Following 2019 draftees!!!

Man I just caught the replay of Nebraska - Iowa.... what a rollercoaster that game was... Isaiah Roby with an undeniably excellentperformance... He might actually be a 1st rd guy after all.. even at 6'8"..

He's one of these guys, i cant wait to hear reports of how he shoots it for teams from 3 in private workouts...

James Palmer had absolutely atrocious game not too long ago, he bounced back nicely in this one and was instrumental in the closing 6 minutes of regulation to mount that huge comeback...

Gotta imagine SVP featured this one in his "bad beats"

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Man I just caught the replay of Nebraska - Iowa.... what a rollercoaster that game was... Isaiah Roby with an undeniably excellentperformance... He might actually be a 1st rd guy after all.. even at 6'8"..

He's one of these guys, i cant wait to hear reports of how he shoots it for teams from 3 in private workouts...

James Palmer had absolutely atrocious game not too long ago, he bounced back nicely in this one and was instrumental in the closing 6 minutes of regulation to mount that huge comeback...

Gotta imagine SVP featured this one in his "bad beats"
I have mixed feelings about Roby, and I still think he goes in the 2nd rd. He's one of those players who is good at a lot of things, but not great at any one thing. He's a pretty good athlete, but I'm not sure what he is. His post defense is not very good at times. I think he can shoot the ball, but doesn't shoot it that often. There might be more there than were seeing. Or not!

I have mixed feelings about Roby, and I still think he goes in the 2nd rd. He's one of those players who is good at a lot of things, but not great at any one thing. He's a pretty good athlete, but I'm not sure what he is. His post defense is not very good at times. I think he can shoot the ball, but doesn't shoot it that often. There might be more there than were seeing. Or not!
I think he's safely in the top-45 tho which is the kings range. he mgiht be able to face up a bit and pass the ball. I have a feeling that he can grab boards too.

Oh even though Duke lost yesterday I thought that Javin Delaurier looked excellent after Marques Bolden went down. He's really athletic, got several blocks changed several more, and he is agile enough to defend guards on perimeter.

I honestly would take him with the last 2nd rd pick. Good athlete.

Oh even though Duke lost yesterday I thought that Javin Delaurier looked excellent after Marques Bolden went down. He's really athletic, got several blocks changed several more, and he is agile enough to defend guards on perimeter.

He should be on the radar for sure. He's got the look of someone that can defend across 3 positions if not 4 most nights.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

I think that if you can grab a player in the 2nd rd that's athletic and has upside, you do it. I think several players that fit that description should be available when the Kings pick. There are players that were late comers to the game. Maybe they grew up playing a different sport, so they're behind the curve a little bit, but they have untapped potential. Grab a player like that and stick him in the G-League for a year or two, and maybe you have a steal.

The other side of the coin is to grab a senior, who maybe doesn't have much upside left, but is a more finished player and ready to step in and contribute right away.

We need to get Talen Horton Tucker... he is perfect fit for the Kings... Here's the highlights from yesterdays game;

I'm watching the replay right now, not even thru the first half... Look at how he pushes it in transition!! 6'11" wingspan! Will be one of the youngest players in the league next year.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
We need to get Talen Horton Tucker... he is perfect fit for the Kings... Here's the highlights from yesterdays game;

I'm watching the replay right now, not even thru the first half... Look at how he pushes it in transition!! 6'11" wingspan! Will be one of the youngest players in the league next year.
First, I think Tucker will go in the 1st rd, but if not, and you could guarantee me that he will shoot the ball like that in every game, then I'm on board. My only problem with his has been his inconsistent outside shot. Other than that, I like him.

Fran Fraschilla claims WVU's Derek Culver is 6'10". If so he's way underrated. heck of an athlete. he was one of my favorite 4-star players in the class and he was always underrated in likt the 80's or 90's or something.

Oh I caught the SDSU game last night. Couldnt help but think that Jalen McDaniels might be a good player but ultimately is not a match here with the Kings ebcause the last thing we need is more skinny big guys...

I hope he really bulks up before the draft.

Still catching up on replays... the refs honestly screwed LSU late in this game..

Heck of performance by Naz Reid tho.. Those 3's he was burying were bigtime..

I think that if you can grab a player in the 2nd rd that's athletic and has upside, you do it. I think several players that fit that description should be available when the Kings pick.
Do you have a stance on Kenny Wooten...? He fouled out really quickly last night... He is some kind of monstrosity of an athlete though... Covers lots of ground and quickly... and very powerful...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Do you have a stance on Kenny Wooten...? He fouled out really quickly last night... He is some kind of monstrosity of an athlete though... Covers lots of ground and quickly... and very powerful...
Athleticism aside, I have some problems with Wooten. First, I think he's actually regressed a bit from his freshman year, and that's a red flag with me. I want to see progression of some kind. I wish he had more game away from the basket, but I can live with it for now. Personally, I think he should stay in school and continue to improve his game. I doubt he'll get drafted if he declares. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to signing him to our G-League team and see if we can develop him.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Still catching up on replays... the refs honestly screwed LSU late in this game..

Heck of performance by Naz Reid tho.. Those 3's he was burying were bigtime..
Yeah, Reid had a hell of a game. He's shooting around 37% from the three. Good athlete and he certainly has an NBA body. He's certainly someone you'd have to consider with our first pick in the 2nd round if he slides.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
A player that doesn't seem to get much press is Dedric Lawson, and he having a great year. He's almost averaging a 20 and 10. Right now he's averaging 19.2 ppg and 10.4 rebounds along with 1.2 steal and 1.1 blocks. Last season he averaged 2.1 blocks. He's a pretty good passer as well. He's another that we should consider if he declares.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Jeremy Harris from Buffalo is having a heck of a day. I know he's a senior, but does he have any draft stock at all or is he just having a great day?

Athleticism aside, I have some problems with Wooten. First, I think he's actually regressed a bit from his freshman year, and that's a red flag with me. I want to see progression of some kind. I wish he had more game away from the basket, but I can live with it for now. Personally, I think he should stay in school and continue to improve his game. I doubt he'll get drafted if he declares. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to signing him to our G-League team and see if we can develop him.
Bill Walton just said he stood next to Wooten in practice and he's about 6'6" or 6'7"

Jeremy Harris from Buffalo is having a heck of a day. I know he's a senior, but does he have any draft stock at all or is he just having a great day?
Yes, hut he's limited to bottom half of 2nd rd. problem here with the Kings is he's skinny, and will turn 23 right after draft.

A guy like Max Strus on DePaul I think is better fit for us if were looking for a senior.

Last edited:
Oregon is in... I gotta say tho.. Lou King is gonna go plummeting down my next mock draft... At this point I'd have to say you'd be crazy to take him over Darius Bazley..

I hope for his sake he can have a Khris Middleton type of trajectory to his career in college, cuz he's gonna need a bounceback like that..

He is not the same tho.. just not comfortable... if u saw him in HS, his game was smooth, it's all hurky jerky and oft discombulated at Oregon.

This was a complete embarassment of a performance by Washington in the 2nd half of a championship game. IDK what more there is to say, that was sheepish...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yep, I have him going about halfway through the 2nd rd . I like Harris, but he's been so inconsistent this year. He'll have great game and follow it with a turkey. I was hoping for him to build on the previous season where he shot over 40% from the three. Unfortunately that didn't happen. I think he's shooting around 29% for the season. He is a bit on the thin side, but he proven to be fairly durable, and he's actually a good rebounder for the position.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Oregon is in... I gotta say tho.. Lou King is gonna go plummeting down my next mock draft... At this point I'd have to say you'd be crazy to take him over Darius Bazley..

I hope for his sake he can have a Khris Middleton type of trajectory to his career in college, cuz he's gonna need a bounceback like that..

He is not the same tho.. just not comfortable... if u saw him in HS, his game was smooth, it's all hurky jerky and oft discombulated at Oregon.

This was a complete embarassment of a performance by Washington in the 2nd half of a championship game. IDK what more there is to say, that was sheepish...
I have King going late in the 2nd rd. Hopefully he'll stay in school for another year and develop his game. If the Kings can walk away with Bazley in the 2nd rd, then I'm a happy man. He's a very talented kid with a lot of upside. Terrific athlete as well.