Following 2019 draftees!!!

So I think the Kings pick 40th, 47th and 60th.

2nd rd pick landed 42nd but it goes to Philly, and in turn we get the 60th pick! So if Vlade can pull some magic with the last pick in the draft he can further recoup value from that lopsided trade.

Also with the other pick landing at 40 anyone they woulda been hoping for at 42, they can scoop up at 40.

All things considered -- not too shabby, coulda been a lil better but also coulda been considerably worse.

I'm not crazy bout lots of the mocks thats why i do my own but I'm gonna go and re-do the Kings picks on their boards lie for fun;

Tankathon - P40; Charles Bassey, P47; Darius Bazley P60; Devon Dotson
ESPN - P40:Ayo Dosunmu, P47: Charles Bassey, P60; Marcos Louzada Silva
NBAdraft.net - 40: Talen Horton-Tucker, 47: Jaylen Hoard, 60: Leugentz Dort
Walterfootball(lol wut?) - 40: Darius Bazley, 47: Brian Bowen, 60; Kyle Guy

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
So I think the Kings pick 40th, 47th and 60th.

2nd rd pick landed 42nd but it goes to Philly, and in turn we get the 60th pick! So if Vlade can pull some magic with the last pick in the draft he can further recoup value from that lopsided trade.

Also with the other pick landing at 40 anyone they woulda been hoping for at 42, they can scoop up at 40.

All things considered -- not too shabby, coulda been a lil better but also coulda been considerably worse.

I'm not crazy bout lots of the mocks thats why i do my own but I'm gonna go and re-do the Kings picks on their boards lie for fun;

Tankathon - P40; Charles Bassey, P47; Darius Bazley P60; Devon Dotson
ESPN - P40:Ayo Dosunmu, P47: Charles Bassey, P60; Marcos Louzada Silva
NBAdraft.net - 40: Talen Horton-Tucker, 47: Jaylen Hoard, 60: Leugentz Dort
Walterfootball(lol wut?) - 40: Darius Bazley, 47: Brian Bowen, 60; Kyle Guy
Well I'm still hopeful that my boy Windler will slide to us at 40, but I fear that his performance in the Maryland game, along with his workouts will get him taken before we pick. Should we trade up to grab him? I saw Bassey play quite a few times, and I have mixed feelings about him. He doesn't blow me away, but at the same time, he was a victim of selfish guards that never got him the ball. I question why he wears knee supports on both knee's. Might be nothing, but I'd want a doctors report on him.

I think, based totally on his highschool performances, Bazley could be a steal in the 2nd rd. Dosunmu, Dort, and Horton-Tucker are all good prospects. I doubt that Guy lasts till the 60th pick, but if he's sitting there, I grab him. I have some other choices that I'll post in the near future. Unfortunately, most of mine are borderline bottom of the 1st rd, top of the 2nd rd choices. But hey, someone will slide.

With Jontay Porter suffering another knee injury, he's going to slide. The question is, how far, and if he slides all the way down to the 40th pick, do you take him and hope he makes a full recovery. If he does make a full recovery, you have lottery pick talent for a 2nd rd price. You likely won't have him on the court for a minimum of one year, maybe two, but at this phase of the teams rebuild, why not?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Bassley is a very interesting player. He reminds me a bit of Kanter and Vucevic.
Yeah, I'm not writing him off, it's just that he's sort of hard to get a read on. I think I saw every televised game he was on, which wasn't many. He appears to have a decent post game, and he does shoot the three. The problem is, in most games he hardly touched the ball. I could see there we're games where he got tired of fighting for position. I think there's something there, I just wish he would have had more opportunities to show his abilities.

Bassey, to me, looks legit in the scope of this draft.. I believe the "He picked up the game late, but is a natural/quick learner" sales pitch, there's a chance he could transition smoothly ((HE IS SUPER YOUNG, will turn 19 right at the start of the season)

Sort of like a Nene Hilario. He is a tank, kid is very strong, He can hold position down in the trenches for OREBS/Tapouts.. I believe in a few things with him; he's got good hands, he's got pretty good feet, I think he' looks like he can be a proficient passer, better than Kanter for example at that age. He's got solid touch too 77% FT's, thats no joke.. Also there's no mistaking that wingspan his arms are 7'5" or 7'6".

The question with him is how ready is he to contribute? That remains to be seen. IDK how some look at him and see 2nd rd material. I think Givony/ESPN is wrong, he seems to me, several clicks better than players like Marques Bolden and Austin Wiley.

Oh. Ayo Dosunmu announced he's returning to Illinois, not testing the waters. Presumably to showcase for the top-20 next year. He would have been some kind of steal in this draft where the Kings are picking. Doesn't exactly help the depth of this draft at Combo Guard.

Nic Claxton is testing the waters. Thats good news. He is certainly good enough to warrant an NBA combine invite. Very interested to see how he measures out.

He is ultimately a lesser version of Marvin tho to be blunt.

ya know, the more i think of what to do with the pick, the more i settle on Admiral Schofield being worth taking a flier on.. He'd be a crowd favorite I think here. Plays with great energy and he's strogn and athletic and battle tested and can shoot 3's..

I think he's a match with Marvin in sort of the way u see with Corey Brewer

ya know, the more i think of what to do with the pick, the more i settle on Admiral Schofield being worth taking a flier on.. He'd be a crowd favorite I think here. Plays with great energy and he's strogn and athletic and battle tested and can shoot 3's..

I think he's a match with Marvin in sort of the way u see with Corey Brewer
I can't see how the dude makes it into the 2nd round. He needs to get better in some major areas but with that combo of size, spot shooting, and athletic ability no way he's a 2nd round prospect in a draft like this one or with the types of players NBA teams value right now.

Oh... so Moses Brown is testing the waters after-all, cool. MUST get him in for a workout here.

He tried to keep the troops together for you UCLA fans... Once Wilkes and others declared, then he threw in his name too.. he was all for giving it another ride tho..

Last edited:
Ya know I gotta say the more footage I see from Brazilian SG - Marcos Louzada Silva, the more I like the idea of the Kings takin him...

Not saying its probable, but there's a chance this kid could be 'catching lightning in a bottle' type scenario..

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Oh... so Moses Brown is testing the waters after-all, cool. MUST get him in for a workout here.

He tried to keep the troops together for you UCLA fans... Once Wilkes and others declared, then he threw in his name too.. he was all for giving it another ride tho..
The more players that enter and muddy the waters, the better.

The more players that enter and muddy the waters, the better.
For sure. The C position, like most drafts, is looking like a bit of a crapshoot.

When it comes to Moses, I just am a staunch believer that he has more skills to show than what was asked of him at UCLA!

Also he is just interesting in the scope of this draft because I truly do believe he's got potential to be a starting C in the NBA ---- someday, So i guess I just believe he's safer than the consensus does.

He's a kid who started playing ball fairly late, the way his body has grown in the last few years too is not conducive to immediate performance.

The big thing with me and Bigs and its something I ask about every PF or C I see is: what are his chances of improving every year for many years to come? and Moses really tests out well n this because of his ability with the ball, he has great hand eye coordination, and you really see in recent years and again this season NBA C's starting to take 3's several years into their careers (Alex Len for example) and Moses is one of those guys who's really got a nice skillset offensively for if his midrange.

I believe that if Moses could shoot like Skal he'd be a top10 guy.

Speaking of long-term bigs.... We've reached the offseason soooooooo ---- I'm gonna start the Following 2020 potential Draftees thread.

Its TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! the 2020's are almost here!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
For sure. The C position, like most drafts, is looking like a bit of a crapshoot.

When it comes to Moses, I just am a staunch believer that he has more skills to show than what was asked of him at UCLA!

Also he is just interesting in the scope of this draft because I truly do believe he's got potential to be a starting C in the NBA ---- someday, So i guess I just believe he's safer than the consensus does.

He's a kid who started playing ball fairly late, the way his body has grown in the last few years too is not conducive to immediate performance.

The big thing with me and Bigs and its something I ask about every PF or C I see is: what are his chances of improving every year for many years to come? and Moses really tests out well n this because of his ability with the ball, he has great hand eye coordination, and you really see in recent years and again this season NBA C's starting to take 3's several years into their careers (Alex Len for example) and Moses is one of those guys who's really got a nice skillset offensively for if his midrange.

I believe that if Moses could shoot like Skal he'd be a top10 guy.
First off, any center with the first name Moses, is OK with me. Ahemm, I was a big fan of Moses Malone:p Second, I like the kid. As you said, he's a late bloomer, similar to Willie, although an entirely different kind of player. If it's the Kings intent, to not give Willie a qualifying offer, then I think it's imperative that they acquire a young center to develop, regardless of what they do in free agency to fill that position.

Another thought I had was to try and acquire the Lakers 1st rd pick. Why would they want to give it up you ask. Well, last time I checked they had a player named Lebron on the team, who is not getting any younger, and who wants to win now. You won't do that with rookies. So my thought was to make a pre-emptive strike on our salary cap for 2020/21. Both Bogdanovic and Hield will be have capholds if given a qualifying offer. Bogdanovic's will be $16,205,823.00. That's a chunk of change. Both play the same position, and I'm sure that most people would choose Buddy if they had to choose.

So I would attempt to trade Bog's to the Lakers, giving them an experienced player that can hit the three and help spread the floor, which would make Lebron happy, for the Laker's 11th pick in the draft. I would then draft Bol Bol, who would be a perfect fit for what the Kings are trying to do. I think that if Bol hadn't gotten injured, he might have been a top 5 pick, top 7 for sure. He runs the floor well, blocks shots, and can shoot the three. He has to get a lot stronger of course.

You then have your center of the future who can grow with the rest of the young core. You open up capspace for the immediate future as well. I hate to move Bog's. But you have to give up something to get something, and a young center is more of a need than a backup SG, who might actually start for the Lakers.

Another option might be to see if the Celtics would be interested in trading us our own pick back for Bogdanovic. The risk being, that the pick is 3 picks later, and Bol Bol might be gone. Anyway, just a thought.

Oh... Texas A&M was dreadful this year, but Savion Flagg is a pro prospect for sure and he's entered his name in the draft.

I'd hope they get him in for a workout, if he shoots the 3 nicely he could actually get drafted in the late 2nd IMO. Interesting possible fit here in Sacramento too, because he's a strong kid.

He's about 6'7", pretty damn athletic. Turns 20 next month. Seems like a good kid too.

Qyntel Woods is a bit of an infamous name in draft circles but he kinda reminds me of Qyntel Woods.

Last edited:
Serbian Zoran Paunovic 6'7" wing, born in 2000 has declared. There's a handful of Serbs born in 98 and 99 declared as well including Borisa Simanic.

Simanic is a player with seemingly nice tools just, from what i've seen, doesn't really have agreat feel for the game. interested to hear what kind of improvements he's made.

First off, any center with the first name Moses, is OK with me. Ahemm, I was a big fan of Moses Malone:p Second, I like the kid. As you said, he's a late bloomer, similar to Willie, although an entirely different kind of player. If it's the Kings intent, to not give Willie a qualifying offer, then I think it's imperative that they acquire a young center to develop, regardless of what they do in free agency to fill that position.

Another thought I had was to try and acquire the Lakers 1st rd pick. Why would they want to give it up you ask. Well, last time I checked they had a player named Lebron on the team, who is not getting any younger, and who wants to win now. You won't do that with rookies. So my thought was to make a pre-emptive strike on our salary cap for 2020/21. Both Bogdanovic and Hield will be have capholds if given a qualifying offer. Bogdanovic's will be $16,205,823.00. That's a chunk of change. Both play the same position, and I'm sure that most people would choose Buddy if they had to choose.

So I would attempt to trade Bog's to the Lakers, giving them an experienced player that can hit the three and help spread the floor, which would make Lebron happy, for the Laker's 11th pick in the draft. I would then draft Bol Bol, who would be a perfect fit for what the Kings are trying to do. I think that if Bol hadn't gotten injured, he might have been a top 5 pick, top 7 for sure. He runs the floor well, blocks shots, and can shoot the three. He has to get a lot stronger of course.

You then have your center of the future who can grow with the rest of the young core. You open up capspace for the immediate future as well. I hate to move Bog's. But you have to give up something to get something, and a young center is more of a need than a backup SG, who might actually start for the Lakers.

I still like the idea of swapping Bogdan for the rights to Tyler Herro too.

Another option might be to see if the Celtics would be interested in trading us our own pick back for Bogdanovic. The risk being, that the pick is 3 picks later, and Bol Bol might be gone. Anyway, just a thought.
Bol would be an incredible steal. I wonder what the Kings ppl think of Nassir Little as a trade up target. He would add some edge and toughness to this team. Little on the Kings would be a boom or bust situation for sure tho, dont think there'd be much middleground.

Last edited:

Future PG of the Latvian National team Arturs Zagars is in. He is sharp offensive player and about 6'3" with sneaky explosive hops. Would be a heck of a prize in this draft given our position. Plus we got the peices in place to give him a year to kinda integrate (he's born in 2000)

bajaden

Hall of Famer

Future PG of the Latvian National team Arturs Zagars is in. He is sharp offensive player and about 6'3" with sneaky explosive hops. Would be a heck of a prize in this draft given our position. Plus we got the peices in place to give him a year to kinda integrate (he's born in 2000)
LOL, I like the J. Will behind the back fake he did. His release reminds me of Curry a bit. Just a little slower. He's definitely a prospect and would answer our backup PG need. As you said, he would need some time to acclimate to the NBA, but there's definitely something there.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Bol would be an incredible steal. I wonder what the Kings ppl think of Nassir Little as a trade up target. He would add some edge and toughness to this team. Little on the Kings would be a boom or bust situation for sure tho, dont think there'd be much middleground.
There's a lot of potential with Little, and I think he would have flourished in a different program, like Kentucky's, or Oregon's etc. A program where he had a little more freedom to play to his strengths. That said, it was probably a good thing for him to learn some discipline even if it hurt his draft stock. As to boom or bust, it probably depends on the expectations of the team drafting him. I think it's going to take a couple of years for Little to develop into the player we think he should be.

Personally, I wouldn't trade up for him, unless the price was small. In other words, I wouldn't give up a significant player to get him. Maybe Mason, or Yogi, but that's it. (2) 2nd rd picks, yes! In Bol Bol's case, I think you have a potential star. Not so sure about Little.

There's a lot of potential with Little, and I think he would have flourished in a different program, like Kentucky's, or Oregon's etc. A program where he had a little more freedom to play to his strengths. That said, it was probably a good thing for him to learn some discipline even if it hurt his draft stock. As to boom or bust, it probably depends on the expectations of the team drafting him. I think it's going to take a couple of years for Little to develop into the player we think he should be.

Personally, I wouldn't trade up for him, unless the price was small. In other words, I wouldn't give up a significant player to get him. Maybe Mason, or Yogi, but that's it. (2) 2nd rd picks, yes! In Bol Bol's case, I think you have a potential star. Not so sure about Little.
Yeah Little is a player I think is a match here, super athlete plus with the way our ball movement and pace is he could use his 1st step plenty, and grab boards, add toughness. He is a match in the small-ball lineup too, even with Harrison Barnes.

Barnes obviously fills that spot though, if he's here. So not a big need.

I dont really anticipate a trade up into the lottery. I'd guess It'd be a 25-30 pick if its in the 1st. I'm already lookign forward to the 2020 first rd picks hehe, Precious Achuwia might be a better fit here than what I'm thinking about with Little, I think they'd both pair well with Marvin.

I would still do the Bogdan for the rights to Tyler Herro tho, in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
I haven't followed this year's draft anywhere near as much as I have previous years.. mostly because the Kings don't have a pick. However, I just went through a couple games of Porter Jr, Langford, Herro, and Nickeil Alexander-Walker each in that order.

BIG QUESTION. How in the heck isn't Alexander-Walker on top of draft boards??
Watching Alexander-Walker after those guys was the difference between night and day.

1. 19 year old Porter Jr is a lefty with a very smooth step back and nice jumpshot, but that jumpshot isn't as good as 40% indicates. He shot very poorly from the FT line at under 60%. His big weaknesses is that he's a poor passer and playmaker, but that's not to say he doesn't play within an offense. He's much more comfortable as an on-ball shot creator, but relies too much on the step back with lacking in counter moves. His quickness allows him to get to the rim and finish. He also does show some PnR flashes. In the end, not sold completely on his jumper. On defense he was lost, and even a step slow constantly getting beat on angles, but he's a freshman which is excusable. He's got a strong 6'6 210lb frame with a 6'9 wingspan. I think he'll be able to defend both SGs and SFs in the NBA down the line. His game reminds me shades of Malachi Richarrdson at Syracuse.... but I think Porter Jr has a higher ceiling, but he's just raw right now. His suspension leaves a question mark for me. Athletic ability is above average.

2. 19 year old Langford's instinct for scoring is extremely unique. He's got good ball handling ability and he uses his array of moves to get all the way to the rim. He's a very creative scorer showing you touch from outside the restrict area. He's also a good passer who plays within the offense. His playmaking ability is very solid with lots of room to grow in this area. His biggest weakness is the poor 3pt shooting. 27.2% from 3 and 72.7% from FT. He did shoot a high sample of 3pters at 3.9/game, but that shot is bad. His defense looked alright. Moved his feet decently and had similar freshman mistakes. He's 6'6 210lb(not sure) with a 6'11 wingpsan. He's got a slender build. I think he's a SG all the way through. His athletic ability is average. He does possess quickness on-ball, but he's not a dunker.

3. 19 yearold Herro is a good shooter, albeit streaky at 35.5% from 3pt, but an amazing 93.5% from FT. Herro does a great job moving off ball screens and getting himself open. He's really got a great form and set shot. He shows some flashes of being an on-ball player and faciltiator, but I don't think his handles are tight enough for the NBA. He does have a couple moves he uses to break down defenses, but he's pretty reliant on screens to get himself open. He's very smart with the ball and he's a good passer. He struggles to consistently get all the way to the rim due to his lack of quickness. He also struggles finishing against bigger or lengthier players. On defense, I'll give him credit for his effort, but his lack of length, size, and lateral make him a liability. He's 6'5 195lbs with a 6'4/6'5 wingspan. He's the most promising shooter among everyone on this list, but he has to improve elsewhere, mostly his defense.

Nickeil Alexander-Walker warrants his own thread imo.

20 year old Nickeil Alexander-Walker: 6'6 200lb SG with a 6'9 wingspan.

This sequence just absolutely sold me on him: https://streamable.com/18195

Alexander-Walker is a good shooter. In his sophomore year shooting 37.4% from 3pt and 77.4% from FT. He shows both of the ability to catch and shoot and also create off the bounce. He's a good ball handler who's comfortable with the ball in his hands, but he can also play off-ball. He's got very creative handles able to pick and choose his spots on the floor. Using his ball handling and quickness, Alexander-Walker easily gets to the rim, but at times he struggles to finish at times due to his lack of strength and skinnier frame. He does a good job at getting to the line. Off-ball, he does a good job freeing himself up behind the 3pt line with 89.7% of his 3pt shots coming assisted. For reference, Herro is at 81.7% of his 3pt shots assisted. Alexander-Walker's playmaking ability is really good for a 2 guard. His vision and passing ability is good. On the contrary, he can be turnover prone often forcing passes or misques. He averages 4ast to 2.9tos a game. On defense his smaller frame gets him in trouble, but he has quick feet and very quick hands. He averages 1.9stls a game as he flashes potential to be an impact perimeter defender as a SG and potentially PG. Athletic ability is good as he runs the floor well in the open floor doing a good job being able to control his athleticism.

I have no clue how he's not ranked higher. ESPN has him 23. TheStephien 20. I think he's better than all of those guys I named above. He's got almost everything you're looking for in a SG.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well, Alexander-Walker is one of my favorite players that at one time I had hope he might slide down to us in the 2nd rd. Of course it was a pipe dream. He's an aggressive player, which sometimes ends up with a missed assignment on defense, or a turnover on offense, but neither of those things are due to lack of ability. When I look at Walker, everything I see that's a weakness is easily correctable. Alexander-Walker is a very good defender and he has the ability to be a lock down defender. As you said, he's a good shooter, and with a little better shot selection and a bit more discipline on offense, his percentages will go up.

He shot around 47% overall, which is very good for a jump shooter. He has good handles, and as I said, most of his turnovers are a result of being too aggressive at times. I personally have him higher on my board than ESPN, and I suspect that he'll move up a bit after the lottery and he has some individual workouts.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I haven't followed this year's draft anywhere near as much as I have previous years.. mostly because the Kings don't have a pick. However, I just went through a couple games of Porter Jr, Langford, Herro, and Nickeil Alexander-Walker each in that order.

BIG QUESTION. How in the heck isn't Alexander-Walker on top of draft boards??
Watching Alexander-Walker after those guys was the difference between night and day.

1. 19 year old Porter Jr is a lefty with a very smooth step back and nice jumpshot, but that jumpshot isn't as good as 40% indicates. He shot very poorly from the FT line at under 60%. His big weaknesses is that he's a poor passer and playmaker, but that's not to say he doesn't play within an offense. He's much more comfortable as an on-ball shot creator, but relies too much on the step back with lacking in counter moves. His quickness allows him to get to the rim and finish. He also does show some PnR flashes. In the end, not sold completely on his jumper. On defense he was lost, and even a step slow constantly getting beat on angles, but he's a freshman which is excusable. He's got a strong 6'6 210lb frame with a 6'9 wingspan. I think he'll be able to defend both SGs and SFs in the NBA down the line. His game reminds me shades of Malachi Richarrdson at Syracuse.... but I think Porter Jr has a higher ceiling, but he's just raw right now. His suspension leaves a question mark for me. Athletic ability is above average.

2. 19 year old Langford's instinct for scoring is extremely unique. He's got good ball handling ability and he uses his array of moves to get all the way to the rim. He's a very creative scorer showing you touch from outside the restrict area. He's also a good passer who plays within the offense. His playmaking ability is very solid with lots of room to grow in this area. His biggest weakness is the poor 3pt shooting. 27.2% from 3 and 72.7% from FT. He did shoot a high sample of 3pters at 3.9/game, but that shot is bad. His defense looked alright. Moved his feet decently and had similar freshman mistakes. He's 6'6 210lb(not sure) with a 6'11 wingpsan. He's got a slender build. I think he's a SG all the way through. His athletic ability is average. He does possess quickness on-ball, but he's not a dunker.

3. 19 yearold Herro is a good shooter, albeit streaky at 35.5% from 3pt, but an amazing 93.5% from FT. Herro does a great job moving off ball screens and getting himself open. He's really got a great form and set shot. He shows some flashes of being an on-ball player and faciltiator, but I don't think his handles are tight enough for the NBA. He does have a couple moves he uses to break down defenses, but he's pretty reliant on screens to get himself open. He's very smart with the ball and he's a good passer. He struggles to consistently get all the way to the rim due to his lack of quickness. He also struggles finishing against bigger or lengthier players. On defense, I'll give him credit for his effort, but his lack of length, size, and lateral make him a liability. He's 6'5 195lbs with a 6'4/6'5 wingspan. He's the most promising shooter among everyone on this list, but he has to improve elsewhere, mostly his defense.

Nickeil Alexander-Walker warrants his own thread imo.
I'm not as high on Herro as some others, and I admit it's more of a gut thing. Not saying he's not a talent, just something about his body language, and at times, lack of BBIQ that bothers me. He takes a lot of contested shots, and too often he takes them at crucial moments in the game. However, most of that is correctable. He gets very sloppy with his ball handling at times, and isn't a good finisher. He is a 1st rd pick, but there are others I would take over him at his position. Langford isn't one of them, but Porter is.

Porter is very very talented and when he's on the floor that becomes obvious. One thing that's perplexed me is his poor free throw shooting. He shot over 40% from the three, and around 47% overall. His suspension is the only reason he's as low on the draft boards as he is. He has great size for the SG position and he's a very good athlete. His father Kevin Porter Sr. was also a very good player, but was shot to death trying to come to someone's assistance when Kevin Porter Jr. was 4 years old.

I don't know what the suspension was about, but there seems to have been some disagreement between Porter and the team as to whether he was capable of playing or not after he came back from an injury. Sort of reminds me of the Kawhi Leonard situation. Porter is the only player that I might take over Nickeil Alexander-Walker.

I'm not as high on Herro as some others, and I admit it's more of a gut thing. Not saying he's not a talent, just something about his body language, and at times, lack of BBIQ that bothers me. He takes a lot of contested shots, and too often he takes them at crucial moments in the game. However, most of that is correctable. He gets very sloppy with his ball handling at times, and isn't a good finisher. He is a 1st rd pick, but there are others I would take over him at his position. Langford isn't one of them, but Porter is.

Porter is very very talented and when he's on the floor that becomes obvious. One thing that's perplexed me is his poor free throw shooting. He shot over 40% from the three, and around 47% overall. His suspension is the only reason he's as low on the draft boards as he is. He has great size for the SG position and he's a very good athlete. His father Kevin Porter Sr. was also a very good player, but was shot to death trying to come to someone's assistance when Kevin Porter Jr. was 4 years old.

I don't know what the suspension was about, but there seems to have been some disagreement between Porter and the team as to whether he was capable of playing or not after he came back from an injury. Sort of reminds me of the Kawhi Leonard situation. Porter is the only player that I might take over Nickeil Alexander-Walker.
Wasn't aware of that bit about KPJ's dad. Watching some interviews with him, he seems really determined which is a good sign. He's definitely the best athlete out of these guys. I like his potential, but I think he's on the rawer side as it stands right now. I was pondering around the idea of trading Bogdan for a mid-round draft pick. KPJ could potentially be one of those targets, but I do prefer Alexander-Walker. Maybe I've got something against Buddy's age again, but I find myself constantly looking at athletic SGs to pair next to Fox. Not looking to replace Buddy... but when you see that a prospect like Porter Jr is 7 years younger than Buddy, it does open your eyes a bit. If the Kings do trade Bogdan, I would want a similar replacement though.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Wasn't aware of that bit about KPJ's dad. Watching some interviews with him, he seems really determined which is a good sign. He's definitely the best athlete out of these guys. I like his potential, but I think he's on the rawer side as it stands right now. I was pondering around the idea of trading Bogdan for a mid-round draft pick. KPJ could potentially be one of those targets, but I do prefer Alexander-Walker. Maybe I've got something against Buddy's age again, but I find myself constantly looking at athletic SGs to pair next to Fox. Not looking to replace Buddy... but when you see that a prospect like Porter Jr is 7 years younger than Buddy, it does open your eyes a bit. If the Kings do trade Bogdan, I would want a similar replacement though.
Well, I'm still on the Dylan Windler bandwagon, but another player I was hoping would drop to us was Ty Jerome, who would be a decent replacement for Bogdanovic in that he can play both the PG and SG position, and who is 6'5". Jerome is used to playing off the ball with Kyle Guy. Not saying he's as good a player as Bog's, but could be close in time. The reason I like Windler is that he's ready to play right now, and he's capable of playing the SG position. He's a player I would definitely move up to grab.

As far as Buddy's age, I think you know my position on that. Unless the player is over 30 yr's of age, I could care less. As I've stated before, the average player spends 5 years or less on the same team. There are exceptions of course, but Buddy is 26 and will be 27 in Dec, I believe. So if we sign him to a four year extension next year, he'll be 32 years old at worse when the contract ends. I think you'll get your moneys worth out of that deal. The basketball hall of fame is full of players that went to school for four years.

A question you might ask, is how many SG's in the NBA are better than Buddy, and how old are they? I went through every team and here is a list of SG's that one might argue are as good as Buddy, but in my opinion, only a few are.

James Harden: age 29.
C.J. McCollum: age 27
Bradley Beal: age 25. Will be 26 in june
Victor Oladipo: age 26. Will be 27 May 4th
Devin Booker: age 22
Donovan Mitchell: age 22. Will be 23 in Sept.
Klay Thompson: age 29.
Zach Lavine: age 24
Joe Harris: age 27. Will be 28 in Sept.
Malcolm Brogdon: age 26
J. J. Redic: age 34

So how many of those players would you trade Buddy straight up for? How many of those SG's do you think are better than Buddy? I think Buddy is in a very small club, and not easily replaced. I also think he's still going to get better simply because of his terrific work ethic. I agree Porter is 7 years younger than Buddy. But how many years will pass before he's as good as Buddy, if he ever is? What's the old saying? A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Yes, Buddy will be 32 years old if he's resigned to a four year deal next offseason. But who on the team is in as good a shape as Buddy? Buddy is likely one of those players that plays solid ball until he 35/36 years old.

Well, I'm still on the Dylan Windler bandwagon, but another player I was hoping would drop to us was Ty Jerome, who would be a decent replacement for Bogdanovic in that he can play both the PG and SG position, and who is 6'5". Jerome is used to playing off the ball with Kyle Guy. Not saying he's as good a player as Bog's, but could be close in time. The reason I like Windler is that he's ready to play right now, and he's capable of playing the SG position. He's a player I would definitely move up to grab.

As far as Buddy's age, I think you know my position on that. Unless the player is over 30 yr's of age, I could care less. As I've stated before, the average player spends 5 years or less on the same team. There are exceptions of course, but Buddy is 26 and will be 27 in Dec, I believe. So if we sign him to a four year extension next year, he'll be 32 years old at worse when the contract ends. I think you'll get your moneys worth out of that deal. The basketball hall of fame is full of players that went to school for four years.

A question you might ask, is how many SG's in the NBA are better than Buddy, and how old are they? I went through every team and here is a list of SG's that one might argue are as good as Buddy, but in my opinion, only a few are.

James Harden: age 29.
C.J. McCollum: age 27
Bradley Beal: age 25. Will be 26 in june
Victor Oladipo: age 26. Will be 27 May 4th
Devin Booker: age 22
Donovan Mitchell: age 22. Will be 23 in Sept.
Klay Thompson: age 29.
Zach Lavine: age 24
Joe Harris: age 27. Will be 28 in Sept.
Malcolm Brogdon: age 26
J. J. Redic: age 34

So how many of those players would you trade Buddy straight up for? How many of those SG's do you think are better than Buddy? I think Buddy is in a very small club, and not easily replaced. I also think he's still going to get better simply because of his terrific work ethic. I agree Porter is 7 years younger than Buddy. But how many years will pass before he's as good as Buddy, if he ever is? What's the old saying? A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Yes, Buddy will be 32 years old if he's resigned to a four year deal next offseason. But who on the team is in as good a shape as Buddy? Buddy is likely one of those players that plays solid ball until he 35/36 years old.
For me, Buddy’s age can quickly become a non factor if Fox and Bagley reach him in terms of development next season. Fox made big strides this year, and it’ll be interesting to see if he can make a big jump next year as well. Bagley had a good rookie year, but he’s still raw in terms of contributing to a winning team(didn’t play within our offense) right now.

On the other hand, Buddy is arguably a top 10 SG. His shooting is elite. I’m not going to say he’s reached his ceiling, but his game is very complete now. Does his timeline align with that of Fox and Bagley who are our presumed franchise players?

I should clarify, I’m not looking to replace Buddy. He’s a great offensive fit next to Fox with his 3pt shooting. I think i’m looking more at Bogdan replacements who’s athletic ability could make for a dynamic pairing with Fox down the line. Not to minigate what Buddy has done. I’ll use Denver as an example. Their starting SG is Gary Harris, but they have a very impressive Malik Beasley off the bench.

Here’s a better example. Boston who had prior to his injury, Hayward starting at the 3 with Jayson Tatum coming off the bench.

I think the real question is... are these players worth trading Bogdan for? Despite his down year, I think Bogdan can be a very important cog for this team in the next 5 years.