Harry Giles article: By, Harry Giles

Kingster

Hall of Famer
That's really interesting, but I think a lot of players would test high in that type of setting lol. I don't see anyway he can guard SFs, but maybe just the slightest. Imagine having a 6'11 SF, 6'11 PF, and 7'0 C. Too much length for the opposing team to handle.
I don't think you understand. Elite for an NBA small forward, as in elite, as in superior, as in excellent as in outstanding as in not mediocre or average. ELITE, BABY!

Well, it was reported tonight that Giles has tested at an L.A. clinic with lateral foot speed of an elite NBA small forward. So if you have a guy who is 6'11", 245 with elite NBA small forward lateral foot speed I think think guarding SFs is within the realm of possibility.:)
He’s not guarding sf

I'd read into the Harry Giles SF elite lateral quickness more as he can switch off on smaller players and it's not a guaranteed basket for the opposing team.

The Kings will never win if they just keep trying to match other teams, they need to win their match ups. If Giles has that kind of quickness, you want it used against big men who don't have it. Not other SF's who can match him.

I'd read into the Harry Giles SF elite lateral quickness more as he can switch off on smaller players and it's not a guaranteed basket for the opposing team.

The Kings will never win if they just keep trying to match other teams, they need to win their match ups. If Giles has that kind of quickness, you want it used against big men who don't have it. Not other SF's who can match him.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that Giles play SF. More about him being able to switch on SFs defensively without it becoming a mismatch.

Christie is right on Giles knees that’s needs to be said.
He was hurt cause of contact and someone running into him not some non contact injury so it’s not his knees being bad and stuff like that just bad luck. So if he’s healthy now than it’s not gonna be oh when will the weak knees break again.

Love hearing how good of a passer he is could get Fox and Bogdan easy points off cuts.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
According to his teammates, he’s either a better version of the all-star glue guy on the best team in the league or the second coming of the best player in Sacramento Kings history.

This is reaching Quincy Douby draft workout levels of Kings lore.
The thing is players usually aren't the ones using hyperbole when comparing young guys to other players. The media are usually the ones who throw outlandish stuff out there. Like Bruno being the Brazilian KD.

Bogie's comments are my favorite:

Who he reminds him of:Chris Webber in best times, from my opinion from TV, I never played with him, but from TV and what I can see from Sacramento, Chris Webber. From other teams … he’s like better version of Draymond Green I’d say, because I think he’s stronger, he’s more athletic than Draymond … I’m telling you, you will see.”

Bogie is like the VF21 of the Kings :)

Conspiracy theory: What if the Kings are sitting Giles getting him healthy, pumping up his value so they can use him as a trade chip. A top 3 pick and a young player like and unknown Giles could fetch a good return. Move some contracts and go really hard at free agency.

Fox
Bogs
FA
Disgruntled Star
WCS

IMO it's an option to consider in the offseason. Sorry this may be the wrong thread for this.

Conspiracy theory: What if the Kings are sitting Giles getting him healthy, pumping up his value so they can use him as a trade chip. A top 3 pick and a young player like and unknown Giles could fetch a good return. Move some contracts and go really hard at free agency.

Fox
Bogs
FA
Disgruntled Star
WCS

IMO it's an option to consider in the offseason. Sorry this may be the wrong thread for this.
Other teams won't take Kings word for anything. If they were reluctant to draft him in the first place, they are not going to give up a farm now for the kid that hasn't stepped a foot on the NBA court

Other teams won't take Kings word for anything. If they were reluctant to draft him in the first place, they are not going to give up a farm now for the kid that hasn't stepped a foot on the NBA court
I agree teams wouldn't be giving up the farm for Giles but possibly would for the pick, Giles would be a sweetener. You never know what star could get disgruntled. No one really saw Irving wanting out. Just using him as an example but there have been reports that Leonard was/is unhappy (Low Key Cali guy BTW).

Vlade's goal is to make the playoffs next year. Although I think next season will be the make it or break it for him, I give him some credit. Kings will be in a position in the offseason to go in a couple different directions.

We shouldn’t expect him to be a star I’ll live with a good rebounding, passing, high motor bog off the bench.
When I consider the Kings needs moving forward I tend to leave him off the assets list. Not because I don't believe in him, but because I have no evidence of what he is/may be. I would be on cloud 9 if he becomes a shadow of the hype that's been thrown his way but this point, I just want to see him play basketball.

I agree teams wouldn't be giving up the farm for Giles but possibly would for the pick, Giles would be a sweetener. You never know what star could get disgruntled. No one really saw Irving wanting out. Just using him as an example but there have been reports that Leonard was/is unhappy (Low Key Cali guy BTW).

Vlade's goal is to make the playoffs next year. Although I think next season will be the make it or break it for him, I give him some credit. Kings will be in a position in the offseason to go in a couple different directions.
I don't believe Vlade ever said that next season is the year to make the play offs. He has always said that if we are not "better off" in two years time he will resign. Now the "better off" is a very subjective thing.

Joerger recently made it pretty clear on one of the radio interviews or podcasts (can't remember which one) that the plan is to keep developing and keep working with the kids next season. The season after its an expectation that we are playing around .500 ball and pushing for a play off spot. After that we will have a team tht is a perennial play off team and with a bit of luck can be a contender.

I am not sure where the "play offs" next season is coming from. Sure we don't have the pick in 2019 draft but it's been a pretty public knowledge that Kings are trying to get a pick in that draft to somewhat "off-set" the loss. Kings will play to win next season but no way they are a play off team. That is just wishful, unrealistic thinking.

Last edited:
I don't believe Vlade ever said that next season is the year to make the play offs. He has always said that if we are not "better off" in two years time he will resign. Now the "better off" is a very subjective thing.

Joerger recently made it pretty clear on one of the radio interviews or podcasts (can't remember which one) that the plan is to keep developing and keep working with the kids next season. The season after its an expectation that we are playing around .500 ball and pushing for a play off spot. After that we will have a team who is a perennial play off team and with a bit of luck can be a contender.

I am not sure where the "play offs" next season is coming from. Sure we don't have the pick in 2019 draft but it's been a pretty public knowledge that Kings are trying to get a pick in that draft to somewhat "off-set" the loss. Kings will play to win next season but no way they are a play off team. That is just wishful, unrealistic thinking.
Thanks for correcting me, you are correct Vlade said they would be better off not playoffs.

We shouldn’t expect him to be a star I’ll live with a good rebounding, passing, high motor bog off the bench.
We certainly shouldn't expect this from the kid, but hell, I have my hopes up. Blame the organization for building him up, but I'm expecting a second coming of Webber :)

On a slightly more serious note, we need him to become a star. If we are talking serious contention in a few years time, we need at least 3 all stars, and a decent supporting cast. With all the talk about Giles, I'm hoping he can be one (Fox and this year's hopefully high draft pick being the other two). I doubt we can attract an all star FA, but if we are anywhere close with 3 kids, we can attract another all star via FA/trade, or sign some good, productive vets to round out the roster.

Too too far ahead, I know, but ...