Foul or No Foul?

I agree - but the referee's two minute report says it's not. I like reading that report because it tells you a bit about how the game is officiated. I think it is a group of refs in Secaucus who do the reports, so, if they agree that it is not a foul while having plenty of time to review the video and discuss it, that tells me that other refs will also start calling it that way (now or later). I've always believed that you COULD call a foul on almost any play, but it is interesting to see how game calling evolves, especially with a lot of new refs replacing the old guard.

It's been many years since I sat courtside, but I remember that the biggest difference was hearing all the talking the refs did to the players. Dick Bavetta was amazing. He would say, "Get off him, get off him, don't pin his arm or I'm blowing the whistle" or something like that before he called a foul.

Not sure if it is still that way, but back then, no one could act outraged when a foul was called before they were warned numerous times prior.

So, here is another, where Willie sets the screen - Foul or No Foul?

http://official.nba.com/last-two-minute-report/?gameNo=0021701018&eventNum=1038