Georgios Papagiannis

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I remember seeing him up close and personal in summer league, and he looks entirely different now. Still needs to turn some of his body fat into muscle, but it doesn't happen overnight. Nice game for him today. The Kings ran into a buzz saw in the first half. Played much better in the second half. Both Skal and Willie had trouble matching up against the Oklahoma front line. Too physical for them, although Willie did defend the post better in the second half. It's a learning experience.

I remember seeing him up close and personal in summer league, and he looks entirely different now. Still needs to turn some of his body fat into muscle, but it doesn't happen overnight. Nice game for him today.
Yep.

I don't pretend to know whether the kid will be the next Marc Gasol or perhaps something even better. I don't know whether he was the best choice at #13. But I do know this. He was only 18 at the time he was drafted and is still only 19 right now. Anybody declaring that draft decision as a bust already just doesn't know what they don't know. The book on Papa G still has several more years remaining until we know anything definitive. What we saw today is an important chapter because it's apparent that progress has been made.

This game by Big Poppa truly shows the value of the new head coach. He does a incredible job of player development.
IMO, player development under this current staff is something that's gone a tad under the radar. So far they've done a great job with all the young guys. If we had this staff back when we drafted Cousins and Whiteside, Hassan might have never gotten away from us.

IMO, player development under this current staff is something that's gone a tad under the radar. So far they've done a great job with all the young guys. If we had this staff back when we drafted Cousins and Whiteside, Hassan might have never gotten away from us.
I think Whiteside was a particular case because he sucked soo bad it was evident he didn't belong in the league. Until he was actually out and he decided to get his head in the game.

Whiteside had to mature. Word was that he just wasn't willing to listen and was a bit of a space cadet. I don't know that any team could've developed him at that point. But yeah, the Kings were one of the worst teams he could've gone to.

The current staff is tremendous across the board, including player development and big man coaching.

Good game Big Papa!

So.... who is the Kings starting center of the future, WCS or Papa?
It depends on who we're playing. Given the fast-paced nature of the league my guess is WCS. Additionally, assuming Labissiere is the starting PF, its not as though we would need big papa's scoring around the basket as a feature of our starting lineup.