George Karl's Wild Ride

• Thread starter SacramentoKings
  • Start date
J

jdbraver

I wonder how many games it will take for George Karl to realize this. Second half I saw a lot more post ups by Rudy...he missed some shots he usually makes but I will live with that as long as he is shooting in the painted area.
When Rudy posts up he pounds the ball and kills the offensive flow. plus his at the rim fg% is disastrous. I absolutely hate it and it is not fun to watch.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
When Rudy posts up he pounds the ball and kills the offensive flow. plus his at the rim fg% is disastrous. I absolutely hate it and it is not fun to watch.
1) he's very good at posting up...against SFs who he has a physical edge on

2) his at the rim issues are strictly this season/basically 1 week old. Last year he converted at 63.2% at the rim.

There's a fair number of people who just haven't liked Rudy for one reason or another who are using the slow start as an excuse to try to pile on like this is the normal Rudy we have seen. It is not. Rudy has been around for 9 years now, and 2 in Sacto. We know better. It is, however, a bit reminiscent of the Rudy that was last seen in Toronto, the last time a dumbass coach tried to make him into a PF.

You really don't think so? The way it looks to me at least is Rudy is not playing with the so called "desire" and competitiveness because he is being played out of position and he doesn't like it. Therefore the longer this goes on, the more you get to see this ineffective Rudy just going through the motions.
Disagree about the not liking it part. Playing the 4 is something Rudy has been talking about doing ever since he played with team USA. Even before Malone was fired he was talking about playing the 4 more. Same thing with Cousins shooting 3s. They may not be good at it, and it is the responsibility of the coach to not put them at those positions, but their actions and comments in the past clearly show that that playing those positions/shooting 3s are not things they dislike(d) doing.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
So you would rather have him continue playing the four and creating his shot from the three point line? Rudy excels in the paint with his mid range shooting. His main problem right now is he gets winded too quickly...once again I bring up the weight. He needs to drop some pounds so he can regain his quickness because he isn't as quick as last season.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Disagree about the not liking it part. Playing the 4 is something Rudy has been talking about doing ever since he played with team USA. Even before Malone was fired he was talking about playing the 4 more. Same thing with Cousins shooting 3s. They may not be good at it, and it is the responsibility of the coach to not put them at those positions, but their actions and comments in the past clearly show that that playing those positions/shooting 3s are not things they dislike(d) doing.
That may be the case but it's not always up to the player what he likes or doesn't like to do if it isn't helping the team win. Players make sacrifices all the time for the team and I'm sure those two know by now that it will take some from both of them in order to make their teammates better around them. Then and only then will this team start winning on a consistent basis, until then you can watch Cousins jack up three's and Rudy continue to play out of position.

That may be the case but it's not always up to the player what he likes or doesn't like to do if it isn't helping the team win. Players make sacrifices all the time for the team and I'm sure those two know by now that it will take some from both of them in order to make their teammates better around them. Then and only then will this team start winning on a consistent basis, until then you can watch Cousins jack up three's and Rudy continue to play out of position.
Yup I don't disagree with this. My point was that Rudy's apparent lack of effort shouldn't be attributed to him not wanting to be played at the 4, at least based on past comments. Maybe now that he's actually getting to do it on a non-team USA team he's finding that it isn't quite as rosey as he thought it would be.

Personal opinion of his, but Dave said he'd "be surprised" if Karl is back next season.
When was the last time Dave nailed something though? Before the season started, Dave said Cousins would be traded by mid-season. I'm not ruling that out yet, I just don't see both Karl being fired and Cousins being traded, so I feel like Dave is just saying whatever he feels without anything specific backing up his feelings.

Has Karl given up, and is just waiting for the Kings to be the "moving party" in the separation? Could be. Looks like maybe. During a 1-7 streak like this, he should have gotten himself ejected by now at least once if he wants to win the locker room. But he sits and sits and sits and sits like a gumby cat. Not good.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Has Karl given up, and is just waiting for the Kings to be the "moving party" in the separation? Could be. Looks like maybe. During a 1-7 streak like this, he should have gotten himself ejected by now at least once if he wants to win the locker room. But he sits and sits and sits and sits like a gumby cat. Not good.
Its hard to equate that wiht the George Karl we have known, but I brought up the Motta thing on purpose. And a couple of years before that we had thrown money at Bill Russel, who basically stole it from us because he didn't want to coach at all in the end. He was just looking for a golden parachute and knew Joe Axelson was a longtime NBA dummy.

When was the last time Dave nailed something though? Before the season started, Dave said Cousins would be traded by mid-season. I'm not ruling that out yet, I just don't see both Karl being fired and Cousins being traded, so I feel like Dave is just saying whatever he feels without anything specific backing up his feelings.
Last year when I said Malone would be fired....

Last year when I said Karl would be hired.....

Sheesh

Karl will get fired before all star break if this disaster continues. Biggest **** up we made was firing Malone. He would have worked wonders with this roster. The sooner we fire Karl and replace him with Thibs the better it will be for us.

Thibs would make this team into a lockdown defensive team tah just wins games at a good percentage. Karl is suffering from the senile ending that a lot of older long time coaches experience.

J

jdbraver

Karl will get fired before all star break if this disaster continues. Biggest **** up we made was firing Malone. He would have worked wonders with this roster. The sooner we fire Karl and replace him with Thibs the better it will be for us.

Thibs would make this team into a lockdown defensive team tah just wins games at a good percentage. Karl is suffering from the senile ending that a lot of older long time coaches experience.
Thibs and cuz could not co-exist.

J

jdbraver

Revolving door syndrome. We need stability. Malone work wonders? I think his abilities are way overestimated on this board.

Revolving door syndrome. We need stability. Malone work wonders? I think his abilities are way overestimated on this board.
I don't think anyone can understate what malone was getting this team to do. Buy into the process.
Malone gets fired and where has this team been since?

My mom mentioned to me last week that either Karl's legs hurt and he has to sit on the bench or he has completely mailed it in already. My mama is the most postive person in the world. If she sees whats conspiring with karl then I don't feel so bad thinking the same thing. He is showing nothing on the sideline. No fire no nothing. Maybe he saw an opportunity to make his last couple of million dollars before he walks away from the game. This is going to be the easiest money he's ever made.

Last edited:
J

jdbraver

They like eatchother from team usa and Thibs would play the way we should be playing. Smash mouth.
Team USA does not equal NBA season. If players in Chicago clashed w him u can bet cuz will. Remember cuz likes to be versatile not just play down low.

J

jdbraver

I don't think anyone can understate what malone was getting this team to do. Buy into the process.
Malone gets fired and where has this team been since?

My mom mentioned to me last week that either Karl's legs hurt and he has to sit on the bench or he has completely mailed it in already. My mama is the most postive person in the world. If she sees whats conspiring with karl then I don't feel so bad thinking the same thing. He is showing nothing on the sideline. No fire no nothing. Maybe he saw an opportunity to make his last couple of million dollars before he walks away from the game. This is going to be the easiest money he's ever made.
Oh well, if your mom says so...

Karl is suffering from the senile ending that a lot of older long time coaches experience.
Could be. Like I said in a different thread - a young coach Karl would have getting himself ejected from at least one of these games. He has had plenty of chances to take a T sticking up for Cuz... but he hasn't done it.

I would not have dreamed that Karl could lose me, I was really into the move. But, he is not showing any fire on the sideline and he may be daring the Kings to fire him.