[Grades] Grades v. Wizards 3/30/2016

.....It's ALWAYS someone else's fault. After years and years of the same story, maybe you should take a look in the mirror?

How about the ref make the call and you don't sarcastically clap in his face?

How about the ref make the call and you calmly go back to work like Duncan would have?

Cousins and Rondo: Grow up, shut the hell up and just play ball. You'd think they know better by now.

I'm done with them.
I was with you right up until Duncan......then you lost me. LOL

.....It's ALWAYS someone else's fault. After years and years of the same story, maybe you should take a look in the mirror?

How about the ref make the call and you calmly go back to work like Duncan would have?

Cousins and Rondo: Grow up, shut the hell up and just play ball. You'd think they know better by now.

I'm done with them.

well... yeah Duncan gets upset.. as does every player.. that wasn't my point. but there's no way you can compare what Cousins and Rondo do and how they behave to Duncan. My point was that the best know when to stop.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
well... yeah Duncan gets upset.. as does every player.. that wasn't my point. but there's no way you can compare what Cousins and Rondo do and how they behave to Duncan. My point was that the best know when to stop.
I sure hope you don't expect or want Cousins to act like Tim Duncan, do you? No body is as stone faced as he has been through out the last decade. Cousins has his own way of complaining, he's working at it. Stability I think will do wonders for him. If he is here long enough for that happen.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I sure hope you don't expect or want Cousins to act like Tim Duncan, do you? No body is as stone faced as he has been through out the last decade. Cousins has his own way of complaining, he's working at it. Stability I think will do wonders for him. If he is here long enough for that happen.
I wonder how winning with a good coach will change the thing that causes people to ignore Boogie's immense basketball skills; his demeanor. There are probably many people who have a nicer demeanor. I cannot, however, think of a player who can stop him on the court.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I'm done with them.
How about the ref doesn't make the call from clear across the court and some 45 feet away when the other two officials were actually in position to make a call correctly?

There was nothing good about this on any side. Rondo was stupid, Cousins was stupid, the official was stupid. Let's at least be consistent in assigning blame...as there's more than enough to go around.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Of course it has. I honestly don't understand why any Kings fan with an ounce of sanity would even listen.
The show isn't just about trading Cousins, and right now, Carmichael Dave is on the show with Grant. You know even if Grant didn't want to talk about Cousins, he wouldn't have much choice. Just about every caller wants to talk about Cousins suspension. In my humble opinion, this isn't about whether the ref made a stupid decision (I wouldn't have made that call) it's about Cousins and Rondo making stupid decisions. You can't mock a ref and not expect a technical.

As a side note, Carmichael Dave said he was sitting right where the ref was standing for most of the game during timeouts, and that Rondo was riding him constantly throughout the game, so he probably already had a short fuse. Rondo was calling out the ref by name and telling him to wake up and get his head in the game. The ref's take a lot of verbal abuse that most of us never hear.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As a side note, Carmichael Dave said he was sitting right where the ref was standing for most of the game during timeouts, and that Rondo was riding him constantly throughout the game, so he probably already had a short fuse. Rondo was calling out the ref by name and telling him to wake up and get his head in the game. The ref's take a lot of verbal abuse that most of us never hear.
I believe that part was in reference to when the kid ran on the court during a free throw to get something he had dropped. (I read it on Twitter.)

If Rondo was riding Davis the whole game, then Davis should have t'd him up over that ... not when there was only 6 seconds left.

Nope not at all. I expect him to be a professional and stop the crap he's done for the last 6 years. IMO we've waited long enough for him to "work on it."

How about the ref doesn't make the call from clear across the court and some 45 feet away when the other two officials were actually in position to make a call correctly?

There was nothing good about this on any side. Rondo was stupid, Cousins was stupid, the official was stupid. Let's at least be consistent in assigning blame...as there's more than enough to go around.
My frustration isn't with this isolated incident. This crap is stuff Cousins and Rondo have done consistently over their entire careers.

In street clothes too!
Hey I can handle 2 clips over the course of a 20-year career! /s

Quite honestly, I can handle 20 clips over a 2o-year career.. However, if we were to put together a clip of all of Cousins' incidents - we'd have way too many over the course of 6 years. Of course, minus the rings and good reputation.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Nope not at all. I expect him to be a professional and stop the crap he's done for the last 6 years. IMO we've waited long enough for him to "work on it."
Sometimes you can't wait long enough. Cousins is what he is at this point. Will he change his ways? who knows, but he won't ever be a robot and just not put up with things that bugs him. It's who he is, we as fans need to just accept it and hope that his talent negates his on court antics, and it does on most nights.

Isn't the suspension worth noting? If we were fighting for a playoff spots it would matter. Because were out of contention for anything meaningful it's easy to right off. If Cousins keeps putting up these tech totals and there's actual stakes involved then folks wouldn't be able minimize it. I don't see Cousins as a problem child, but this is a real issue.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I believe that part was in reference to when the kid ran on the court during a free throw to get something he had dropped. (I read it on Twitter.)

If Rondo was riding Davis the whole game, then Davis should have t'd him up over that ... not when there was only 6 seconds left.
Yes it was about a kid losing candy. If a player was riding me, I would warn him that if he kept it up, he'd get a tech.

There is a personal history between these two where the bumped into each other or some such thing.

I was at the game and appreciated Cousins' and Rondo's reaction to the ref. That ref deserved to be mocked if at the very least for entertainment's sake. On one posession in the first half, the ref spent the entire time telling Chad Iske to stand back as he was yelling out defensive assignments from just in front of his chair instead of actually watching the play. Maybe he was shocked that one of our coaches actually cares about defense considering we hardly ever play it.

I wonder how winning with a good coach will change the thing that causes people to ignore Boogie's immense basketball skills; his demeanor. There are probably many people who have a nicer demeanor. I cannot, however, think of a player who can stop him on the court.
He has shown he is perfectly capable of stopping himself, and everyone else around him. And he is dumber than a sack of rocks to give up $175-Large to mock a ref with 6 seconds to go.

Trying to make this incident "part of the pattern" is a stretch. A big stretch.

I thought this one was funny.

The 80's/90's were so much more interesting. Cuz is this weird outlier today. Omg, 16 technicals. In a season! Wow. Barkley, for example, was regularly getting 20-30 Ts per year. That didn't bother me either. Being an outspoken jerk is still serving Barkley well. 32 in his mvp season. Half the fun of Barkley was watching him argue with officials.

I loved Danny Ainge, almost entirely for the Danny Ainge face made after every foul against him.

No one cared. I don't recall ever having any idea how many T's guys had. Nor caring one way or the other.

Ah, the good old days. Before the NBA went down the road of disneyfication.

I don't know at what point we decided a pro athlete needs to be a perfect gentlemen as well.