I can't stop thinking about this lineup...

Ok guys, what if we drafted Otto Porter, traded IT and Jimmer for the draft rights to Trey Burke, re-signed Tyreke and Boogie, and waived/released/traded Chuck? We'd have a DEADLY offensive lineup and a servicable defense. Our bench would be strong, and with a new coach, we could be a low playoff seed, or even *gasp* a non-first round sacrafice. Also, we'd have two red-hot benchwarmers!

Starters
PG Burke
SG Reke
PF JT
SF Porter
C Boogie

2nd unit
PG Toney D
SG Thornton
PF Pat
SF Fish
C Aldrich

Benchwarmers
JJ
Outlaw

WOULD THAT NOT BE SICK!?!?!?!?

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Ok guys, what if we drafted Otto Porter, traded IT and Jimmer for the draft rights to Trey Burke, re-signed Tyreke and Boogie, and waived/released Chuck? We'd have a DEADLY offensive lineup and a servicable defense. Our bench would be strong, and with a new coach, we could be a low playoff seed, or even *gasp* a non-first round sacrafice. Also, we'd have two red-hot benchwarmers!

Starters
PG Burke
SG Reke
PF JT
SF Porter
C Boogie

2nd unit
PG Toney D
SG Thornton
PF Pat
SF Fish
C Aldrich

Benchwarmers
JJ
Outlaw

WOULD THAT NOT BE SICK!?!?!?!?
What you have to understand, is that this isn't the prospects fourm. All the people that post there watch a lot of college basketball. On this fourm, your going to get a lot of people that don't even know who Otto Porter and Trey Burke are. Therefore, they're not going to get excited about adding them to the team. As the season reaches its end, more and more people that are interested, will start reading the mock drafts, and then you'll get more attention with these kind of suggestions.

Nobody in the top 10 will trade their pick for a package consisting of IT and Jimmer & you can't waive / release Chuck without him becoming dead salary. I'm cool with drafting Porter though with our pick.

What you have to understand, is that this isn't the prospects fourm. All the people that post there watch a lot of college basketball. On this fourm, your going to get a lot of people that don't even know who Otto Porter and Trey Burke are. Therefore, they're not going to get excited about adding them to the team. As the season reaches its end, more and more people that are interested, will start reading the mock drafts, and then you'll get more attention with these kind of suggestions.
I'll move it right there.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Saw Porter for the first time in the game against Cinci. It's only one game so maybe he just had an off game but not impressed. Hopefully I get the chance to catch at least one more where he gets to show his stuff.
Lucky you! You just happened to catch one of his worse games of the year. Gotta judge him on his entire body of work. The one thing he's had going for him all year long is his consistency. However, if you just watched this one game, then you have no way of knowing that. You'll get pleny of other chances. Georgetown is going to be in the tourney, and I doubt they'll go out in the first round.

College players aren't used to playing back to back games, and personally, I thought Porter looked tired. Welcome to the NBA Otto!

If your going to get into the top 15 again, I think it will take more than IT / Jimmer. Jason Thompson or Pat Patterson would be a logical add in... and I actually think we need to move one of them this offseason.

I wouldn't do it, by the way. I don't love Burke the way others do. Granted, people like Baja have watched him way more than I have ... I just don't know if this is the draft where we can fix our PG problems.

What I would do is trade JT or Patterson along with IT or Jimmer (whatever it would take to get the deal done) for a guy like Cauley-Stien. Patterson and Thompson, in my opinion, are too similar. They have different games, but they do the same sort of things in different ways. They both give you the same kind of production. The main issue is, neither guy is a good enough defender to make up for Cousins lack of defense. Cousins, Pat, and JT are clearly our best 3 bigs, and that is a problem. JT is the best defender out of the bunch, and he isn't anything better than average. We need to fix that interior defense. Cauley-Stein may be the best big man defender in the draft after Noel, and he may be better than Noel. Noel is the better shot blocker, but he doesn't take up the kind of space WCS does.