Houston vs. Dallas - Game 4

Another good game between these two Texas teams. Rockets up 5 in the 4th quarter after scoring 6 straight points with 9 minutes to go. Yao just picked up his 5th foul. Dirk having another subpar game for him with 16 points and 4 boards to this point. TMac with 34.

Edit: only two Rockets in double figures -- TMac and Yao (who has 18).

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
4cwebb said:
Another good game between these two Texas teams. Rockets up 5 in the 4th quarter after scoring 6 straight points with 9 minutes to go. Yao just picked up his 5th foul. Dirk having another subpar game for him with 16 points and 4 boards to this point. TMac with 34.

Edit: only two Rockets in double figures -- TMac and Yao (who has 18).
Dang! I forgot all about the game. I forgot that on weekends the games start earlier. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully I can catch the last couple of minutes.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I am heartily and totally sick of Mark Cuban. He's up to his old tricks and sent some strongly worded opinions to the league office and THEN leaked them to the media. His tattle-tale mentality is an embarrassment to the game of basketball.

GO ROCKETS!!!!!

5 minutes left. Rockets up 88 - 82. Mavs shooting 2 of 10 in the 4th, so I expect them to make a push here to end the game. TMac now with 36 on 23 shots. Rockets were in this position in the last game, so it will be interesting to see if they can hit their shots in this 4th quarter, or whether they will go cold like they did last game.

Still can't believe how poorly Dirk is playing in these playoffs --- he is usually a statistical stud in the playoffs, but this year he is just basically an above-average player, with the exception of Game 3.

VF21 said:
I am heartily and totally sick of Mark Cuban. He's up to his old tricks and sent some strongly worded opinions to the league office and THEN leaked them to the media. His tattle-tale mentality is an embarrassment to the game of basketball.

GO ROCKETS!!!!!
I haven't searched around the internet --- where did you find the leaks?

4cwebb said:
Still can't believe how poorly Dirk is playing in these playoffs --- he is usually a statistical stud in the playoffs, but this year he is just basically an above-average player, with the exception of Game 3.
Dirk just missed another layup, but at least he's bumped his rebounding up in this 4th quarter.

Neither team playing offense particularly well at this point. Score's been locked at 88-82 for some time...until Jason Terry knocks in a three pointer. 88 - 85 Rockets.

TMac with a turnover now. Rockets in full meltdown mode at this point, and the Dallas radio guys are stating that TMac looks dog tired.

Finley with a jumper to give the Mavs 7 points in a row and a one-point lead at 89 - 88.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
6th - He sent multiple game tapes to the league to point out ... something. My brain cells ceased functioning at about the time they went on and on about him. All I remember is them quoting him as saying he will be more than happy to pay any fines if he has to... blah, blah, blah.
--------------------------------------------------
DAMN YOU, FINLEY!!!!

Mavs now with 9 in a row after Finley hits another jumper. Rockets down 3 with less than a minute left.

TMac bricks a three, Yao with a board and he's fouled on a putback attempt. Dampier fouls out of the game.

Rockets have, to this point, had two golden opportunities to win games on their home floor, and in both 4th quarters have choked leads away. If Rockets don't somehow pull a win out of the hat tonight, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Mavs win the next two games.

Yao makes both, so Mavs up 1 with 48 seconds left.

Crazy Mavs' possession results in a three from Jason Terry, who now has 32 points for the game. Mavs up 94-90 (nice jinx I put on the Rockets by starting this thread, heh?), 26 seconds left. Timeout Rockets. Dallas on a 12-2 run.

TMac hasn't done squat in this last 8 minutes of this 4th quarter, btw.

12.5 seconds left. Stackhouse has made the first free throw, missed the second free throw, and TMac loses the basketball out of bounds after getting the rebound. *cough, chokers, cough*

Dirk to the line with 6 seconds left for two free throws. Makes both, Mavs up 97-93.

Dallas does it again in the 4th quarter, locking Houston up to end the game and erasing a Rocket lead. Props to the Mavs for gutting out two wins in Houston after forfeiting the homecourt advantage they worked so hard for over the regular season.

TMac, I know the series isn't over, but after the last two games when you haven't taken over in the 4th like your team needed you to, maybe 2006 will be the year when you finally win a playoff series and break out of your KG-like funk.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Oh, dang, that is at least one more game with Cuban.

::6th tries hard not to barf::

Edit: ::6th loses::.............urrp

Dallas regains the home-court advantage,

Huston was poor from 3 pt line and in defending 3pt shooting from the other end.

big time turnover killed them, yao only had 7 attempts, too many tough shoots...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Evilmav2 said:
Hahahaha...

Don't call it a comeback...
You know I like you, Evilmav2... and I actually like LLCoolJ, too.

But if I ever actually hack up my spleen, it will be the fault of your team's owner. He is obnoxious, supercilious, arrogant and ... well, I think you get the idea.

;)

I'm so depressed today :( First the Bulls get man handled by a scrub (etan thomas) and blown out, then the Rox choke and give the momentum back to the mavs.....

I hope the Kings can cheer me up tomorrow :)

Rockets have given away their opportunities to win the last two games, especially game 4 with Dirk having another poor game (by his playoff standards). Mavs have just made the plays in the 4th quarter to win games that they needed to win.