[Game] Game 8: Sacramento Kings @ Dallas Mavericks, 11/11/14 5:30 PST 8:30 EST

Kings record for the season:

• Total voters

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
This has been incredibly hard to watch.

Fantastic first quarter and then just a complete unraveling as the game wore on. Barring the guys somehow putting it together and making a dramatic comeback I think this game will serve as an example for the rest of the season.

When the Kings defend, rebound, share the ball, hit the open man and avoid turnovers they can play with anyone. When they get sloppy and rely too much on isolation basketball they will struggle.

The team appears to "panic" when the other team goes on a run, which results in reverting back to one on one forced iso play. Hopefully it doesn't take multiple losses, to learn to keep playing a team game...no matter the score
Yeah. I'll chalk that up to the Kings not "Knowing" how to win, yet. I know everyone got excited about the start, but I think some people got a bit too high on the Kings. This is not a playoff team. This is a team that will fight to be a .500 team. And that's fine. This is the building year.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I don't know, I consider myself an "old timer," and I don't accept it. I don't care how young we are, or how good they are, or whose court we're playing on. We blew a twenty-six point lead. Did I expect us to blow out the Mavericks on their home court? No. Did I expect them to continue to miss shots all night? No. Did I expect to go from twenty-six up to nine behind, in less than thirty minutes? NO!
Life is like a box of chocolates ................................

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I don't understand the need to call the game over with 10 minutes to play because we had a bad sequence. We know this team can go on a run when they play up to their potential. Until the game is decided, I like to think the next play is where we start our run.

I really hope the Kings trade for a proven scorer (a big preferably maybe a 4) before the trade deadline, Cousins needs help, especially against roadblocks like Chandler

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I guess I am just a glutton for punishment...been a Kings fan for 29 years mind you.
It could be worse. We could be sitting there in our Kings jerseys in their arena. Now that would be punishment, especially since I have never walked out on a game early and never would. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't know, I consider myself an "old timer," and I don't accept it. I don't care how young we are, or how good they are, or whose court we're playing on. We blew a twenty-six point lead. Did I expect us to blow out the Mavericks on their home court? No. Did I expect them to continue to miss shots all night? No. Did I expect to go from twenty-six up to nine behind, in less than thirty minutes? NO!
Yeah, but you're the resident curmudgeon. :p

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The complete lack of respect the refs have shown us on the road this season is pretty sad. But I'd like to think these guys are capable of winning anyway.

K

KingMilz

The complete lack of respect the refs have shown us on the road this season is pretty sad. But I'd like to think these guys are capable of winning anyway.
It's not the refs it us.........5 on 4 and Gay gets a offensive but I guess that's the refs right?