Floor Spacing

Anyone else excited about the shooting potential of Bagley & Gies?

I was confident that Bagley would develop into a good shooter over time (and I am still expecting him to be inconsistent for the first year or two), but I'm more excited about Giles' shot. I didn't really have any expectation that he would be able to knock down a consistent jumper. Last night made me think twice about that.

Once Fox develops a more consistent 3pt shot (don't see how he won't with his form & work ethic), we could have five floor spacers on the floor at the same time. We're not there yet, but the potential is there.

Anyone else excited about the shooting potential of Bagley & Gies?

I was confident that Bagley would develop into a good shooter over time (and I am still expecting him to be inconsistent for the first year or two), but I'm more excited about Giles' shot. I didn't really have any expectation that he would be able to knock down a consistent jumper. Last night made me think twice about that.

Once Fox develops a more consistent 3pt shot (don't see how he won't with his form & work ethic), we could have five floor spacers on the floor at the same time. We're not there yet, but the potential is there.
I was excited to see Giles shots go in smoothly last night too, because it means they can play him and Bagley together without sacrificing too much spacing on the offensive end. Bagley's shot will take some time to become consistent, but the potential is there so long-term that's encouraging.

Really excited about it. Their so young that I expect a fair number of hiccups, but those two have the makings of a really deadly duo of modern NBA bigs.

Having 5 three point shooters on the floor almost allways means very good and effective offense. Running pick n pop/roll with floor spaced means opponent has to switch and Giles + Bagley have potential to punish those switches.

Hopefully we play Bagley+Giles most of the time and add a stretch4/combo forward so we can forget those lineups with two non shooting bigs.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
We didn't get to see much of Giles passing last night but if he has that aspect to his game look out. Nobody in the league has two tall, long, fast big men with 3 point range. Especially one that can pass. What if you can play positionless basketball with near 7 footers?
Giles had a nice pass out of the high post that his teammate (I think it was Bagley) just completely fumbled.

I am not as enamored with the 3 point shot as the rest of league seems to be. There is no doubt that it is the trend. Having big guys that can play on the perimeter and make shots is important because it brings the defense's big man away from the basket. Al Horford is a good guy to emulate.