Houston laying the Smacketh Down...

I am.. Wow Houston came ready to play! I hope they can keep this up the whole game. & Swoopes with 9 ast in the first half! sheew, she might be the 1st player in the WNBA to have a triple double in a playoff game:D Swooooopes!

I caught this at halftime on the webcast...soooooooooooooooooo, I guess this is what it looks like when you have 4 Olympians and players and coaches who have 4 WNBA rings.

Swoopes numbers tonight are ridiculous.......

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
And why aren't you in chat?
Uhhhhh.....because I lost it while you were underway (when I purchased a new computer)? I shall try and find my way there, Mr Slim.

Wow! I certainly wasn't expecting this when I sat down to watch this one!

Sheryl Swoopes has been amazing so far! Houston is playing a perfect game right now, everyone is involved. Team ball. Sound familiar? They look scary good right now. I like it.

Houston and Sacramento, it's gonna be good!

I have been watching!!! Unbelivable. I was for sure that Seattle was going to take care of business. It seems that when Lennox returned, their chemestry suffered.

Congratulations Houston!! Let's get it on Thursday!!

Mr. 4Play...congratulations to you as well...I will be looking forward to hearing you on Monarchs Talk next week to accept accolades for your early season prediction of a Sacramento Houston Western Conference Finals. :)

I would have never Believed that Houston Could have won 2 in Seattle.

But I did predict the Comets would win the series. But when they lost game 1???

I am Stunned... Really Stunned.
What the Hell happened to Seattle???

Great win...

Would have had a challenge either way, nobody was going to lay down and let the Monarchs march through the Western side of the bracket. LA made them think hard in this series too. They were going to have to make their way through teams who held 7 of the 8 titles this league has dished out. Nothing about that spells cake walk, especially given the hungriness that the WCF brings out.

I'm still not sure what exactly happened to Seattle, but it seems like Donovan was worried about how they would come out in game 3 and it appears that she had good reason to because they really didn't show up tonight.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
All things being equal, and with all due respect to the four-time champion Comets, I feel a lot better about the prospect of Brunson having to match up with Thompson than I did about her having to match up with Jackson.

Wow! I just got home and caught the score on the ticker. I never would have thought Houston (or anyone) would take two from Seattle at home. On one hand, I was looking forward to playing Seattle and avenging last year (and not having to travel so far). On the other hand, well, there is no other hand. Houston has talent and experience. It should be a good series. If the Monarchs pack their "A" game, they can hopefully steal one on the road.

Oh wait, I did think of an "on-the-other-hand" --- the Houston fans are nicer (than some of the Seattle fans).

:eek: Why did I think this series was still on game 2? :confused:

Congrats Comets.....Oh, so sad Seattle. Couldn't have happened to a nicer group

In any case, I like the way we match up against Hou than we did vs. Sea (Plus that means I get to hear some more Van Chancelor interviews. :D). The series will be good, no denying that. Two very formidable teams who are very well coached. Did a mention that I love playoff basketall?

Last edited:
I didn't watch the gamecast, but I just found out about it at a sports bar and noticed the horizontal-crawl score ticker on ESPN News, which indicated the Houston Comets beating Seattle handily. I don't recall the score, but it wasn't close.

My first impressions and reaction at the time were: "WHAT? Seattle won the first game in Houston, despite Seattle's bad road-game record. And then they lose two games in a row at their home court?"

Seattle is a very strong home court team, so I was pretty stunned about this. I had not yet heard about Swoopes game stats, since the score ticker just showed the score but not details.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if this is the first time in a WNBA playoff series where the road team won every game?

Congrats to 4Play and SORF! This is going to be a great series, the kind the league must smack its lips over. You can't get two better teams to play for the Conference championship.

The same thing is going on over in the East, too. Oh yeah! We got it goin' on!

GO MONARCHS!!! GET IT DONE!!!

Now that some of the shock of last night's Storm loss has worn off, I can only hope the Monarchs take care of business against Houston.

Having been at the Cal vs Sac State football game yesterday, I wouldn't make any assumptions until the final horn. Injuries, turnovers, luck, and the magic of the moment make anything possible.

With that said, GO MONARCHS!

Any word on DeMya's health?

Monty'sBiggestFan said:
Congratulations Houston!! Let's get it on Thursday!!

Mr. 4Play...congratulations to you as well...I will be looking forward to hearing you on Monarchs Talk next week to accept accolades for your early season prediction of a Sacramento Houston Western Conference Finals. :)

Like he really needs an ego boost:p