#FireVlade / #FireWalton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vlade can be blamed for those moves, but this is a disingenuous tweet. KOC knew exactly what players the Kings have on their roster, and he did not expect them to come out this bad.
and we would NOT be 0-5 with Joerger

sick of this Luka nonsense. that kid ain't making the playoffs out west either

It's amazing how quickly this all went to crap.

The best move of the offseason, the floor spacing rim defender, has already lost his spot. Joseph and Ariza have yet to show how they fit in.

If your replace Barnes with Shump, Brewer, or JJ, you lose nothing except another 75+ million guaranteed dollars.

If the ownership is smart, they figure out within the next few weeks if this is going to work, or blow it up and start being smart about draft position. The last thing this franchise needs is Barnes,Cojo, etc leading this team to an extra 5 wins and another 10 spots down in the draft.

Vlade should do the honorable thing and resign from office. The team chemistry makes sense now. WCS got cut so we could sign Dedmon the scrub for ridiculous money. And, Harry, who the whole team loves, got stabbed in the back.

Entire FO needs to resign. Put a real competent person in charge. This team is going nowhere under this leadership. I can't believe the amounts of people who thought things changed because we won 39 games last year while pretending to act like our assistant GM didn't plot to fire our headcoach the entire time. Can't believe we fired the coach who led us to our most wins in over a decade!

Oh, I'm not going to bring up Luka Doncic either. Vlade is ****ing horrible. Luke needs to go. He didn't do crap in LA, and I can't understand why he even got hire here.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Yeah, at this point, I think the silver lining to the season would be Vlade stepping down and Vivek (hopefully learning from mistake #3012) hiring a competent GM.

Hell, maybe the Vivster will sell his stake in the team! I know he's gotten better as an owner, but I'm a firm believer in the disfunction starting at the top. Teams with crap owners suck forever.

Yeah, at this point, I think the silver lining to the season would be Vlade stepping down and Vivek (hopefully learning from mistake #3012) hiring a competent GM.

Hell, maybe the Vivster will sell his stake in the team! I know he's gotten better as an owner, but I'm a firm believer in the disfunction starting at the top. Teams with crap owners suck forever.
Has he gotten better? I think hes just quieter and more involved than ever.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Has he gotten better? I think hes just quieter and more involved than ever.
I have my suspicions, but last I heard he wanted us to draft Luka (draft day tweets from multiple sauces, IIRC), but did the right/wrong thing by leaving the decision to Vlade.

I hated Vivek's meddling, but really wanted us to draft Luka. Mr. Ranadive NOT meddling for once during last year's draft has caused me much cognitive dissonance, believe you me!

5 games is all it took.

Good job fellas.

This franchise is completely dead in the water, and the poor poor fanbase is completely aware of it.

We don’t deserve this... but to quote our old friend Rudy Gay, “Welcome to basketball hell.”
I agree.. Fire them both. Get rid of everyone on the team not named Bogdan, Marvin, De'Aaron, Buddy, Richaun, Nemanja and Harrison.

If they blow it up again I'm actually done for a few years. They might figure it out. I hope so.
But the head of the snake is Vivek. He chose Divac to get the fans off his back imo. He chose PDA who fired Malone. We can't escape bad ownership and Grant et al. will never talk about it.

If they blow it up again I'm actually done for a few years. They might figure it out. I hope so.
But the head of the snake is Vivek. He chose Divac to get the fans off his back imo. He chose PDA who fired Malone. We can't escape bad ownership and Grant et al. will never talk about it.
Same. I'll always be a fan but if we're heading toward a 500th rebuild I'll need a break. I'll still keep up but won't intensely follow. Not until they show a glimpse of hope which probably just ends up in utter dissapointment again anyway.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Same. I'll always be a fan but if we're heading toward a 500th rebuild I'll need a break. I'll still keep up but won't intensely follow. Not until they show a glimpse of hope which probably just ends up in utter dissapointment again anyway.
I don't even think it would take a long rebuild.

Fox alone isn't getting us wins, I think he peaks as an excellent 2nd option.

Bagley isn't getting us wins even if healthy. 20/10 bigs with bad defense are fools gold (see: Okafor or Kanter, journeymen bench bigs despite their offense and rebounding prowess. Love, KAT, young Cousins.... tremendous numbers on awful teams. But I digress). But he can be a core piece too.

Buddy isn't getting us wins, but contenders would love to have him (probably off the bench).

We add an impact top 3 pick (doable at this rate - pending the prospects), good coach, and competent bench to this core and we're back in it. That could all happen in a summer. But the chances of it happening with the current FO/owner are slim to nil (see: last summer), which is what makes it all so frigging frustrating.

Bagley isn't getting us wins even if healthy. 20/10 bigs with bad defense are fools gold (see: Okafor or Kanter, journeymen bench bigs despite their offense and rebounding prowess. Love, KAT, young Cousins.... tremendous numbers on awful teams. But I digress). But he can be a core piece too.

Buddy isn't getting us wins, but contenders would love to have him (probably off the bench).

We add an impact top 3 pick (doable at this rate - pending the prospects), good coach, and competent bench to this core and we're back in it. That could all happen in a summer. But the chances of it happening with the current FO/owner are slim to nil (see: last summer), which is what makes it all so frigging frustrating.
This is the thought that’s keeping me afloat as a fan. It could all get real better, very fast. If Fertitta is dumb enough to fire Morey....well, maybe that’s a reach.
Anyway, I really like Anthony Edwards so I’ll be checking out some UGA games this year.

Literally unless Giles doesn't have any legs like Bol Bol, the $4M option should've been picked up. That's chump change.
Does Bol Bol have no legs? I'm not sure what the deal is with him but I do know that Harry has a history of major knee injuries including the most major one you can possibly have in his left knee. I'm still a bit peeved about letting Bol Bol go. Straight up from what I've seen out of Bol Bol prior to the NBA I would have taken him over Harry and what he showed any day.

I agree Vlade needs to go. Too many draft mistakes and our bench is terrible. Time to give someone else a chance because we are no better off now than when he took over as GM

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Is it a shock to anyone that vlade hasn't stepped down like he said he would?
Over a five-game span? Up until...checks calendar...literally 206 hours ago, literally every single Kings fan in the universe thought we were in that "better position" that Vlade promised. So no, I seriously doubt he's going to look at a five-game span, adjusting to a new coach and four of those five missing a potential future All-Star and say, "Yeah, guess I didn't move the franchise forward at all" and resign.

Over a five-game span? Up until...checks calendar...literally 206 hours ago, literally every single Kings fan in the universe thought we were in that "better position" that Vlade promised. So no, I seriously doubt he's going to look at a five-game span, adjusting to a new coach and four of those five missing a potential future All-Star and say, "Yeah, guess I didn't move the franchise forward at all" and resign.
I agree, that would be silly to resign after 5 games. I think the benchmark will be the playoffs, if we don't make it this year I think he will resign.

As I said before, I think the biggest issue is our bench. Arizona and Joseph are terrible. Same with Dedmon. And I think Vlade was hoping Boggi would be the spark off the bench but he cannot hit a shot.

Kingster

Hall of Famer

If this keeps up, which it probably will, we'll see a rebuild by the trade deadline. Fox and Bagley are the untouchables. Anybody who doesn't play their a$$ off from this moment forward is very touchable.

*Raises hand... Not me. He should have been fired immediately after trading the first and pick swap to clear up cap space to sign mediocre free agents.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Nobody on this team is untouchable because nobody is a superstar.
You don't have to be a superstar. You just have to have superstar potential. It's both unrealistic and infeasible to think that Fox and Bagley would be considered tradeable. Sure, if you send a superstar here in return Vlade could pull the trigger. But that scenario will never ever happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.