Help GSW get Howard?(split)

I wonder if they would be willing to give up Barnes for the space to get Howard? we will take boguts huge contract along with Barnes and give them Jimmer and Ppat in return
They are trying to clear space, why would they take back players? I would take Bogut and Barnes ASAP though.

I wonder if they would be willing to give up Barnes for the space to get Howard? we will take boguts huge contract along with Barnes and give them Jimmer and Ppat in return
So the warriors can do what?! No thanks

That team would be scary good. Pretty much Orlando on steroids, because not only is Curry one hell of a shooter, he can create for himself and for everyone else. That's the last thing I wanna see

Entity

Hall of Famer
They are trying to clear space, why would they take back players? I would take Bogut and Barnes ASAP though.
we don't have the cap space to take both and I don't want just bogut. maybe we take richard Jefferson and Barnes for nothing back then amnesty Salmons. eeeeehhhh I am wasting my time. they def aren't giving up Barnes not even for howard.

we don't have the cap space to take both and I don't want just bogut. maybe we take richard Jefferson and Barnes for nothing back then amnesty Salmons. eeeeehhhh I am wasting my time. they def aren't giving up Barnes not even for howard.
We have space if we get rid of Salmons, no?

So the warriors can do what?! No thanks

That team would be scary good. Pretty much Orlando on steroids, because not only is Curry one hell of a shooter, he can create for himself and for everyone else. That's the last thing I wanna see
Dwight and Curry both on our division rivals *shiver* Oh man, don't even let me THINK about that......I'm going to have nightmares.....

I think we can get Bogut for Jimmer and Fish.

They can probably clear Bogut maybe to Cleveland. But the hard part is dumping RJ, Beidrins or Lee. The expiring RJ or Beans needs to have something to make it work. I would want Harrison Barnes to take on one of those guys. Lee has a hefty contract running to the end of 2016 season and about 45 million left. I would avoid Lee myself.

Admittedly, I'm not one of those guys who thinks Howard walks on water. I think he is anti-chemistry. Even if he helps the Warriors take it to the next level, we need young stud players.

Listen, anything that will facilitate the Lakers sucking *** for the next decade (no quality young talent, kobe retiring) I'm all in for. Hell I'd take on some bad salary to see it

I'd love Bogut. Not only because he's a fellow Aussie - He's a defensive giant.

Being that we're all screaming out for defense, i'd say he's exactly what we need.

I'm starting to feel like they like Salmons. is the Amnesty thing a long process, or something that can be done rather quickly? I feel like if we were going to go that route, we'd hear rumblings about it by now.

I'm starting to feel like they like Salmons. is the Amnesty thing a long process, or something that can be done rather quickly? I feel like if we were going to go that route, we'd hear rumblings about it by now.
The Kings have until July 17 to decide to amnesty Salmons

Taken from http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/05/amnesty-provision.html

Amnestied players are placed on waivers, but the waiver rules are slightly different than usual. A team can still place a full waiver claim on an amnestied player, if it doesn't mind being on the hook for the rest of the player's contract. However, a team also has the option to submit a partial waiver claim, in what essentially amounts to an auction for the player's services. If no team places a full claim, the team with the highest partial claim is awarded the player. If two teams bid the same amount, the club with the worse record wins out.

When a team lands a player with a partial claim, it must pay the player the amount of the bid, spread out evenly among the remaining years on the contract, along with 100% of any non-guaranteed salary in the contract. For instance, when Travis Outlaw was amnestied by the Nets with four years and $28MM remaining on his contract, the Kings submitted a $12MM bid. Sacramento will now pay Outlaw $3MM ($12MM spread over four years) for each of the next four seasons, while the Nets pay the remaining annual $4MM, which doesn't count against their cap.

The minimum amount a team can submit for a partial waiver claim is whichever of the following amounts is greater:

The sum of the player's minimum salary for all remaining years of his contract, except for non-guaranteed years.
The sum of the player's non-guaranteed salary in partially guaranteed years.

In the case of Outlaw, because he had no partially guaranteed years on his deal, the minimum bid for him would have been about $5.3MM -- the sum of his minimum salary for the next four years. Any team submitting a partial claim for an amnestied player must have the necessary cap space to fit the annual amount of its bid. For example, the Kings needed $3MM in cap space when they made their $12MM claim for Outlaw.

If an amnestied player is not claimed on waivers, he becomes a free agent, able to sign with any team except the one that released him. A club is ineligible to re-sign or re-acquire its amnestied player for the remainder of his contract (including ETO years, but not team- or player-option years).

Last edited:
Shoot.. If Petrie listened to Gary then the Kings would have had Barnes :(

Then we could have grabbed Lopez along with Greivis because we would have needed a backup pf/c (since we wouldn't have had PP)

Entity

Hall of Famer
I think we can get Bogut for Jimmer and Fish.
not they don't want anything back. they are looking for pure 13 mil salary dump to anybody with space. thats why i said force them to give up barnes. because very few team have space to take on 13 mil. we do with an amnesty or if they take a small one back in Jimmer then we can keep salmons as well. Salmons + Bogut 20.5 mil in expirings.

Entity

Hall of Famer
like i said before Atlanta and Dallas will be looking for roster filler. they only have 5-6 players on contract. those are the types of teams that would take on a Outlaw or Hayes. May have to give up Ppat if no takers on those 2. Jimmer gone would clear enough for us to take bogut and barnes outright with GS not having to take any salary back and then they could sign Howard.

If the Lakers refuse to do a sign and trade, the Warriors have to move Bogut, Jefferson, and Biedrins to sign Dwight. I think they will find a team, maybe Utah that will basically just take Bogut.

They don’t want to break up their 3 wing players, but they love Curry and Thompson and Lee is is a really good fit to play next to Dwight. And they can’t clear the Jefferson and Biedrins garbage without trading Barnes or Thompson. Barnes is reportedly on the table to LA, and they can't clear 20 million of garbage without him. So if Dwight says, I will sign to the Warriors Barnes is in play.

I think the Lakers cave and take Bogut / Barnes ect … but if they refuse or push back to hard, and Warriors have to go solo.

1. Amnesty Salmons

2. Kings take Barnes and pay one year of Jefferson and Biedrins – about 23 million in total salary – sending back just a protected 2nd round pick.

The Warriors probably can't do better without the Lakers, and I think it’s a great trade for the Kings.