Free throws miscellany...

It will surely please you to know that The Baked Bean broke Gail Goodrich's team record of 40 straight free throws. Anyone know who holds Sac's team record for consecutive free throws and how many?

Gotta be Mitch, right?

I remember hearing some buzz about Peja and a FT record last year. I too thought he broke whichever record it was they were talking about...

Yeah, he had 66 consecutive free throws up until then.

Not sure if this has changed, but Hornacek is sixth all time with 67 consecutive FT's, so Peja is right up there.

STOJAKOVIC’S FREE THROW STREAK: Including the playoffs, Peja Stojakovic has hit his last 56 free throw attempts. Stojakovic, the league’s top free-throw shooter, finished the 2003-04 regular season making his last 41 free throw attempts. In the 2004 NBA Playoffs, Stojakovic has made all 15 of his free throw attempts. During the regular season, Stojakovic made 93 percent of his charity stripe attempts, becoming the first King since Spud Webb (1994-95) to lead the NBA in free throw accuracy (.934). In 2002-03, Mike Bibby set a new franchise record with 51 consecutive free throws. Bibby’s free throw streak came to an end in the final regular season game.

http://www.justbball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17565

Variant said:
Yeah, he had 66 consecutive free throws up until then.

Not sure if this has changed, but Hornacek is sixth all time with 67 consecutive FT's, so Peja is right up there.
Do you have that list handy? I know for sure that Michael Williams, Murphy, Rauf, and Bird all had upwards of 70. A name is missing if Hornacek is 6th.

Peja's wouldn't technically count in the books, so that means Bibby holds your team record, no? Or is it Spud?

Last edited:
Never could find a list Gargamel... just had to piece it together from blurbs found via Googling. :(

Too bad NBA.com doesn't have a handy page with records and such on it.

Evenstar said:
i thought it was mike. i though peja came close to breaking it, or maybe he actually did break it.. ah hell

*runs to do some research*
yes, it's MIKE.

peja came close. very very close. i know because once i heard that peja is nearing mike's streak, i have paid attention to every FT peja attempts. i must admit that a part of me wanted him to miss 1 FT because he's about to break mike's record. :eek: well, he did miss 1, and i remember telling my brother right away cause we had a bet on it. if peja breaks it, i'll have to pay. so there.

**this FT streak is only for the regular season.

all I can find is the top 3 list:

Michael Williams, Minnesota 97 (3/24/93 to 11/9/93)
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, Denver 81 (3/15/93 to 11/16/93)
Calvin Murphy, Houston 78 (12/27/80 to 2/28/81)