[Grades] Grades v. Clippers 11/01/2013

Who's got to be better to get the win tommorow?

• Salmons

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Patterson

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • Grevis

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • McLemore

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Entity

Hall of Famer
We all knew this SF situation was going to show its ugly head. The rest of the team will have to make up for it on a nightly basis. The nights we do we can win. The nights we don't will result in games like this. The flip side is the SF will never make up for a poor night by Cuz or anybody for that matter. mbah A Moute looks to be a no show this with his chronic knee.

I thought it was a great game. Cousins looked just ok and still put up a solid double double. IT deserved an A+ for that performance. Thornton's shot started to come around and JT finally looked like JT again. It's weird how through 2 games were all the sudden blocking shots now as well. The bad part was that they kept reverting back their old habits and leaving guys open beyond the arc.

Anyway the Clips had some open looks but they also made a bunch of very very lucky shots. There were 2 or 3 really long 27foot bail out 3 pointers that they made that completely would have changed the course of the game had they not gone in..which is what usually happens. Add that to the fact that our wings couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and it turned what should have been a W for us into a closely contested L. Plus they're a tough team to beat when Crawford catches fire like that.

Well I see a lot of complaining in this thread. No one points out the number one reason why we lost. The Clippers are really good. I was really excited watching the game last night. Really good basketball compared to the boring crap we saw most of the time last year. This team has heart and fought back all night. The Clippers kept trying to run away from us but we kept comming back. It wasn't our night. If we can shoot better and hit more free throws we can stand up to very good teams and make a run at the playoffs. I am behind all of our players and I'm excited about the great work they have been doing so far!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well I see a lot of complaining in this thread. No one points out the number one reason why we lost. The Clippers are really good. I was really excited watching the game last night. Really good basketball compared to the boring crap we saw most of the time last year. This team has heart and fought back all night. The Clippers kept trying to run away from us but we kept comming back. It wasn't our night. If we can shoot better and hit more free throws we can stand up to very good teams and make a run at the playoffs. I am behind all of our players and I'm excited about the great work they have been doing so far!
I beg to differ. What went on in this thread was a great passionate discussion by fans. Of course people voiced their disappointment at times, but it wasn't just whining and complaining. It's hard to remember the last time we had such an active game thread that wasn't primarily cursing or teeth-gnashing, etc.

I do agree with the rest of your post, though. I'm also very excited.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

I hope to become a more frequent poster on the game threads. I'm not always near a computer so I haven't posted much in the past, but I just realized this season how ridiculously easy it is to post via my phone. I don't know why I never tried logging on via phone before.

Guys i wanted to point something out, we lost a game, and not one person on here put ANY blame on anything having to do with coaching. there is literally nothing coaching wise that we can complain about.

how great is that?
Mike Malone is for real. That being said, I question how we are using Salmons in what are clearly drawn up plays. I'd rather have Outlaw out there parked in a corner than have Salmons dribble around and chuck brick after brick. No real solution to this until we upgrade at SF, so its a minor gripe for now.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Mike Malone is for real. That being said, I question how we are using Salmons in what are clearly drawn up plays. I'd rather have Outlaw out there parked in a corner than have Salmons dribble around and chuck brick after brick. No real solution to this until we upgrade at SF, so its a minor gripe for now.
I have to assume at this point that MAM simply isn't healthy yet. Once he is, hopefully he slides into Salmons spot in the rotation. For all his faults, I actually thought Outlaw played alright last night. His defense on Crawford in the second half seemed to give the guy a bit of trouble.

All of the guys in the poll on top need to play better. Thornton and JT played better last night which is very encouraging. IT proved he can play with the best. Cousins had another sensational night with one flaw, the taunting technical against Paul. Thank God for Shaq. He should help as the season wears on.

The Kings made some valiant runs against a good team. It all boiled down to defense in the last 8:eek:o of the game.