[Game] Game 33: Sacramento Kings @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 1/1/15 4:30 pst 7:30 est

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Williams was fine on Thaddeus Young, who started for Minny. But he can't guard Wiggins, he doesn't have the quickness to stay in front of him. D-Will starting isn't actually the problem here - it's a lack of a second option to guard Wiggins. Rudy is all we have.
D-Will is a problem if he starts. It send a message to the team that they don't value defense. It's his symbolic as well as literal lack of D. Same as Malone being fired - sends a message they don't value defense.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I thought it was general knowledge.
I don't know who you're used to listening to but most broadcast teams are anything BUT unbiased. Grant could easily NOT say anything about what he thinks the outcome should be WHILE THE OFFICIALS ARE REVIEWING THE PLAY. When they're in doubt, who's to say the final straw might be "Hey, it must be the TWovles ball. After all, even the Kings broadcast team thinks it is..."

I'm serious, dude. Grant tries too hard at times to be unbiased.

A win is a win, but I wish it felt better. We did not play well. At all. *sigh*
Eh, once again, that's kind of on the big 2. Effort was way better from both guys today, but they got to be far more steady than they've been lately if we want to get back to winning. 11 TO's, 12 PF's. Only on the floor for 26 and 32 minutes. They did some other good stuff today, but this performance was far from the best they can do.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
D-Will is a problem if he starts. It send a message to the team that they don't value defense. It's his symbolic as well as literal lack of D. Same as Malone being fired - sends a message they don't value defense.
I think they're already well aware of that, whether DWill starts or doesn't get into the game at all.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
True, but the kind of game he's played today is something he can absolutely replicate. It hasn't been him just randomly juking guys in the half-court, or him racking up points in transition. It's mainly just been in a spot-up shooter role and the ocassional playmaking opportunity.

14 pts, 2 stls, 1 blk, 4 rbs, 2 ast on 5-6 shooting and 2-3 from 3pt. I'd take that any day of the week
But 4 years in we actually pretty much DO know he can't replicate it. Not consistently. From the beginning of his career he's had these. And from the beginning of his career he'll have 3 bad ones in a row, including a true stinker, and then have the tease game again. We don't win this one without him obviously, but he's playing against a Thaddeus Young and the youngest team in the league, in a homecoming/revenge game, and counting on a repeat wouldn't even be fools gold at this point, it would be idiot's gold.

Last edited:
You can't fault an announcer for being unbiased. I think most fans actually respect that and it's a breath of fresh air compared to a clown like Bob Fitzgerald on the Warriors who is both biased and not very good at his job.

Grant is actually one of the better and more respected PBP guys.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From Star Trek TNG: It is not a time to worry about stabilizers; it is a time to celebrate. For tomorrow we all may die! I'll take this win and celebrate. :)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Eh, once again, that's kind of on the big 2. Effort was way better from both guys today, but they got to be far more steady than they've been lately if we want to get back to winning. 11 TO's, 12 PF's. Only on the floor for 26 and 32 minutes. They did some other good stuff today, but this performance was far from the best they can do.
We let the Timberwolves score 107pts.

That's the beginning and end of it. We're just the same team we've been for 8 years now. And we'll get the just desserts for a team of that style. Decade straight of being the worst defensive franchise in the NBA just around the corner. If I wasn't born in Sacramento I'd use us a convenient punchline.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You can't fault an announcer for being unbiased. I think most fans actually respect that and it's a breath of fresh air compared to a clown like Bob Fitzgerald on the Warriors who is both biased and not very good at his job.

Grant is actually one of the better and more respected PBP guys.
Did you read my comment? I was not talking in general. I was talking about Grant possibly having an influence on the stupid officials spending way too much time reviewing disputed plays. HE SITS RIGHT NEXT TO WHERE THEY REVIEW THE STUFF. He could STFU while they're reviewing the play. I don't think I've heard any other broadcast team do that, so he doesn't need to, either.

We let the Timberwolves score 107pts.

That's the beginning and end of it. We're just the same team we've been for 8 years now. And we'll get the just desserts for a team of that style. Decade straight of being the worst defensive franchise in the NBA just around the corner. If I wasn't born in Sacramento I'd use us a convenient punchline.
That Timberwolves team is missing 3 starters. Pathetic by the Kings. I don't want to spoil anyone's happiness, but this Kings team is just sad. It feels like they're not even worth following anymore. I've watched too many years of crap product.

Is there any team out there that has been in a longer rebuilding period than us?

Did you read my comment? I was not talking in general. I was talking about Grant possibly having an influence on the stupid officials spending way too much time reviewing disputed plays. HE SITS RIGHT NEXT TO WHERE THEY REVIEW THE STUFF. He could STFU while they're reviewing the play. I don't think I've heard any other broadcast team do that, so he doesn't need to, either.
I don't think it really matters what he says because they officials standing next to him don't make the decision on the replays anyway...they NBA command center in Jersey does.

Status
Not open for further replies.