Green suspended for game 3

Not only that but they egged him on and laughed (including some of the coaches). Bad look for warriors organization.
The level of "class" shown by the Ws in this series has been breathtakingly disappointing.

Saw someone post somewhere - a Ws fan actually on twitter I believe - that apparently it was Kerr who was a merchant of Brown, not the other way around - evidenced by how out coached Kerr has been this series. Let me see if I can find that tweet... very good salt...

Last edited:
I can see why this comparison is drawn - but Dennis Rodman is nothing like Drugmound IMO. Rodman has is quirks/issues - but he has good heart. He's a guy you want to root for. Drugmound I'd be reluctant to root for. I reject the notion that he's the type of guy "you love when he's on your team but hate on the other team". I'd be ashamed if he was on the Kings. Also - he's overrated, and past his prime. I wouldn't trade Kessler Edwards or anyone north of Kess on our roster for Drugmound Green.

They both play bigger than their listed height - but that's exactly where the comparison stops.

Rodman had or once had fairly high IQ it seems, at times distorted due to drug abuse. He went to North Korea several times and didn't make a fool of himself to get into some actual substantive talks with "Dear Leader." Draymond acts more foolishly and childishly let's just say in actual NBA game.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Draymond being considered the gritty heart of a championship dynasty while Dennis Rodman has somehow largely been relegated to wacky dumb guy whose repeated antics were a total distraction from the greatness of his teammates who totally didn’t need him anyways is so weird to me.

Both guys are among the greatest role players of all time and both guys engaged in more than their fair share of hijinks (although I don’t think any of Rodman’s antics ever wound up hurting his team as much as Draymond getting suspended for kicking Lebron in the balls during the 3-1 finals series did) but somehow Draymond largely gets a pass? Maybe it’s just the hair and sexual fluidity?
In his dreams Draymond Green thinks he's Dennis Rodman. In reality he's Rick Mahorn.

Rodman had or once had fairly high IQ it seems, at times distorted due to drug abuse. He went to North Korea several times and didn't make a fool of himself to get into some actual substantive talks with "Dear Leader." Draymond acts more foolishly and childishly let's just say in actual NBA game.
I was actually impressed by this. Just one weird guy relating to another - and if it lessened the likelihood Dear Leader would nuke us - I saw zero wrong with that. Rodman held is own on the international stage. He's a good man and meant well.

Bingo. I spent the day listening to Warriors radio - they are painfully aware of their lack of size. W/o Drugmound... Sabonis is set up to go off. Will be VERY interesting to see how he responds in game three.
Haha I did too... If any of you wondering how fanatic can a fanbase be to see an assault and called it "acting", this is how it sounded like: (exact time stamp when their "rant" begins)

(WARNING: Watch it only if you are ready to get mad)

I am guessing that the fact that Dear Leader and Dennis couldn't understand each other may have helped a great deal.
Apparently Dear Leader is the Korean version of a super sheltered super rich kid who grew up in the 90s playing nintendo and watching the Jordan/Rodman/Pippen Bulls - except then inherited a dictatorship. Basically - he just wanted an autographed jersey and to meet an idol.

We live in a strange world.

Draymond Green, an athlete who trained his whole life in basketball, decided that none of his basketball skills is enough to stop Sabonis so he had to resort to stomping.

Steve Kerr, the sanctimonious SoB of a head coach, decided to hide from the controversy JUST BECAUSE he needed every able body in the team to compete with us.

The worst of all will have to be Mr. Klay Thompson, who dares blame the victim saying that it is Sabonis' fault first to justify the heinous action afterward. I bet after the last decade, I don't have to tell you how despicable an act it is to "blame the victim for causing the violence act".

It means that they are scared sh*tless.

We just need to keep our poise and stomp (pun intended) on their metaphorical throats in Game 3 and 4, do not let these sanctimonious scums walk away clean. Stomp them out at their home and let them clean themselves up.

its not just the Warriors fans believe it or not. I listened to parts of several National shows today (Eisen, Dan Patrick and more) and the consensus was Sabonis was mostly at fault, flopped, faked injury and Green was selfish and an idiot. Almost none of them thought the stomp was a big deal. It was mostly funny to them.
I heard all that nonsense. Honestly, it really showed me how dumb relatively smart people can be.

To really believe that Domas "knew exactly what he was doing" (a comment I heard countless times from reputable media personalities) when he realistically couldn't have known in that split second whose feet were in prime position to kick his face is maddening.

IMO many observers struggle to separate slow motion replays with reality. They get the benefit of seeing the replay numerous times, often slowed way down, and think these players had all day to come up with a plan. As I pointed out multiple times already with Sabonis, his back was to Draymond and the amount of time it took for him to spin to the floor and land next to him was far too quick for him to do anything but instinctively protect his head.

Another thing discrediting these media pundits and their flawed takes is the fact that Domas was pounded on most the game up to that point, with impunity no less, and had been hit in the jaw earlier in the game. That was shown on the TV coverage. So it's not like Domas' "excuse" of protecting himself came out of thin air.

I'm quite certain that 95% of the people asserting to know Domas' motives would have done the exact same thing given the same circumstances. Meaning, they'd have attempted to cover up to not get kicked in the head with no intent to grab a leg.

Bunch of hypocrites.

Dennis Rodman was a much better overall player than Green.
Rodman was the superior rebounder, for sure. And probably was the more versatile defender due to being taller, longer and the better athlete.

But Dray is the FAR superior play maker with a much higher IQ offensively.

Honestly, I'd argue that, in his prime, Dray impacts both ends more than Rodman did. Dennis was largely a liability offensively aside from setting screens and securing offensive rebounds/tips (which he was phenomenal at).

I don't think the Warriors offense would have been near as lethal with prime Rodman in their lineup over prime Dray. And their defense was still damned good.

Conversely, you place prime Dray on those 1996-1998 Bulls teams, their offense is MUCH more versatile and dynamic. They lose rebounding, but defensively they are still a nightmare with Dray, MJ and Pippen. WOW.

Just how I see it.

Last edited:
While this was certainly deserved and I’m glad the NBA made the right decision, Game 3 will still be very tough. This is an absolute MUST WIN for GSW and I expect big games from Curry and Klay. Their role players will play better at home. Their defense may taper off but they will be playing better offensively for sure.

Was kinda hoping he didnt get suspended so we could beat them straight up. Now this is what many will remember. What he did was excessive tho so I understand.

I mean if you grabbed my ankle during some game I might step on you too, ngl, I think anyone whos played ball long enough vs decent competition has had situations where players go after your lower body, though zaza pachulia/bruce bowen style undercutting is most common.. but Draymond loading up full force to stomp hard as he could like that is a different story and a bad look... Him barking at the crowd right afterwards, another bad look, ya knew in that moment it was only gonna make his situation worse n I'm sure it did.

As far as setting an example goes, the NBA did the right thing, you dont want all the younger generations/ballers seeing that type of unsportsmanlike action go unpunished.

As for its affect on game 3;

Looney staying out of foul trouble is now way more important.. It'd seem Sabonis can hurt them even more now..

Kuminga's now in a position to have all the opportunity for a big game.. He's obviously the next man up, and while he hasnt done much in the first 2 games he's plenty capable. Figures there's more opportunity for Wiggins to be played at PF.

Will this result in more steals for the Kings? We've been pesky enough in the first 2 games, were jumping passing lanes, is this gonna result in less crisp passing from the Warriors? you'd think so but I mean if they come out n play their game it might not be.

Can we demoralize them easier now? What happens if we can really jump on them early? Obviously they'll still go down swinging, they are the defending champs.

If we win this game 3, which is ofc a big 'if' that means we'd have the opportunity to sweep them on their homecourt.. crazy.. I really hope this is the game Threegan Murray shows up, would be timely.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Was kinda hoping he didnt get suspended so we could beat them straight up. Now this is what many will remember. What he did was excessive tho so I understand.

I mean if you grabbed my ankle during some game I might step on you too, ngl, I think anyone whos played ball long enough vs decent competition has had situations where players go after your lower body, though zaza pachulia/bruce bowen style undercutting is most common.. but Draymond loading up full force to stomp hard as he could like that is a different story and a bad look... Him barking at the crowd right afterwards, another bad look, ya knew in that moment it was only gonna make his situation worse n I'm sure it did.

Looney staying out of foul trouble in game 3 for them is now way more important.. It'd seem Sabonis can hurt them even more now..

Also Kuminga is now in a position to have all the opportunity for a big game.. He's obviously the next man up, and while he hasnt done much in the first 2 games he's plenty capable. Figures there's more opportunity for Wiggins to be played at PF.

Will this result in more steals for the Kings? We've been pesky enough in the first 2 games, were jumping passing lanes, is this gonna result in less crisp passing from the Warriors? you'd think so but I mean if they come out n play their game it might not be.
The thing about Kuminga is he’s been unplayable bad for the Warriors on defense. People keep pointing at Steph’s on/off numbers but those minutes often coincide with when Kuminga is in the game and getting absolutely torched on switches and getting lost on help.

Offensively he’ll probably be a bigger threat for the Warriors based purely on his ability to actually score at the rim with the ball in his hands but he’s nowhere near Dray’s level as a hub for their motion offense and his lack of a consistent perimeter shot certainly isn’t going to help their spacing. (Len was pretty much leaving the guy wide open on the perimeter all game and freely playing goalie because no one cares if he took that shot or not). Also feels like Kerr would rather go super small with Wiggins/Payton/DDV/Klay/Curry instead of playing Kuminga whenever Looney isn’t in the game.

Even if you conclude that Sabonis “grabbed” his leg on purpose—which is a tenuous claim—that happens all the time in the NBA. It’s rightly called a personal foul or a technical… unless you’re Draymond, ironically, who gets away with it pretty frequently.

Stomping on someone’s chest is NOT common. And if it happened anywhere but an NBA court, it would qualify as assault and battery. The one-game suspension is very anemic, in my opinion.

And the national media narrative is bizarre. For what reason are they falling in line with this embarrassingly absurd premise that Draymond was “protecting himself” from evil old Sabonis?

The thing about Kuminga is he’s been unplayable bad for the Warriors on defense. People keep pointing at Steph’s on/off numbers but those minutes often coincide with when Kuminga is in the game and getting absolutely torched on switches and getting lost on help.

Offensively he’ll probably be a bigger threat for the Warriors based purely on his ability to actually score at the rim with the ball in his hands but he’s nowhere near Dray’s level as a hub for their motion offense and his lack of a consistent perimeter shot certainly isn’t going to help their spacing. (Len was pretty much leaving the guy wide open on the perimeter all game and freely playing goalie because no one cares if he took that shot or not). Also feels like Kerr would rather go super small with Wiggins/Payton/DDV/Klay/Curry instead of playing Kuminga whenever Looney isn’t in the game.
Kuminga's barely played.. 4 and 10 minutes, not very reliable sample sizes... He's taken a total of 2 3's, so if he made one of them he's a shooter and since he missed them both he's not consistent? Is Consistent really an appropriate word choice when discussing 2 attempts?

67 games played this season shooting 37% from 3 on 2.2 attempts per. He shot 44% from 3 in March and even higher in the few regular season games in April.

Len also has no choice in the matter, its not some 200iq decsison he's made, him running out to the perimeter to check Kuminga is the equivielant of rolling the red carpets out for them in the paint.

The other option of course is to move Wiggins to PF and let Moses Moody play more, who was plenty effective in his minutes last night.

I understand the suspension but I prefer to watch the teams at full strength and Sabonis was super sneaking by grabbing his leg and winning the mental warfare (I think he did Milk it very wisely, Sabonis is a bull you could jump from the top of the arena on him and he'd be fine) battle by keeping his composure while Green lashed out. I would have preferred a massive fine plus it adds more fire to the series but it is what it is he's gotten away with way to much. I always respect a good troll job and Sabonis got him if Robert Horry is allowed to win a series with a hip check on Nash, Sabonis can help win one with a leg grab.

I think the other Green will get most the minutes JaMichael.

Not surprised by the level of suspension, pretty much what most expected I’d say. Should have been more but this series has probably been a gold mine for the NBA and they don’t want to put the warriors in a tough spot by not having Green for a potential close out game 4. Let’s stay focused on the job at hand which is game 3. They are going to come out with haymakers. They are down a guy, down in the series, and find themselves in unfamiliar territory. They have nothing to lose and they will fight like it. Withstand the early blows and grind them down.