• Its like the Houston game, no Cuz = never competitive

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • We hang close and just lack the guns late

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • We are a disaster, then make our run and lose late

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • We come from behind to pull off the tough minded victory

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • We go wire to wire and send the Leasterners back to Boston to cry in their beans

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Who the hell knows

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Demarcus lurks in the parking lot and kneecaps several of the officials after the game

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really hope one missed call by the refs doesnt mask this fanbase from near three quarters of complete apathy by professionals.
It doesnt but the calls are beyond inexcusable as well. It isnt just against the Kings either. I for one am not blind to that fact. It isnt who its against moreso who the "missed" calls consistently benefit. The "darling" players and teams for the given season. Just play ball damn it.

The Kings came out flat footed and the Bulls where the opposite. Why where the Kings not ready to play? They did not take the shoot around seriously? So the Bulls where spotted the first quarter.

Cousins who started slow lost his temper twice for NO GOOD REASON and got TWO technicals. Not to mention all the complaining constantly throughout the game to the refs.

The team makes a great comeback but came up short because of Duane Wade. Who is a hall of famer and BTW a professional basketball player.

But everyone is mad at Grant Napear and Barnes.

If this team plays well for four quarters they can beat anyone. We just can't get out of our own way for an entire game.

The fourth quarter was amazing. I am excited for the future of this team. With or without a certain player who can't control his emotions during the game.

There is so much deadweight. Afflalo/Ben/lifeless Collison starting. Just brutal energy.
To me, one of the biggest issues plaguing this team is the inconsistent play from all those players. You just can count on a positive performance from any of them. They'll have a couple solid games, then disappear for several more.

That's the reason for the jeckyl and hyde performances of this team and why defense is so darn important. If you can bring the effort on that end of the floor every night, you can combat some of these on again off again offensive performances.

I don't know how it looks in the arena, but to me the first tech in Cuz is RIDICULOUS. That assistant coach was blocking one ref from getting nearer to the steaming Bulls player and Cuz came in a kind of move that assistant's hand away from the ref. It should be the assistant that should be given a T on that for blocking the ref's site away from a steamy issue.

The second tech, is worth it.

But Grant is just too mean to Cuz the whole game. I haven't seen any commentator hate a player so much and vent on live broadcast, especially considering he is paid by the club that player belongs. Even Charles Barkley would not those hate calls on Lebron considering how outspoken they are now. So I hope Vivek make something on this. New Arena, new commentators!

I don't know how it looks in the arena, but to me the first tech in Cuz is RIDICULOUS. That assistant coach was blocking one ref from getting nearer to the steaming Bulls player and Cuz came in a kind of move that assistant's hand away from the ref. It should be the assistant that should be given a T on that for blocking the ref's site away from a steamy issue.

The second tech, is worth it.

But Grant is just too mean to Cuz the whole game. I haven't seen any commentator hate a player so much and vent on live broadcast, especially considering he is paid by the club that player belongs. Even Charles Barkley would not those hate calls on Lebron considering how outspoken they are now. So I hope Vivek make something on this. New Arena, new commentators!
Cousins should never have stuck his nose into that situation with the assistant. The refs are perfectly capable of taking care of the situation. At that point it looked like a tech might be going to the Bulls. But Cousins made sure it was about him. Completely unnecessary. At the end his shirt got pulled but if I where the refs I'd be hesitant to make calls in favor of Cousins. He tries to control the game by badgering the refs constantly. I wouldn't give him the time of day when he is acting like that. It was a great come back but you can't really complain about the outcome considering.

Cousins should never have stuck his nose into that situation with the assistant. The refs are perfectly capable of taking care of the situation. At that point it looked like a tech might be going to the Bulls. But Cousins made sure it was about him. Completely unnecessary. At the end his shirt got pulled but if I where the refs I'd be hesitant to make calls in favor of Cousins. He tries to control the game by badgering the refs constantly. I wouldn't give him the time of day when he is acting like that. It was a great come back but you can't really complain about the outcome considering.
Rondo was more animated that Cuz on that first tech. Yet, only Gibson was given a T.
The zebras these days are the real cry babies. Can't even shout or touch them without blowing a whistle. Worse if your name is Demarcus Cousins.

The Madonna attitude has already gone down to the refs in this league. It is far from the spirit of competitive street basketball now where all the fun began.

* Yes, Demarcus was warranted in being very upset at the second straight biased call (or non-call) going Wade's way in the last seconds which cost them the game.
(He also is really f-ing tired of getting hit on 3-pt shots but not getting the call, while his teammates are getting called for fouls on 3-pt shots 2 to 3 times per game.)

* Yes, Demarcus had no business going anywhere near the refs after Taj got his T.
He simply cannot control himself, and isn't even trying most of the time. Complete out of control id. Drama- and conflict-obsessed.

* Yes, the assistant coach should be stopped (fined/suspended) for going on the court and grabbing at Barnes and Demarcus. He had no business being out there, either. The only reason for him to be out there was to be grabbing HIS players, not the Kings'.

* Yes, Joerger is doing the best he can with what he has but at the same time -
* Yes, Joerger is killing the Kings with his starting lineups.
Is it any wonder why the Kings struggle to start games, when he is starting Afflalo/McLemore/Collison? Those three are HORRIBLE, especially at the starts of games. Their +/- in the 1st quarter must be the worst in the NBA.
Why doesn't he just start the same lineups he ends the games with? You know - the ones that have + on/off stats?

Cousins really needs to keep his anger in check. Refs weren't fair tonight, but when are they always 100% completely fair for everyone? He can't keep exploding.. I think someone in the coaching staff needs to hold him accountable. Take him to the side, and scream at him. Make him run more suicides. Don't berate him, but coach him up. Cousins is a competitor, so could this light a fire somewhere? I don't know.
At what point is it ok to stop making excuses for a grown ass man?

To make it completely clear, I'm not questioning his heart or effort tonight. He just needs to control that poopooty anger.
Boogie needs to take some lessons in being cool from that Champion and Zen Master....................................................................

Steve Kerr:D:D:D:D:D

Seriously? Shaq averaged 13points in the 06 NBA finals and Wade averaged 34............the dude is a all time great and top 5 SG and CLUTCH performer if anything Shaq benefited far more from Wade than the other way around. He also completely out performed LeBron the first year the Heat got pumped by Dirk and company where LeBron vanished in the finals. Shaq drawing most of the attention seriously?

If Wade is not a great player than 90% of the HOF are scrubs
D Wade was great and he is still very, very good. When the Kings have played the Bulls this season his shot has been money.

Wade also has drawn questionable fouls in key late game situations.

The Refs and NBA are pathetic sometimes.

The look Wade had to sink the game winning jumper is the type of look you need. Barnes can't touch him all he can do is dance with him helplessly. If Demarcus just had 1 reliable player that could do that at the end of games (create for themselves) it would take alot of pressure off. Cuz's game forces things into the Refs hands who hate his guts. When ball movement is shut down and defenses are tight we really dont have anyone outside of Cuz who can break down a defense, and with his handle its easy to swarm.

Our predictablilty was on display last night, Wade pretty much left his man who could have had a layup knowing barnes had tunnel vision on Cuz. Joerger has got to know that they sniffed it out last time and would do it again.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Of course they would go on a 40-15 run...why not. The starting unit had zero energy to start the game. Scored 11 points to open the game, pitiful. Youth movement youth movement youth movement!

The reason for or poor starting and strong finishes as far as I'm concerned lies largely with the contrast of lifeless Collison and Lawson. Have we not learned that Ty is a bigger candidate to be a long term option? Can we start him and play him 30+ one time?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
From the NBA's two-minute report:

Period: Q4 Time: 00:13.0 Call Type: Foul (Loose Ball) Committing Player: Dwyane Wade Disadvantaged Player: Demarcus Cousins Review Decision: CNC

Comment: On first sight, it appears that Wade pulled on Cousins' jersey. Further investigation indicates that the true cause was a miniature black hole suddenly popping into existence, and sucking Cousins' jersey and Wade's hand towards it (note Robin Lopez and the ball also being temporarily caught in its gravitational pull) before immediately retreating back to the quantum ether whence it came. Since the miniature black hole occurred on the Kings' court, the correct call is a technical foul on the Kings for improper use of quantum disturbances.

Last edited:
D Wade was the difference last night. Say what you want about him. Every team needs a player like him.
DMC has some trouble at the end of games.

Refs are human and miss things all the time. I think they need to review how guys like Green play him in the post.

From the NBA's two-minute report:

Period: Q4 Time: 00:13.0 Call Type: Foul (Loose Ball) Committing Player: Dwyane Wade Disadvantaged Player: Demarcus Cousins Review Decision: CNC

Comment: On first sight, it appears that Wade pulled on Cousins' jersey. Further investigation indicates that the true cause was a miniature black hole suddenly popping into existence, and sucking Cousins' jersey and Wade's hand towards it (note Robin Lopez and the ball also being temporarily caught in its gravitational pull) before immediately retreating back to the quantum ether whence it came. Since the miniature black hole occurred on the Kings' court, the correct call is a technical foul on the Kings for improper use of quantum disturbances.
Watch Collison on this play trying to guard Curry and let me know your opinion:

http://official.nba.com/last-two-minute-report/?gameNo=0021600764&eventNum=1178

Seriously? I can't make a joke about a non-called foul without being immediately accused of being biased?
I get that you were being funny, and it was funny. But this theme of constantly whining and complaining about the refs is just getting tiresome. We are a dysfunctional franchise. The referees are the least of our worries.

The sour grapes about Wade is pathetic. He's been an incredibly good player during his career. I'll never forget a game in which he torched Kobe like he was some guy who just arrived from the D League. Total HOFer. Great closer.
Agree during the Heat/ Shaq-Championship era earlier on in his career, you could make a legitimate case Wade was the best player in the NBA. He's 35 now and over-the-hill, just like most players who are fortunate to play that long

I get what you are saying. But it is the way it is. Do you fight it and lose, or try to work within it?

Rondo was more animated that Cuz on that first tech. Yet, only Gibson was given a T.
The zebras these days are the real cry babies. Can't even shout or touch them without blowing a whistle. Worse if your name is Demarcus Cousins.

The Madonna attitude has already gone down to the refs in this league. It is far from the spirit of competitive street basketball now where all the fun began.

Seeing that McClemore regressed against the Bulls was quite disappointing after 2 decent quality games.
This is the story of BMac x his entire NBA career. The fact that he even puts on a uniform for us is evidence that we are a poor team.

It does beg the question though: what is more likely to occur? 1) BMac starts playing consistently well, or 2) DMC gets a hold of his temper.

One thing that will surely occur as much as the sun rising in the east - NBA refs will make bad calls (so get over it).

This is going to sound weird and slightly obsessive about Grant Napear... but I believe he does significant harm to our team. He is responsible, to a large degree, for the general public sentiment about Cousins and the team. Most smart people here are excempt fro his negativity. But he creates drama. He undermines morale. He models a way of disloyalty and negativity that just permeates attitudes in fans and just kind of around the team. He is NOT a positive force. And he is 100% unique among broadcasters in this regard, the kind of vendetta he shows against certain players. I was really, really hoping he would get fired when new management took over, not so much because I don't like him, but because he is such a negative energy.

I have never heard, in any sport, any other team's broadcaster act like this.

Compare it to the love affair fans have with Giants announcers Kruk and Kuip, and the positive mental outlook they bring they bring to the entire organization. They help create and define the super positive Giants culture. And do you think that helps win games? I do. Grant is the opposite of that.
I'm sorry, I just can't agree with all the Grant hate. In fact, I'll admit that I enjoy his and Jerry's commentary more than any other crew around the league.

I understand a lot of people would prefer him to be more biased towards the Kings and this would match the style of a lot of commentators around the league. However, as a guy who's never even played Basketball competitively and had to learn the rules and the game by watching the Kinngs and reading forums (such as this), I have to appreciate a commentator who will call it as it is. It has enhanced my experience these past few years.

In games, I haven't noticed any obvious agenda or blatant bias (this doesn't mean I agree with everything he says by the way), so it leaves me wondering what I'm missing here? Is it the radio show he does, as I've heard he's a different personality on there?

I'm sorry, I just can't agree with all the Grant hate. In fact, I'll admit that I enjoy his and Jerry's commentary more than any other crew around the league.

I understand a lot of people would prefer him to be more biased towards the Kings and this would match the style of a lot of commentators around the league. However, as a guy who's never even played Basketball competitively and had to learn the rules and the game by watching the Kinngs and reading forums (such as this), I have to appreciate a commentator who will call it as it is. It has enhanced my experience these past few years.

In games, I haven't noticed any obvious agenda or blatant bias (this doesn't mean I agree with everything he says by the way), so it leaves me wondering what I'm missing here? Is it the radio show he does, as I've heard he's a different personality on there?
More biased towards the Kings? How about less biased towards the refs? Maybe admit they also screw up and not just when they miss a call against the Kings.

* Yes, Demarcus was warranted in being very upset at the second straight biased call (or non-call) going Wade's way in the last seconds which cost them the game.
(He also is really f-ing tired of getting hit on 3-pt shots but not getting the call, while his teammates are getting called for fouls on 3-pt shots 2 to 3 times per game.)

* Yes, Demarcus had no business going anywhere near the refs after Taj got his T.
He simply cannot control himself, and isn't even trying most of the time. Complete out of control id. Drama- and conflict-obsessed.

* Yes, the assistant coach should be stopped (fined/suspended) for going on the court and grabbing at Barnes and Demarcus. He had no business being out there, either. The only reason for him to be out there was to be grabbing HIS players, not the Kings'.

* Yes, Joerger is doing the best he can with what he has but at the same time -
* Yes, Joerger is killing the Kings with his starting lineups.
Is it any wonder why the Kings struggle to start games, when he is starting Afflalo/McLemore/Collison? Those three are HORRIBLE, especially at the starts of games. Their +/- in the 1st quarter must be the worst in the NBA.
Why doesn't he just start the same lineups he ends the games with? You know - the ones that have + on/off stats?
trade deadline is coming up.. he might be showcasing the 3 amigos to other teams in the playoff hunt.

More biased towards the Kings? How about less biased towards the refs? Maybe admit they also screw up and not just when they miss a call against the Kings.
I think he does challenge the refs. At the end of the Chicago game when reviewing the missed call/Cousins ejection he pointed out that the refs missed the call before criticising Cousins reaction. I remember a few times during the recent road trip where Grant would literally exclaim "How is that not a foul?". Just because he doesn't slaughter the refs for every single missed call, doesn't mean that he's biased towards the refs. Tbh, I'm not even sure how someone can be biased towards referee's?

Ultimately if I want someone to share my occasional rage at the officials, I'll jump onto this site. I'm happy with the current arrangement where our play-by-play guy takes a more balanced approach.