I don't want to jinks this but.............

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
bojan_pecanac said:
That's what they are listed, but I think Peja is 6'9" and Skinner is 6'10" or 11". KT might also be taller. Around 6'9".
Absolutely no way on those numbers.

I agree Peja may only be 6'9". Actuaklly seeing him next to Webber who has always been 6'9 1/2" makes me think that he's probably the same height. But Skinner is certainly no more than 6'9", which becomes obvious whenever he plays against men listed at that height, and Thomas is a short 6'7" -- Rip Hamilton was taller than him.

Bricklayer said:

I agree Peja may only be 6'9". Actuaklly seeing him next to Webber who has always been 6'9 1/2" makes me think that he's probably the same height. But Skinner is certainly no more than 6'9", which becomes obvious whenever he plays against men listed at that height, and Thomas is a short 6'7" -- Rip Hamilton was taller than him.
KT is not 6'7" IMO. If KT is 6'7" then KG is really 6'11". I have seen Peja stand beside KT and they look about the same, maybe Peja being a bit taller. But Skinner, looks much bigger than what he is listed.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:

When you are a talking a difference of 1-2 inches that isn't that much of a factor. What really matters in those situations is reach. If you look at Cuttino, he may be only 6'4" but his arms are so long that he can hang on the net while his feet are flat on the floor. Tayshaun Prince and AK47 are only 6'9" but they have unbelievably long arms and it shows in what they can do defensively.

And I have also noticed when KT and Peja are right next to eachother they look about the same. I have also noticed that KT and Skinner dont look that undersized to me in most games. The other night though against Jerome James, Skinner looked like a midget.

Last edited:
SacTownKid said:
When you are a talking a difference of 1-2 inches that isn't that much of a factor. What really matters in those situations is reach. If you look at Cuttino, he may be only 6'4" but his arms are so long that he can hang on the net while his feet are flat on the floor. Tayshaun Prince and AK47 are only 6'9" but they have unbelievably long arms and it shows in what they can do defensively.
Yeah I agree, same with Thomas. From what I have seen, he doesn't have great hops but his extra long arms make it easier to reach above the rim.

pilot305 said:
Will actually Pacboy, just because i said we were playing better as of late (meaning they are shooting better and the defense is better since the trade) doesn't mean we are winning all the time. I never said they were "rolling." I'm just saying their coming together as one unit and not falling apart just before playoffs (which seems to have happened to them in the last few years).

Do you get it now?
Im way less confident about this team than any of the past years. They might not be falling off a cliff, but they certainly arent playing well by any means.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
bojan_pecanac said:
KT is not 6'7" IMO. If KT is 6'7" then KG is really 6'11". I have seen Peja stand beside KT and they look about the same, maybe Peja being a bit taller. But Skinner, looks much bigger than what he is listed.
I don't know what to say to that other than that I think you are watching with your heart and not your eyes. Thomas was distinctly smaller than Ben Wallace, who is only 6'9". He looked slightly smaller than Drew Gooden, who is about 6'8". The total number of big players in the NBA listed at SMALLER than their size is roughly zero -- no team, no agent, would tolerate that.

If Skinner was 6'11" -- probably about Brad's height, he would not be nearly so dwarfed against the 7-footers around the league.

Bricklayer said:
I don't know what to say to that other than that I think you are watching with your heart and not your eyes. Thomas was distinctly smaller than Ben Wallace, who is only 6'9". He looked slightly smaller than Drew Gooden, who is about 6'8". The total number of big players in the NBA listed at SMALLER than their size is roughly zero -- no team, no agent, would tolerate that.

If Skinner was 6'11" -- probably about Brad's height, he would not be nearly so dwarfed against the 7-footers around the league.
This would put to rest about how tall KT is. and yes, he's really is 6'7. He looks about the same height as Kobe in this one. Kobe is listed at 6'6.

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=52612192&cdi=0

F

Fillmoe

i was at the game yesterday and peja is taller than skinner...... but only by his hair. if he was bald like skinner they would be about the same height. Tag seemed to be the tallest out of all of them......

ESP47 said:
Im way less confident about this team than any of the past years. They might not be falling off a cliff, but they certainly arent playing well by any means.
I have to disagree. I think they are playing fairly well. Plus, it's only going to get better ;) .