significant injuries in their careers (except Peja's broken leg) prior to coming to Sacramento. What Petrie HAS managed to do is trade AWAY injury prone players once they developed chronic health problems (Pollard, Christie, Webber, Keon)
Miller breaks down every year in April. Look it up. Injury prone. Bobby is injury prone. Webber was injury prone. Injuries have reduced greatly our chances of a championship during that window. Do I blame him.. not really, without those moves we never would have been in the position to make a run for the title. That said, I understand injuries are part of the game, but G. Petrie is responsible for it to a certain degree. Fair or not.

Heuge said:
And guess what ? We will do at least as good as we did last year. I would be highly surprised and disappointed if the Kings don't win the 1st round. And that's exactly how far we went in the past 2 years.

sloter said:
And guess what ? We will do at least as good as we did last year. I would be highly surprised and disappointed if the Kings don't win the 1st round. And that's exactly how far we went in the past 2 years.
I really do hope you are right.

R

R1LOVER

I been saying this from the start of the saeson. They will be messed up all season and then play well and win in the playoff's.... There was a thread on predictions around here somewhere...... I sure hope I'm right.... for king's sake

Heuge said:
I would. Our tallest starter is Peja.
Sure Brad and Bobby will make a difference, but will we see them again this year.
are you serious???!!!???

i never even thought about peja being taller than skinner
even thomas