[Game] Game 33: Sacramento Kings @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 1/1/15 4:30 pst 7:30 est

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Micah Nori, are you ready to become a head coach? :p

Maybe the assistant coaches should take turns. I mean, it's not like Corbin is actually serving in a way you would want your head coach to be

He really needs to command the ball more because he scores at a very high rate. His FG% is very high.

However, it's difficult to get the ball out of Gay's hands when he turns into Toronto Gay.
Gay has playing poorly lately. He's reverting to his old ways in Toronto. This team is sad right now.
It's hard for Ben to get any real looks right now. We should run more plays for him.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
You can't fault an announcer for being unbiased.
Yes, you can. You can when it comes across as disingenuous, which is how Napear comes across to me. I have never once, listening to Napear, gotten the sense that he is actually an unbiased commentator, but rather a guy playing the part of an unbiased commentator, and that rubs me the wrong way.

Grant is actually one of the better and more respected PBP guys.
I don't know how "respected" Napear is, and I don't care how respected he is, but he is absolutely not one of the better play-by-play men.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I don't think it really matters what he says because they officials standing next to him don't make the decision on the replays anyway...they NBA command center in Jersey does.
This is not true; they've gone out of their way, all season long, to make sure it is understood that this is not true. The lead official in the arena always still has the last word.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
This is not true; they've gone out of their way, all season long, to make sure it is understood that this is not true. The lead official in the arena always still has the last word.
New Era may be thinking of baseball, where as of this year, all reviews were initiated on the field but decided at the command center and relayed to the umpires.

I'ĺl take the W.

And I liked (most of) what D-Will brought to the table tonight.
He stepped up with Omri gone.

His D and BBIQ could use some improvement, but he shot well, made some very decent passes (a rare feat for him) and very few TO's (one of which was almost crucial, true, but stiĺl...).

A good effort!

With each passing game I'm really starting to dislike Rudy Gay more and more. His defense is terrible and his blase attitude and lack of effort on defense is even worse. I don't feel he is very engaged in the flow of the game very often and he just sort of floats through the games and puts up points on sheer offensive talent alone.

It's become super obvious why Toronto was ecstatic to get rid of him. Rudy just isn't a winning basketball player, he doesn't give you enough effort on the defensive end or do any of the little things that winners do.

I will say it again Ben McLemore needs to continue to develop and take over the role as 2nd best player on this team. I never question whether Ben cares and why he still makes mistakes here and there.....I know he gives you hard effort each game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't think it really matters what he says because they officials standing next to him don't make the decision on the replays anyway...they NBA command center in Jersey does.
It's my understanding the replay center picks the image to show the officials and the officials on the court make the final determination.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
We let the Timberwolves score 107pts.

That's the beginning and end of it. We're just the same team we've been for 8 years now. And we'll get the just desserts for a team of that style. Decade straight of being the worst defensive franchise in the NBA just around the corner. If I wasn't born in Sacramento I'd use us a convenient punchline.
Exactly. Doesn't everybody have a deja vu experience when they watch this team now? It's like being transported back in time.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Well, all the Rudy haters are out it seems....

...I'm fighting the urge. Really, I am. I figure we have bigger things to worry about.

I'll start hating on the new (old?) Rudy in 5 games or so. :p

Or maybe Vivek and CO will pull their heads out of their butts and hire Karl. Methinks George could get Rudy rolling again. He's an incredible talent....But definitely a beta dog who tries to be an alpha with iffy results.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Good job, good effort. That being said, Gay remains a terrible defender and for a second time let Wiggins torch him. Williams is atrocious as well, my god. Just too many players that don't want to play on that end, at least not anymore or are just not willing. I believe the last Kings opponent to not score 100 was Detroit. I wonder how long this 100+ PPG streak can continue...hopefully for the remainder of the season because watching the Kings score 108 every game sure is a great way to win in this league, just ask Pete and Vivek! Cousins' rebounding hasn't been up to par, in the Brooklyn game and in this one it just doesn't seem like he gets the ones he used to.

It's my understanding the replay center picks the image to show the officials and the officials on the court make the final determination.
I think thats bull. If they can't make the call on the court and have to go to replay then I feel the final call should be made from the command center.

With each passing game I'm really starting to dislike Rudy Gay more and more. His defense is terrible and his blase attitude and lack of effort on defense is even worse. I don't feel he is very engaged in the flow of the game very often and he just sort of floats through the games and puts up points on sheer offensive talent alone.

It's become super obvious why Toronto was ecstatic to get rid of him. Rudy just isn't a winning basketball player, he doesn't give you enough effort on the defensive end or do any of the little things that winners do.

I will say it again Ben McLemore needs to continue to develop and take over the role as 2nd best player on this team. I never question whether Ben cares and why he still makes mistakes here and there.....I know he gives you hard effort each game.
This and more of this please..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, all the Rudy haters are out it seems....

...I'm fighting the urge. Really, I am. I figure we have bigger things to worry about.

I'll start hating on the new (old?) Rudy in 5 games or so. :p

Or maybe Vivek and CO will pull their heads out of their butts and hire Karl. Methinks George could get Rudy rolling again. He's an incredible talent....But definitely a beta dog who tries to be an alpha with iffy results.
Ya Gay has mailed it in and I don't blame him. That's what happens when you trick someone into a contract

Ya Gay has mailed it in and I don't blame him. That's what happens when you trick someone into a contract
Yeah that's a nice thing to do to your teammates........:rolleyes:

If Rudy really has consciously quit on his teammates and is purposely giving poor effort......then he's a loser. That's not what professionals do and definitely not what winners do.

I'm not saying he is playing poorly on purpose but since you brought it up I don't think it's something you condone.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think thats bull. If they can't make the call on the court and have to go to replay then I feel the final call should be made from the command center.
I don't like it either. I'd much rather have them make the determination at the replay center. I think there are a lot of times when the officials reinforce their initial call because they don't want to reverse themselves...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yeah that's a nice thing to do to your teammates........:rolleyes:

If Rudy really has consciously quit on his teammates and is purposely giving poor effort......then he's a loser. That's not what professionals do and definitely not what winners do.

I'm not saying he is playing poorly on purpose but since you brought it up I don't think it's something you condone.
Hogwash. Rudy hasn't quit on his teammates. And people really, really, really need to quit grabbing onto crap comments like they're gold and running with them.

Hogwash. Rudy hasn't quit on his teammates. And people really, really, really need to quit grabbing onto crap comments like they're gold and running with them.
The only problem with Rudy is that Boogie had his direction taken from him. Cuz was making him the player we needed him to be, now that we're rudderless coaching-wise I think he's just trying to make things happen on his own like he used to have to.

Right now it's painful to watch the Kings, when you are following other NBA-Teams too.
Grizzlies, Wizards and Portland are a blast to watch right now, cause everybody buys in, gives 100% effort and nobody is selfish.
Even teams with lesser talent on paper like the Hawks look great, cause there are no No.1 options, everybody touches the ball, everybody gets shots and the system is the true star.
I hoped, that the coaching change would alter our offense and would cause a less selfish, less iso-based playstyle with better ball movement and more assisted baskets. So far nothing has happened at all in this direction.
It's the same predictable offense and the defensive effort is much worse. Against Min we got 1 possession, where our ballmovement was en par with the playoff bound teams of the league. That's just sad.
Difficult times for KF.

Status
Not open for further replies.