How long would you wait? (merged)

From The Bee article today:
http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/basketball/kings/story/11408336p-12322657c.html

"We're not going to sit back and let this continue," said Kings co-owner Joe Maloof, referring to his club's 1-4 start, and adding that he is most distressed about the lackluster performance in Wednesday's blowout loss in Seattle.

"We're not happy about what's going on, and I know Mr. Geoff Petrie is not happy, either. We have too much talent for this. We can't panic. That's the one thing you don't want to do. But this just can't continue."

The bottom line in the NBA is you either win, or things get shaken up. Those of you who think the Kings aren't going to make a move if the Kings continue to lose are fooling yourselves.

What this move will be is hard to say. A lot of people think Adelman will be fired first, or a player traded. Hard to say.

Regardless, history is the biggest indicator. If you don't have success, expect changes. And sooner rather than later.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Catalyst said:
The bottom line in the NBA is you either win, or things get shaken up. Those of you who think the Kings aren't going to make a move if the Kings continue to lose are fooling yourselves.
As are those who think Geoff Petrie is going to panic.

Panic is for fans, not a good GM. If we were running the Kings we would have destroyed this team 10x over long before it achieved any success because every slump sends people right over the deep end.

It is obvious that if the Kings "continue to lose" there will be changes. That isn't even worth debating or restating. The entire question comes down to "how much losing" and "for how long"? If you panic, its any game now. If you're cool as a cucumber its more likely a matter of weeks or months. I'll tell you which one I think Geoff is.

Last edited:
Bricklayer said:
As are those who think Geoff Petrie is going to panic.

Panic is for fans, not a good GM. If we were running the Kings we would have destroyed this team 10x over long before it achieved any success because every slump sends people right over the deep end.

It is obvious that if the Kings "continue to lose" there will be changes. That isn't even worth debating or restating. The entire question comes down to "how much losing" and "for how long"? If you panic, its any game now. If you're cool as a cucumber its more likely a matter of weeks or months. I'll tell you which one I think Geoff is.
Who said anything about Petrie panicking?