Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Win WCF but lose NBA Finals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All the way baby !!

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • No way to tell

Votes: 21 24.1%

• Total voters
Ok time for a poll, how far do you think the Kings will go this time.

Please be honest, we all love our Kings but we need to be realistic about what chance they really have.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have the same objection to this poll I had to the last one, especially since we have no idea IF or WHEN Brad, Bobby and/or Peja will come back.

I'm not going to close the thread because, to be perfectly honest, I just don't care any more.

Anyone who is trying to predict how this team will fare in the playoffs might as well play it out on one of the computer games...

EDIT: I took the liberty of adding one more choice. At least this way this poll is different from the one before.

Didn't Vote in 1st One ....

No vote cast this time either ....

I'll wait till the regular season is over, status of Miller and B-Jax ... oh wait, add Peja to that list and the King's playoff roster has been determined.

VF21 said:
I have the same objection to this poll I had to the last one, especially since we have no idea IF or WHEN Brad, Bobby and/or Peja will come back.

I'm not going to close the thread because, to be perfectly honest, I just don't care any more.

Anyone who is trying to predict how this team will fare in the playoffs might as well play it out on one of the computer games...

EDIT: I took the liberty of adding one more choice. At least this way this poll is different from the one before.
At least now it has a no way to tell option. I wonder who voted for that?

yeah the last poll I didn't vote but thaks to the most perfect answer NO WAY TO TELL i have a neutral answer to vote for...i love the neutral answers...thx VF

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
That's just answering the question by not answering the question. But hey, at least you can't be wrong.

I think we'll probably lose in the first round unless Peja can come back quickly, which I don't think he will. My friend pulled his groin recently and he was limping for 2-3 weeks.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
hrdboild said:
That's just answering the question by not answering the question. But hey, at least you can't be wrong.
It's about being right or wrong? Silly me. I just thought someone wanted to gauge the feelings of the fans around here.

Darn. Luckily for all of us, we can't be graded because troosvelt didn't make it a public poll.

What the bleep difference does it make if someone says they simply can't pick one of the other choices? It's exactly the same as "None of the above" which is a standard option in every legitimate poll you'll see given.

How sad is it that we're now reduced to arguing about what the options should be on a poll about when our team is going to be able to book their vacations?

;)

VF21 said:
How sad is it that we're now reduced to arguing about what the options should be on a poll about when our team is going to be able to book their vacations?
;)
It's pretty sad but not as sad as if the Kings get bounced out in the first round of the playoffs this year. I hope and pray Peja and Brad are ready to go. Otherwise it could be a long summer.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If we play like we played tonight, I would welcome being bounced in the first round. A deep cut with a sharp knife is always the least painful with the least residual damage...
provided, of course, you don't kill the patient.

This is not a healthy team. I can accept that and I can look forward to good times in the future. What I could not accept would be to watch games like tonight's for TWO rounds of the playoffs.

------------------------------------------------------

Please, basketball gods, give us back something - Brad and Peja would be nice. Bobby would be nice, too. Be merciful with us.

We (the fans) are clinging to our fandom despite all indications to the contrary. Give us back something...

VF21 said:
nice one..that's what i'll usually do when the Kings lose...i had the Kings winning the championship in NBA live..me and my friends had this big tournament before and i just barely made it to the elimination round..but once i got through the first round everything went up..got Peja going with he's 3's and discovered new plays for Bibby...as i ended beating the top team for the trophy! could happen to the Kings though...

KP said:
At least now it has a no way to tell option. I wonder who voted for that?
I did.

This team is way too... :confused: I'm at a loss... to make any predictions for the post season. Who will we play? Who will play? How will they play?

The last two questions won't even be answered until Game 1 on either Saturday or Sunday (that, too, is a mystery at this point).

Making a prediction, at this point, would be no more than randomly picking an answer out of the sky.

I picked "no way to tell." That's how I really feel. It could be 1st or 2nd to me, but the difference depends on a lot of things. By the way, how far I think this team will go at this time has absolutely no bearing on my Kings fandom. Red Sox fans...now that's true fans. Altho I can't wait 86 years, unless cryogenics becomes a real option. I'll leave instructions to thaw me out the year the whole team is healthy going into the playoffs as the clear, undisputed favorites. :D Of course, I'd PREFER that it be next year, thank you. Save me a ton of bucks.

GoGoGadget said:
I did.

This team is way too... :confused: I'm at a loss... to make any predictions for the post season. Who will we play? Who will play? How will they play?

The last two questions won't even be answered until Game 1 on either Saturday or Sunday (that, too, is a mystery at this point).

Making a prediction, at this point, would be no more than randomly picking an answer out of the sky.
They are definately Jekyll and Hyde as of late but I wouldn't go so far as to say I picked my answer out of the sky. I think a couple of the options at least can be eliminated at this point. Rebounding and Defense continues to be a huge problem, and the new 1 on 1 offensive style has been inconsistant to say the least. But hey, if all their shots are falling the Kings can outgun a lot of teams so I would agree we will have to wait and see.

Last edited:
I also picked no way to tell, we need to wait and see whose able to play first. If we can get everybody healthy there's no stopping us but at this point as usual, that's a very big if. Would it kill the bball Gods to let us be healthy for more than 5 minutes????

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
loopymitch said:
If we can get everybody healthy there's no stopping us
I beg to differ on that one, but it could well make the difference between advancing to the 2nd round or not. Especially since we appear to be angling for that #6 spot, I'm sticking with my Second Round prediction for the moment. Seattle's messed up too, and we should have a solid shot to knock them off even at less than 100% health (but not realistically without Brad, Bobby OR Peja -- somebody will have to make it back). Then we get San Antonio. Then we say good night and the offseason begins.

Bricklayer said:
I beg to differ on that one, but it could well make the difference between advancing to the 2nd round or not. Especially since we appear to be angling for that #6 spot, I'm sticking with my Second Round prediction for the moment. Seattle's messed up too, and we should have a solid shot to knock them off even at less than 100% health (but not realistically without Brad, Bobby OR Peja -- somebody will have to make it back). Then we get San Antonio. Then we say good night and the offseason begins.
Brick you make a good point and even if we got all our players healthy for the POs I don't know if we could beat Spurs but that's only cos Bobby has never even played with a lot of them and he's been out for a while. Maybe I should have said if they'd been healthy. It will take them a couple of games at least to get back in the rhythm espec. Bobby and that is a luxury we don't have. Lose those couple of games and you're out. I still can hope and believe that we will beat them. They're not infallible and Duncan's not 100% either. I guess we'll just have to wait and see but they're not ready to go fishing yet although if they play like they did last nite they better have that tackle ready.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
VF21 said:
It's about being right or wrong? Silly me. I just thought someone wanted to gauge the feelings of the fans around here.

Darn. Luckily for all of us, we can't be graded because troosvelt didn't make it a public poll.

What the bleep difference does it make if someone says they simply can't pick one of the other choices? It's exactly the same as "None of the above" which is a standard option in every legitimate poll you'll see given.

;)
'None of the above' is only a legitimate answer when the other options don't include every possibility. If we're talking about the outcome of the playoffs, the possibilities are 1)lose in first round 2)lose in second round 3) lose in WCF 4) Lose in finals 5)champions. It's going to be one of those, and every option was included.

Obviously nobody knows what the outcome will be. The point of a poll like this is to think about all of the factors (and there are a lot of factors) and make the best guess you can. Everybody could answer 'No way to tell'. That's a given, so why answer at all then? If you have to guess, which would you pick? If you don't want to guess, then don't. It's as simple as that. If you put in the option 'No way to tell' and half the people pick that, than you really have made the poll redundant. That's all I'm saying. It isn't about being right or wrong, so why not take a guess?

I don't think we're 'reducing ourselves' any by debating the merits of a poll on a fanboard. I think we're having productive discussion which is a good way to pass the time until the next Kings game.

Just a couple comments.

First off, to those upset about me posting a poll... good grief.

Obviously we can't know for sure what will happen, that's why it's called predicting and not declaring.

But we pretty much know where we will be in playoffs, we know we will play Spurs and Suns if we make it to rounds 2 and 3 and we know its either Mavs or Sonics in round 1.

But if y'all want to argue, feel free :)