How would you grade D'Alessandro so far to this point??

What does his report card look like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It always surprises me how singular fans think that player development is and that current development would happen on any team. Although it makes the conversation much more difficult, I think the team has a great amount of influence on the type of development a player has. So while you can sit here and bemoan the BM selection while pointing out those selected after him as better options, chances are that whatever player you think is a better option would not have developed on our team the same way they developed on their current team. Likewise, there are players that were selected and floundered on other teams that would have flourished on ours. Rare are the players who develop irregardless of their environment (I think Cousins is close to being one of those players).

K

KingMilz

Signing Ray Mac to a cheap 3 year deal A+
Trading to get a veteran we needed in Reggie Evans A+

So bumping mine to a B-

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It always surprises me how singular fans think that player development is and that current development would happen on any team. Although it makes the conversation much more difficult, I think the team has a great amount of influence on the type of development a player has. So while you can sit here and bemoan the BM selection while pointing out those selected after him as better options, chances are that whatever player you think is a better option would not have developed on our team the same way they developed on their current team. Likewise, there are players that were selected and floundered on other teams that would have flourished on ours. Rare are the players who develop irregardless of their environment (I think Cousins is close to being one of those players).
Name one.

Up to this point: incomplete. I'm not sure D' Alessandro will take the Kings to success but this is his first season and he needs at least 3 complete seasons to get graded appropriately. This first season shouldn't be counted towards a grade because he's got Maloof junk to still sort out.

-Cheers. :D

As of right now the Carl Landry signing is looking bad not Amare bad because his contract is not one of those immovable ones but if he could take it back he most likely would. Other side of that coin we got Rudy & Acy for Salmons/Vasquez/Patterson/Hayes thats working out nicely and Evans for MT who was stinking up the gym. The jury is still out on the Williams trade and imo he still has a lot of upside and he essentially expires after next season if he does not pan out so not to much risk involved in that either. C'mon 1st overall pick!

Up to this point: incomplete. I'm not sure D' Alessandro will take the Kings to success but this is his first season and he needs at least 3 complete seasons to get graded appropriately. This first season shouldn't be counted towards a grade because he's got Maloof junk to still sort out.

i don't know that i agree with this sentiment. patience is certainly important during a rebuild; i've been criticial of PDA at every step since he took over the gm role, but even i won't offer more than an "incomplete" after less than one season. however, you have to imagine that demarcus cousins will have a "grade" of sorts in mind for PDA throughout this rebuilding process, and after "3 complete seasons," it's entirely possible that cousins doesn't like what he sees, and demands a trade...

the point is, you can only give this organization so much rope when a team like the phoenix suns--who were destined for the top of the tank rank before proving everybody wrong--is clearly lapping the kings in most areas. demarcus cousins and rudy gay is a talented beginning. they're playing roughly .500 ball together. and after next season's trade deadline, i think that we should have a much clearer picture of where this roster is headed. at that time, i also think that it will be more than fair to "grade" PDA's performance as general manager of the kings (as well as coach malone's performance as head coach, for that matter)...

i don't know that i agree with this sentiment. patience is certainly important during a rebuild; i've been criticial of PDA at every step since he took over the gm role, but even i won't offer more than an "incomplete" after less than one season. however, you have to imagine that demarcus cousins will have a "grade" of sorts in mind for PDA throughout this rebuilding process, and after "3 complete seasons," it's entirely possible that cousins doesn't like what he sees, and demands a trade...

the point is, you can only give this organization so much rope when a team like the phoenix suns--who were destined for the top of the tank rank before proving everybody wrong--is clearly lapping the kings in most areas. demarcus cousins and rudy gay is a talented beginning. they're playing roughly .500 ball together. and after next season's trade deadline, i think that we should have a much clearer picture of where this roster is headed. at that time, i also think that it will be more than fair to "grade" PDA's performance as general manager of the kings (as well as coach malone's performance as head coach, for that matter)...
I can understand where you're coming from, but keep in mind this team was heading to Seattle this time last year. This front office regime has been trying to build a house with sticks and glue. I think while 3 seasons may be overkill, you can't judge them purely on the allotted time they've been given. PDA has been more involved this season than Petrie was the last 5 years he was in office. While I am not content with all of his moves (or lack thereof), I can tell he's done more than anyone else could have. I'm thinking this team is just THAT BAD.

I agree with the poster above when he said that he would get an INC. I REALLY hate the fact that he gave up Robin Lopez for two second round picks and signed Landry to that god awful contract. I've complained since day 1, but what's done is done. I also didn't like trading Mbah a Moute for Derrick Williams, but I totally understand why the move was made. While it gives us a young player that has yet to reach his potential, we're paying him 6.2 million next year; and that's 6.2 million extra dollars on our 2014 payroll which could be vital if we're trying to resign Thomas. I also didn't like how we released Jimmer, but we signed two "inferior prospects" in Johnson and Royce White. Now these guys may become solid role players, but when Jimmer was showing a LITTLE SOMETHING, they decided to part ways. Also, even though I liked the Jason Terry trade, I wish the team would allowed him to play here. I don't know why they released him without putting on the uniform?

However, i really LOVED how we didn't overpay for Tyreke and had the right mind to trade him. That was a brilliant move IMO. I also LOVED how we got rid of Salmons, Hayes, and company for Rudy Gay. That was a pipe dream of a trade and Pete managed to pull that off. I also liked the Ben Mac draft pick at that time. And even if Ben becomes a bust, I cannot bash a guy whose decision I supported at the time it was made. I also liked how we got Reggie Evans in a trade for Thorton. I think Reggie will be an integral part of this rebuilding process.

If I were to grade him to date, I would give him a C. I would give him a C-, but Pete had crap to work with so I will cut him a LITTLE slack. He may be a salary cap guru, but the jury is still out if he could judge talent and assemble a winning team. Even with our payroll nearing the luxury tax level, I would like to see this team manage to sign Jordan Hill and Jordan Hamilton to a short term deal. I think Hamilton still has potential to bring an offensive punch from the bench and Hill is a very good rebounder and a more than solid interior defender.

Not convinced with this! He might have been stuck with Outlaw, Hayes, semi expiring Salmons and overpaid Thornton but he also inherited some pretty good NBA talents in IT and Evans, a franchise center in Cousins and a solid role playing big in JT. Not to mention a pretty decent spot in terms of salary cap flexibility and #7 pick

That's a pretty good spot to start from if you are incoming GM. Some genuine NBA talent, a top 10 pick, some genuine salary cap room and a franchise center piece who just happens to play the toughest position to fill in the NBA.

He has had plenty of ammunition up his sleeve right out of the games. In terms of roster and salary cap flexibility, he was coming into a MUCH better position than the guys that came into their roles in Phoenix or Philly in the same offseason.

He has made some solid moves but there are still some WTF moves in his short time in the job. At least he has been aggressive so I give him that but aggressive does not necessarily mean successful.