• 10th pick treadmill

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Tanktacular

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
Ham quote. "It is his decision to say I'm not playing."

Ham quote:
"He has told the team his ankle is sore and he's not going to play."
Fox for Sabonis. Filler and picks on either side. Do it, MMM.

Though Mark Stein is saying the Kings are aggressively pursuing Jerami Grant. Losing six straight and going after Grant would just be so freaking dumb.

Fox for Sabonis. Filler and picks on either side. Do it, MMM.

Though Mark Stein is saying the Kings are aggressively pursuing Jerami Grant. Losing six straight and going after Grant would just be so freaking dumb.
yeah but par for the course for the Kings. Try to make the play-in to get blown out in the playin game. Then claim you made the play-offs and have zero people believe you.

Ham quote:

You got something additional, that's fine. But I didn't make anything up.
Also said that that there was no indication at all, that he was injured up until right before the Milwaukee game. He was also "missing in action" from the team and didn't show up to the bench area, until after the first half of that game. Weird situation, if it's nothing but a sore ankle that suddenly happened....which I don't believe is the case

yeah but par for the course for the Kings. Try to make the play-in to get blown out in the playin game. Then claim you made the play-offs and have zero people believe you.
Oh, for sure. They’ll make a commercial out of it. Kings broke the playoff drought in 2022! Come join us in 2022-23 as Jerami Grant and De’Aron Fox lead the Kings into the playoffs once again!

Oh, for sure. They’ll make a commercial out of it. Kings broke the playoff drought in 2022! Come join us in 2022-23 as Jerami Grant and De’Aron Fox lead the Kings into the playoffs once again!
I think at the point they do that I will throw in the towel and become a Warrior fan.

Also said that that there was no indication at all, that he was injured up until right before the Milwaukee game. He was also "missing in action" from the team and didn't show up to the bench area, until after the first half of that game. Weird situation, if it's nothing but a sore ankle that suddenly happened....which I don't believe is the case
Thank you. I was getting gaslighted for a moment there. That's exactly what I heard as well.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Fox has been a moody weirdo all season...

But I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's being held out for trade reasons.

Honestly if there was more going on than that, sports media would probably already be all over it. Everybody loves a good "Free Player X from poorly run small market team Y" story...

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think at the point they do that I will throw in the towel and become a Warrior fan.
I've taken breaks from this team a few times in the last few years. And I've thought about giving up on the Kings completely. But I've never done it. This trade deadline could be the final straw for me. As bad as this core is, I'd rather see no moves (which would be an abject failure in its own right IMO) than some shortsighted, bad deals that mortgage future FRPs for a bad attempt to "win now" that hamstrings the team and ensures more mediocre treadmilling.

If it ends up being an overpay for Jerami Grant I don't see why I'd bother with this team again until there's a change in ownership.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fox has been a moody weirdo all season...
He definitely hasn't been himself. I wonder if his slow start/failure to take another leap is causing some of his perceived sullenness or the other way around.

Years of losing and inept management/ownership have to take a toll. Which hurts even more given that Fox wanted to be in Sacramento and help turn things around.

Ham quote:

You got something additional, that's fine. But I didn't make anything up.
Unless a player has something that shows up on an x ray or an MRI, isn't it their decision to not play anytime they're injured? It's not like anyone else knows what kind of pain they're going through.

Weird way for Ham to preface it. Sounds like he's attempting to drum up drama out of nothing.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Unless a player has something that shows up on an x ray or an MRI, isn't it their decision to not play anytime they're injured? It's not like anyone else knows what kind of pain they're going through.

Weird way for Ham to preface it. Sounds like he's attempting to drum up drama out of nothing.
The Sacramento media? Drum up drama out of nothing? Why that's practically unheard of. When has that ever happened? :oops:

It is the players choice, but there is also a difference between being injured and hurting. Soreness could be a symptom of tendinitis, which you definitely want to tend to and have the medical staff look at. The medical staff saying you might want to stay off that and rest is one thing. But a player saying, I'm sore and not playing and there are no reports of testing or medical staff recommendations is different. The team declining to comment on any medical intervention (per Ham)for the injury creates questions.

Nobody here is attacking Fox personally. Missing 4 or 5 games right before the trade deadline in the midst of a 7 game slide with no reported objective medical findings will raise eyebrows.

He definitely hasn't been himself. I wonder if his slow start/failure to take another leap is causing some of his perceived sullenness or the other way around.

Years of losing and inept management/ownership have to take a toll. Which hurts even more given that Fox wanted to be in Sacramento and help turn things around.
Losing can take a toll, being mismanaged as a franchise definetly takes a toll. This is why I always hated the argument of needing to sign Zbo, VC and GHill ect for 50mil/year for building a "winning culture". It doesnt matter if we win 26 games or 33 games. We still lose a lot more than we win and our talent level isnt good enough to build that winning culture.

When you lose as a franchise for few years BUT you have a clear plan that the players can trust on how to be competetive in three years, its much easier to accept some losing seasons. For a player and for a fan. When you see those new top end draftees coming in knowing they are extremely talented, knowing you have a warchest of assets you can spend once the young guys have develope, it brings hope and direction. Knowing that the whole franchise knows what its doing and knowing you have an acutall chance of really build something, imo there is so much more value in that rather than trying to hover around .400 without a clear and believable plan on how to take the next step.

I just hope every day that the brain trust of this franchise realizes this. I can hardly blame Fox for him being extremely fed up with this garbage. Fans are extremely fed up. If year after year the best a franchise can offer is 7% chance of maybe being the 18th best team without a probable path to become anything more than that, then I would be extremely fed up too as a talented player whose dream is to compete for a championship.

Losing can take a toll, being mismanaged as a franchise definetly takes a toll. This is why I always hated the argument of needing to sign Zbo, VC and GHill ect for 50mil/year for building a "winning culture". It doesnt matter if we win 26 games or 33 games. We still lose a lot more than we win and our talent level isnt good enough to build that winning culture.

When you lose as a franchise for few years BUT you have a clear plan that the players can trust on how to be competetive in three years, its much easier to accept some losing seasons. For a player and for a fan. When you see those new top end draftees coming in knowing they are extremely talented, knowing you have a warchest of assets you can spend once the young guys have develope, it brings hope and direction. Knowing that the whole franchise knows what its doing and knowing you have an acutall chance of really build something, imo there is so much more value in that rather than trying to hover around .400 without a clear and believable plan on how to take the next step.

I just hope every day that the brain trust of this franchise realizes this. I can hardly blame Fox for him being extremely fed up with this garbage. Fans are extremely fed up. If year after year the best a franchise can offer is 7% chance of maybe being the 18th best team without a probable path to become anything more than that, then I would be extremely fed up too as a talented player whose dream is to compete for a championship.
This franchise messed up when they fired Joeger. Joeger wanted to go slow the year after. Fox and Buddy needed to go through that process, learning how to score and win within a structured offense. Instead the Kings catered to Fox and Buddy, doubled down on pace, and allowed Fox and Buddy to run. 5 years later and both players are stuck in mud, doing the same sh*t that they've been doing since they're rookie years. Both got paid though, so props to them. Who's at fault? 60/40 Kings ownership/execs to 40% players.

I'm not counting Malone, because he was before the Fox/Buddy/Vlade generation.

Kingster

Hall of Famer

I'm still PO'd at his lazy-a$$ self at the beginning of the season. What in hell was he doing in the off-season? Contemplating the bad Kings team? Getting fat? Being lazy? Absolutely no excuse for him coming into camp out of shape. He's the most talented player, the highest paid, and he just sucked at the beginning of the season. What a great message to send the team. And then he goes into sullen protection mode when he's asked about why he sucked.:rolleyes: Fox has talent, no doubt. But talent isn't all there is to winning.