Grades v. Pistons 03/30

Status
Not open for further replies.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Heuge said:
I here this small ball stinks stuff over and over again....but what was RA suppost to do. Tag came in and was clearly winded, what good would it of been playing Tag more ineffective minutes. So is it RA's fault that Brad and Skinner were out? I think there is all this fuss on him tonight because we lost and were clearly overmatched, and we cant find anyone on the team to blame, so we blame RA.
C'mon, Heuge. You should know me better than that. You have never seen me "blame" RA. I was, however, admitting that even RA does not get a "free pass" from me tonight. We looked bad all the way around. Was a superior team responsible for that? Partly...no doubt.

6th said:
C'mon, Heuge. You should know me better than that. You have never seen me "blame" RA. I was, however, admitting that even RA does not get a "free pass" from me tonight. We looked bad all the way around. Was a superior team responsible for that? Partly...no doubt.
I know, you're usually very fair, but what was he supposed to do about the small ball thing. Admittedly it wasn't his best game, but what is he supposed to do being so undersized.

I have no grades, this evening.

But I do have an award, of sorts, for the Sacramento Kings. They are, by far, the league's most schizophrenic team.

GoGoGadget said:
most schizophrenic team.
HEY! easy on us older folks. We don't know these big words...

For those like me I looked it up for ya :)

schiz·o·phren·ic

1. Of, relating to, or affected with schizophrenia.
  2. Of, relating to, or characterized by the coexistence of disparate or antagonistic elements.
schiz·o·phre·ni·a
  1. group of psychotic disorders usually characterized by withdrawal from reality, illogical patterns of thinking, delusions, and hallucinations, and accompanied in varying degrees by other emotional, behavioral, or intellectual disturbances. Schizophrenia is associated with dopamine imbalances in the brain and defects of the frontal lobe and is caused by genetic, other biological, and psychosocial factors.
  2. A situation or condition that results from the coexistence of disparate or antagonistic qualities, identities, or activities: the national schizophrenia that results from carrying out an unpopular war.

Heuge said:
I know, you're usually very fair, but what was he supposed to do about the small ball thing. Admittedly it wasn't his best game, but what is he supposed to do being so undersized.
I'll pile on Adelman since everyone else is. You can probably find 8-10 games a year where his coaching decisions are on of the big reasons why we lose...........Tonight was one of them. I think another was just in the last couple weeks when he played small ball as well(I think it was the Warriors game)

Ryle said:
I'll pile on Adelman since everyone else is. You can probably find 8-10 games a year where his coaching decisions are on of the big reasons why we lose...........Tonight was one of them. I think another was just in the last couple weeks when he played small ball as well(I think it was the Warriors game)
No coaching move or moves could have won this game, we were overmatched.

So, if RA puts in Tag, we win. Give me a flipping break.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ryle said:
I'll pile on Adelman since everyone else is. You can probably find 8-10 games a year where his coaching decisions are on of the big reasons why we lose...........
Perhaps, but that is true of virtually any coach. One of the great advantages of grading a game is that hindsight is 20/20, and our proposed coaching moves that weren't made always work out 100% of the time in our heads.

It would be plain stupid for anyone to forget this night and act like nothing happened. Obviously something was wrong tonight, something affected our players this game, there was a problem and we need to fix this. Now the question is, what was wrong tonight? Simply: too many injuries, lack of depth, vets not stepping up, no leadership, and lack of hustle/desire to win. We need to learn from our mistakes.

I admit, this game was a 1:100 chance of Kings playing badly, but its something that no one should be satisfied with! I hope the players realize that they are going to have to step up when their team mates are going through tough times. We are in the last 11 games of the season, and every win is crucial.

Don't forget bad memories and mistakes, rather learn from them and improve. Hopefully the players will realize this and do an 11 game sweep ;).

In conclusion: Like always, good grades brick.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Kings-Lakers-Fan said:
It would be plain stupid for anyone to forget this night and act like nothing happened. Obviously something was wrong tonight, something affected our players this game, there was a problem and we need to fix this. Now the question is, what was wrong tonight? Simply: too many injuries, lack of depth, vets not stepping up, no leadership, and lack of hustle/desire to win. We need to learn from our mistakes.

I admit, this game was a 1:100 chance of Kings playing badly, but its something that no one should be satisfied with! I hope the players realize that they are going to have to step up when their team mates are going through tough times. We are in the last 11 games of the season, and every win is crucial.

Don't forget bad memories and mistakes, rather learn from them and improve. Hopefully the players will realize this and do an 11 game sweep ;).

In conclusion: Like always, good grades brick.
We're basically a mediocre, strong at home weak on the road, team right now.

^and a lot of teams are like that...thats why i said i wished the rest of our games were played at home...we are completely different at home...given we don't dominate a game from start to finish but we definetly have more control of the game...

hard to win games when your only other true "center" is out. can't expect us to beat a good team which has been frustrated for the last couple of weeks without so many pieces, especially our real centers.

Tonight you see why having Skinner out at this time is a horrible thing. Darius and Kenny were are two bigs tonight! Darius is, simply put, a weak rebounder. He has many positives to his game but he isn't a rebounder by any stretch of the imagination.

We were way undersized and Otag has a better chance at winning the lotto than getting consistent minutes. All that and a mediocre effort add up to somewhere in the range of 80 points for a team that looks to outscore its opponent. Not going to get it done.

D

DeAtHrOw

6th said:
Yeah! That is the trouble with perfection. It never lasts. I guess you'll have to come up with something new, but please don't keep bypassing the filters. You could get in trouble that way.
It was not really ever my intention to bypass the filters. I thought putting in a single * was sufficient. Guess not

Believe it or not I would lower KT's grade to a C-! Very uninspiring play out of KT. Havn't seen him play like that in a long time. If he want to lose this average player tag then he needs to step up when the situation calls for it. and boy, did it call for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.