Hield and Simmons

Just a random shower trade thought.

Buddy + Marvin (+ 2021 1st to leverage more) for Ben Simmons?

Morey and McNair are close friends (according to some podcast I remember listening to).

Alternate fantasy scenario, would you do it?

I think anything short of giving up the backcourt dynamic duo is a win for me.

As much as Ben Simmons was exposed in this Playoffs, he's still a multi-talented oversized wing who's 24 years old. Personally, if I was the Sixers I'd much rather be spending millions on finding a sports psychiatrist and anything in between to work with Ben all summer before I'd look at selling him low right now.

I'm just here using Buddy as the bait (especially since Tobias Harris, one of their most lethal 3 point shooters had been underperforming) to see how much the Sixers think they can stay in win-now mode, with more or less the same setup, with Embiid.

It's not enough. They won't trade Simmons for our garbage and a 1st. Simmons has way more value than most Kings fans want to admit to themselves.

They're in win-now around Embiid. Getting an overpaid role player, a developmental big and a draft pick isn't going to line up with their time line.

I think the only way Ben Simmons ends up in a Kings uniform is if Fox is involved in the trade (I'm not advocating that he should be).

It's not enough. They won't trade Simmons for our garbage and a 1st. Simmons has way more value than most Kings fans want to admit to themselves.

They're in win-now around Embiid. Getting an overpaid role player, a developmental big and a draft pick isn't going to line up with their time line.

I think the only way Ben Simmons ends up in a Kings uniform is if Fox is involved in the trade (I'm not advocating that he should be).
Yeah, a potential Kings trade for Simmons only makes sense from both sides if Fox goes to Philly.

For the Sixers because I don't think they'd accept anything less and for the Kings because pairing two ball dominant, poor shooting players makes no sense. Well, Fox is a below average but improving shooter. Simmons is a non-shooter.

But the point is, I think Fox & Simmons are an even worse pairing than Simmons & Embiid even though all three are talented players.

Simmons' huge, glaring flaw means you really have to build around him in a specific way.

He's arguably a better player than Fox and you'd have to consider a del's but I'd rather ride with the kid who wants to be here.

Most of us like this trade cuz it seems skewed in our favor cuz some of us pick out all the flaws in our players and look past the flaws in the other. How do you know some sixers fans aren’t thinking trade their “pg” who is too scared to shoot and is horrible at ft and 3pt for a 3 pt champion, former #2 pick and this years first rounder? They don’t watch all our games to see all the details and we don’t watch all the sixers games or know what’s going on behind the scenes with simmons. It’s not like we’re offering Justin James, Kyle guy and a whiteside sign and trade for simmons. I believe I’ve read what OP is offering stated as a possibility along with simmons for Kemba and simmons for McCollum. Though it’s not likely, it’s not totally out of the question or a conversation starter.

Most of us like this trade cuz it seems skewed in our favor cuz some of us pick out all the flaws in our players and look past the flaws in the other. How do you know some sixers fans aren’t thinking trade their “pg” who is too scared to shoot and is horrible at ft and 3pt for a 3 pt champion, former #2 pick and this years first rounder? They don’t watch all our games to see all the details and we don’t watch all the sixers games or know what’s going on behind the scenes with simmons. It’s not like we’re offering Justin James, Kyle guy and a whiteside sign and trade for simmons. I believe I’ve read what OP is offering stated as a possibility along with simmons for Kemba and simmons for McCollum. Though it’s not likely, it’s not totally out of the question or a conversation starter.
if we can somehow turn that first rounder into DeRozan going to Philly - this trade gets really interesting.

I dont think simmons has much value to the 76ers or many other teams after his dismal performances in the playoffs. He is terrible in the playoffs. As much as Paul. George has been killed over his career for being Playoff or Pandemic P, Playoff B is far far worse. He has averaged 8 shots per game despite hitting 62% of his field goals. He has shot an NBA HISTORY worst 32% from the FT. He was zero help at any level for the 76ers mostly because he couldnt stay on the floor. And despite his and Thybull's vaunted defense, Trae excoriated them for 29/10 for the series, despite Simmons having 9 inches on him, so his defense while spectacular will only take him so far.

I think the Buddy/Bagley deal (especially with a 1st in this years draft - which frankly i think the deal should get done without the first otherwise its too expensive) is a better then they are going to get in most other spots. It leaves them an MLE which they can use to try and get a reasonable PG like Lonzo who may actually be a better fit for this team.

Then good luck to them. It's like having the 1st pick in a garbage draft, at some point reality comes creeping in. One year that pick could be LeBron or Carmelo Anthony. Another year it's Anthony Bennett or Cody Zeller. 15 6 and 6 ain't getting you a superstar return package unless you find another team completely desperate for change.

Yes. steelevt gets me. :p

I mean, to be fair, it is a huge gamble on the Kings' end to lose a 40%+ 3 point shooter (not to mention who'd always willingly give you 120% effort either he plays well or not, and had displayed an urgency in help defense), and a big man who still has high potential and had made improvements on his 3s for someone who, albeit is the reigning 1st NBA All-defensive team member, was too shook to even try and had his teammate and head coach scratching their heads on how to fix it.

To me, this mirrors some of what C-Webb was like when he came.

Don't forget, McNair and Morey are great friends. :eek::p

I think 76er wants more than that. One possibility is if 76ers can convince Lowry to join, we can work out a 3 way trade with Raptors. Therefore, 76ers will get Lowry+buddy+picks and maybe bagley for Simmons. Raptors will get couple 2nd round picks.

I'm sure the 76ers want more but I'll be shocked if they get anything resembling fair trade - but the other team also risks that Simmons continues regressing and they are stuck with his contract. Philly either commits to "fixing" him or they are basically just getting out of the contract without paying for the privilege.

Incidentally, they tried to fix Fultz and that went swimmingly well.

Yes. steelevt gets me. :p

I mean, to be fair, it is a huge gamble on the Kings' end to lose a 40%+ 3 point shooter (not to mention who'd always willingly give you 120% effort either he plays well or not, and had displayed an urgency in help defense), and a big man who still has high potential and had made improvements on his 3s for someone who, albeit is the reigning 1st NBA All-defensive team member, was too shook to even try and had his teammate and head coach scratching their heads on how to fix it.

To me, this mirrors some of what C-Webb was like when he came.

Don't forget, McNair and Morey are great friends. :eek::p
I made the C-Webb comparison a while back.

Differing situations, but similar in other regards. Webb wasn’t yet the star he became in SAC and was a poor FT shooter and underperformer.

Like Webb, Simmons is a 5-star talent. The KINGS should always take chances on a players like them.

The issue is the player development. They screwed the pooch with simmons, fultz, and okafur. They dont develop players well (not that the Kings do). I agree with trying to swing a 3 way deal with toronoto to do a S/T for lowry

Kings get Simmons

Raptors get Kings 1st (this year or preferably next year-top 5 protected) and 76ers 1st (this year)-giving the 2 1sts this and next year.

76ers get Lowry, Buddy and Bagley.

Simmons would need to play 3 or 4.

The issue is the player development. They screwed the pooch with simmons, fultz, and okafur. They dont develop players well (not that the Kings do). I agree with trying to swing a 3 way deal with toronoto to do a S/T for lowry

Kings get Simmons

Raptors get Kings 1st (this year or preferably next year-top 5 protected) and 76ers 1st (this year)-giving the 2 1sts this and next year.

76ers get Lowry, Buddy and Bagley.

Simmons would need to play 3 or 4.
Doesn’t work on trade machine unless buddy and bagley go to Toronto

The issue is the player development. They screwed the pooch with simmons, fultz, and okafur. They dont develop players well (not that the Kings do).
While their track record of drafting the past 10 years has been dreadful, the player development in recent years hasn’t been bad IMO. Not tops in the league by any stretch, but they’ve shown some ability to develop players.

I think Swipa has shown steady progress. JJ didn’t play much this season, but when he did late in the season he certainly flashed. Metu is another that looks to be panning out a bit. Woodard seems to be coming along too.

Recon I can get behind a trade for Simmons if it excludes Fox and Tyrese. Think we would need to source another shooter though if Buddy, Bagley, and the 9th goes.
I really dislike giving up that draft pick.
I know, and I hate it too. But I'm willing to give up more for Ben Simmons. I'm willing to give up anyone not named Fox and Haliburton for such a 5-star talent even without him fixing his shots.

It is simply a much better gamble than venturing into the draft to find someone at the 9th who might or might not (more than likely not) be as good as Simmons without a shot.

Ok here is a wild trade. It is based upon Wizards Blowing up the team and making a separate trade for Beal

Kings Get: Simmons, Gary Clark
Philly Gets: Russell Westbrook
Wizards Gets: Buddy,Bagley,Grant Hill, Kings #9, Philly !st

Ok here is a wild trade. It is based upon Wizards Blowing up the team and making a separate trade for Beal

Kings Get: Simmons, Gary Clark
Philly Gets: Russell Westbrook
Wizards Gets: Buddy,Bagley,Grant Hill, Kings #9, Philly !st
We’ll definitely three teams that could use to shake it up.
I’m pointing out the obvious, but George not Grant. Now Grant was at least one good pro out of Duke anyways.