Fox and/or #4 Trade Ideas

I haven't looked at his advanced stats, but Dort + Mitchell + Daniels/Sochan gets the Kings into the playoffs. Kings go from one of the worse perimeter defending teams to one of the best. I've like Dort for a lonnnnnng time.
Hard to get a read on a guy like Dort. Had that massive breakout as a defensive star in the 19-20 playoffs, basically shutting down Harden as well as you can and then OKC has been on the full tank the last few seasons while he's only played 50 games each season. He's obviously miscast in his role there where they need him to be a feature option and there's just not a whole lot of talent.

The numbers aren't good, but I think watching him he's an actual difference maker on defense. He's someone I'd be willing to take a leap on where if you put him in a proper role, the impact numbers get better. Still just 23 as well. As a 2023 UFA, he's one of my favorite targets that summer to use our cap space on.
He passes the eye test on defense and can put up numbers on offense here and there but there aren't any difference makers out there that I can think of that have a negative VORP. He's also tied for the 2nd worst defensive rating on his team this last year. Maybe the metrics have him wrong but I wouldn't trade for him and then be forced into a situation where you have to pay him or lose him. Could easily wind up being a negative contract.

If he would have had more of an improvement over his first 3 years I'd consider it but he went from -.4 to -.6 to -.1 VORP this year. His Lebron metrics aren't very good either. Just not a needle mover so far.

I would have taken a flyer on him back when kb02 was first calling for him but not anymore.